Author Topic: Expansion Pass Announced For Breath Of The Wild  (Read 9613 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: DLC Cancer Announced For Breath Of The Wild
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 12:52:16 AM »
Nintendo definitely wants to milk Zelda as much as possible.  They know the attach rate for Switch and BotW will be damn near 1.  But they can only sell as many copies as they do consoles.

Plus, look at the development time from WW - TP - SS - BotW. 4 games in a 15 year span. There's probably not going to be another Zelda again for awhile so milk this one for a few more dollars since they're already done re-releases of WW and TP.

Unless the exclusive clothing and useful items includes lens of truth sunglasses that makes everyone appear in their swimsuits, it's going to be a difficult sell.

I'm so glad we still have great stevey gems like this gracing our forums.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Expansion Pass Announced For Breath Of The Wild
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 10:47:06 PM »
So will the DLC be good for both versions of the game? Wii U and Switch?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 11:08:05 PM »
Nintendo definitely wants to milk Zelda as much as possible.  They know the attach rate for Switch and BotW will be damn near 1.  But they can only sell as many copies as they do consoles.

Plus, look at the development time from WW - TP - SS - BotW. 4 games in a 15 year span. There's probably not going to be another Zelda again for awhile so milk this one for a few more dollars since they're already done re-releases of WW and TP.

They've even remade the N64 games recently, so it's not likely they'd go back that well either.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2017, 01:10:01 AM »
And Link Between Worlds was a "re-imagining" of Link to the Past. All they have left are the handheld titles and the first two Zeldas in terms of remakes, unless they want to try another Four-Swords game.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2017, 02:19:39 AM »
We'll get a Skyward Sworld HD in the next 5 years since the Joycons motion controls make it possible to release the game on the Switch with the controls mostly unchanged.  Hell the Joycons can probably make them even better since it's more advance then the Motion Plus was.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2017, 03:59:08 AM »
I'm not opposed to Breath of the Wild getting an expansion pack, but I do think it is poor timing to announce and sell it before anyone knows if they enjoy the game first hand.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 10:37:44 AM »

Sold separately.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 01:29:11 PM »
We'll get a Skyward Sworld HD in the next 5 years.
NO!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 01:33:02 PM »
Your post says no but your wallet says yes.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2017, 02:03:46 PM »
I'm still curious about the new Amiibo functionality.  They might ultimately be more useful than the treasure chests of promotional clothing.  When I first read these items, I thought I would just buy the story part.  Hard mode is only interesting if it is significantly different, as opposed to enemies taking more damage and that sort of thing.  If I want that, I'll just play the whole game naked.

At $20, the extra story content needs to be very substantial.  Since most of us will have beaten the main game and most of the side quests, having the end reward be a special weapon or armor would be meaningless.  It just needs to be fun and compelling for a long time.  If they do that, and it doesn't feel like they just left out content that should have been there to begin with, then I'll be happy with it.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 09:07:36 PM »
Wait, I just caught that there is a time lapse between these events.  So the $20 one would pay now include the yet to be released expansions.  If it's still $20, when expansion 2 hits, then I think this seems as fair as it gets for DLC.  I wish Smash had that approach... pay once and just get the new characters as they came out.  And at least it's not the buy orbs like Fire Emblem Heroes....

Now that said, a lot of these features have been included in past titles for no charge (Cave of Trials), so I can understand the bitter taste it leaves in fans of the series, myself included.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2017, 09:09:07 PM »

Sold separately.

Thanks, figured.

Offline BiteThePillow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2017, 11:01:04 AM »
I like BotW so much that I sort of just paid for this without asking questions and actually tried to shove some more money into the game slot on the console. I don't really know what I'm doing anymore, just please give me more of this game Nintendo!
NNID: UltraGoomba
3DS Friend Code: 2208-7006-9833

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2017, 12:27:47 PM »
I like BotW so much that I sort of just paid for this without asking questions and actually tried to shove some more money into the game slot on the console. I don't really know what I'm doing anymore, just please give me more of this game Nintendo!

I can get behind this. When you really like something, it's worth supporting.
(That said, three days in and we've only played like 2 hours - mostly spent climbing trees and trying to catch fish with my kids. Not sure I need more content. At this rate we'll be playing for years...)
NNID: ejamer

Offline BiteThePillow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2017, 12:39:14 PM »

I can get behind this. When you really like something, it's worth supporting.
(That said, three days in and we've only played like 2 hours - mostly spent climbing trees and trying to catch fish with my kids. Not sure I need more content. At this rate we'll be playing for years...)

For real.  I hear there is a town in the game, but rock climbing is where it's at. Also I cooked a mushroom and went over that way somewhere for a long time.
NNID: UltraGoomba
3DS Friend Code: 2208-7006-9833

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2017, 07:30:13 PM »
I'd like us to progress a little bit quicker... but tonight was 15 minutes of cutting grass, then a bunch of cooking, then running out of ingredients so we took a break to find more so we could cook again...

At some point I'm going to start playing without the kids. But they are loving it, and it doesn't make sense to get too far in before leaving for a business trip. For now, I'm good with the snail's pace approach.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2017, 07:51:28 PM »
There is so much to do that you could really neglect a major portion of the game while pouring into something simple like cooking or exploring.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast