Author Topic: Pokemon Go Plus Officially Delayed  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Pokemon Go Plus Officially Delayed
« on: July 27, 2016, 12:03:25 AM »

Aiming for late July but clearly they missed.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/43101/pokemon-go-plus-officially-delayed

With no shipments in sight and only a couple of days left to ship it, Nintendo has officially delayed the release of Pokémon Go Plus.

The Bluetooth Low Energy accessory was tabbed for a late July release at E3, but the various national Nintendo Twitter accounts announced around the time of Nintendo's financial report that the device would ship in September.

No reason was given for the delay. Currently, Pokémon Go has been downloaded over 75 million times.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go Plus Officially Delayed
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 02:51:15 PM »
There's a good chance they will lose sales that they could have had this way.  But if it's not ready, it's not ready. Nintendo itself wasn't ready for the phenomenon that Pokemon GO has become.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 04:42:18 PM »
This is disappointing, since this accessory looked like it might fix a lot of the tedious elements in the game.  But, I had already accepted that I would probably not get it in the first run anyway because I didn't pre-order.  I hope that the game is much more stable by the time it comes out and that they don't raise the price.  By the time it comes out, many of the casual players will likely be over it, at least enough to avoid spending $35.  The hardcore players have already exhausted what the game has to offer for now.  I am somewhere in the middle, so I still have a decent amount to do.

Speaking of that, has anyone else had the glitch where Pokeballs just fall short every time?  It seems like the screen input is lagging enough that it is physically impossible to make a stroke long and fast enough to hit the target.  When that happens, I've learned to just give up before I use up all my nice balls in rage.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 12:57:14 PM »
Nintendo probably looked at the preorders, then looked at the manufacturing and said, "Oh, ****".
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 03:08:43 PM »
Speaking of that, has anyone else had the glitch where Pokeballs just fall short every time?  It seems like the screen input is lagging enough that it is physically impossible to make a stroke long and fast enough to hit the target.  When that happens, I've learned to just give up before I use up all my nice balls in rage.
I've had that happen before.  It's frustrating.  I actually found the most successful way to fix it is to force shut down the app and restart it. 

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 04:18:06 PM »
Ah, I will try that next time.  Thanks!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 07:06:00 PM »
They risk the craze dying down before this releases...

Yeah, I know it's huge and not like Miitomo, but you never know what could happen...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 11:04:32 PM »
Is Nintendo even in charge of the manufacturing?  Because they've had trouble running multiple amiibo lines simultaneously.  I wonder if they're partners are just at capacity.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 12:17:08 AM »
They're claiming responsibility for it in the letter to shareholders.

But I suspect it's pretty much this:
Nintendo probably looked at the preorders, then looked at the manufacturing and said, "Oh, ****".
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 05:45:17 PM »
It would be easy to criticize Nintendo for not learning their lesson with the whole early days of amiibo fiasco, but I really can't blame them here. There's no way you can reasonably assume something is going to be as wildly successful as Pokemon Go has become in such a short amount of time, even if you think it's a sure bet to be a winner.