Author Topic: Let's Talk Amiibo!  (Read 148599 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Talk Amiibo!
« Reply #525 on: August 08, 2017, 05:41:05 PM »
Thanks for the P2 Corrin tip. I figured Amazon would have a restock at some point so I've been checking here and there. Was able to snag a copy. You're a true forum hero! All I see are adds for Corrin P2 at $60.00 or higher. Those scalpers.... In this way, I continue to keep all my Amiibo bought at cost or lower having bought a bunch on sale.

My Amiibo collection has grown quite a bit since my last post. I picked up Waluigi and Daisy from the Mario line. I picked up King Dedede and Waddle Dee from the Kirby line. I've grabbed Ryu, Falco, Fox, and Lucas of the Smash line. They were all 50% off so I figured I'd grab them. Ryu was the only character I didn't care about but the rest were all figures I'd want. I've also picked up Cloud 1, Cloud 2 and Corrin 1 from the smash line at cost. I was also in Target yesterday and I did buy the Archer Link. If Zelda had been there, I'd have definitely taken her. Of the BotW line, Zelda and the Guardian are the ones I like the most. The upcoming Champion pack is also pretty great. Archer Link I was on the fence about. And Rider Link and Bokoblin I'm not too concerned about if I get or not. I don't care much for the look of them. I guess playing BotW has made me care a lot more about the Zelda amiibo since I was ambivalent about her when that line was released.

And now Corrin 2 is added to the collection. There are a few more cheap Amiibo I could add to the collection. The 3-Mii pack is $15.00 retail. The Retro 3-Pack is $25 retail. I'm going to meet up with someone tomorrow for the Robin, Little Mac, Zero Suit Samus, Classic Mario and Inkling Girl Amiibo. The Amiibo are all $12.50 each with Inkling Girl thrown in for free. I want the Robin and ZSS and am ok with the Classic Mario at the price. Little Mac I'm taking because he's cheap enough. I don't care about the Inkling Girl or any of the Splatoon Amiibo but free is free.

I'd like to find a Kirby and complete the Kirby line. I've got my eye on a bunch of the other Amiibo in the Mario series which are either on sale, below cost or at cost. There's pretty much all the upcoming Amiibo I'm interested in. Metroid line, Koopa Troopa and Goomba for Mario, Champion pack, Fire Emblem line of Chrom and Tiki. If I do acquire those then I might go back and start grabbing some of the others in the Smash series I'd like and see if I can score some in the Zelda 30th Anniversary series though that latter series seems to be the scalpers current bread and butter of Amiibo.

Not that I need the competition but if you were interested in acquiring various Amiibo then this might be a good time to buy. It seems fatigue may be setting in for other buyers who are now parting with their collection and stores are cutting prices on the older stuff not moving. Now you can get your Amiibo without spending a lot of scratch.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 08, 2017, 06:03:28 PM »
But I didn't even get to the part I was going to mention. Now that I've been purchasing a bunch of these Amiibo, I often seen people advertising cards/hacks to get various Amiibo benefits without buying the actual Amiibo like you've been talking about in this thread. I was actually think of buying some of those cards so that I don't have to open the Amiibo package and just tape them to the bottom of the package and use the Amiibo that way. Ha ha ha! If Nintendo does release a Qbby Amiibo here then he truly would be a box-boy with that idea. But maybe I'll check out UncleBob's suggestion.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 17, 2017, 10:13:53 AM »
Samus+Metroid 2-pack of Amiibo now live on Amazon.ca.

$40 for the set seems steep, but these are two of the nicer Amiibo I've seen and if they sell like the Breath of the Wild ones it might be better to buy early if interested.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071GPJ9TV

NNID: ejamer

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 23, 2017, 10:47:11 PM »
Urgh! My Amazon shipment arrived today. I opened the package to find the item smooshed into the box so that the cardboard back is bent in order to keep it in its place despite the fact the box is plenty big enough to not require that and the plastic is crushed up / bent up in a top edge. While wondering if I should contemplate complaining about it, I suddenly realize that this is the regular Corrin and not Corrin Player 2. Wondering if there was any stock left for them to send me a replacement, I checked in on Amazon and reviewed my order. However, Corrin Player 2 is now being sold by other parties which are not Amazon and it seems I somehow stupidly ordered Corrin 1 despite owning it already. I don't know how I made that mistake! I was sure I had gone to the right page. I knew what I was looking for and yet my order history says Corrin 1 was selected. So, that's a nice bit of nothing I got to pay for. Might as well do a return on it and recoup a bit of the cost but there goes my high I've been feeling since getting an SNES Classic on preorder. I contemplated ordering a second Corrin Player 2 after ordering what I thought was my first one just in case it might be useful in a trade down the road but decided against it since it was US dollars and there was shipping and duty taxes for it crossing the border. Now I'm regretting a bit that I didn't. *angrily shakes fist in the air* AAAAMMMMIIIBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 24, 2017, 07:02:50 AM »
Urgh! My Amazon shipment arrived today. I opened the package to find the item smooshed into the box so that the cardboard back is bent in order to keep it in its place despite the fact the box is plenty big enough to not require that and the plastic is crushed up / bent up in a top edge. While wondering if I should contemplate complaining about it, I suddenly realize that this is the regular Corrin and not Corrin Player 2. Wondering if there was any stock left for them to send me a replacement, I checked in on Amazon and reviewed my order. However, Corrin Player 2 is now being sold by other parties which are not Amazon and it seems I somehow stupidly ordered Corrin 1 despite owning it already. I don't know how I made that mistake! I was sure I had gone to the right page. I knew what I was looking for and yet my order history says Corrin 1 was selected. So, that's a nice bit of nothing I got to pay for. Might as well do a return on it and recoup a bit of the cost but there goes my high I've been feeling since getting an SNES Classic on preorder. I contemplated ordering a second Corrin Player 2 after ordering what I thought was my first one just in case it might be useful in a trade down the road but decided against it since it was US dollars and there was shipping and duty taxes for it crossing the border. Now I'm regretting a bit that I didn't. *angrily shakes fist in the air* AAAAMMMMIIIBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Argh!  Super frustrating!   :@ :( :@

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 24, 2017, 08:45:07 AM »
One Cloud Amiibo sitting at my local game store still...still trying to resist temptation of buying it.  I'm not normally one to buy figurines based solely on appearance, but that one has ties to a pretty Seminal game for me as a teenager.  Justifying not buying it right now because I know the only thing I'd use it for would be Smash, and even then, i didn't use the Amiibo functionality that much.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 01, 2017, 08:51:49 AM »
Did people see the new Shovel Knight 3-pack of Amiibo figures?  They look pretty cool, and I enjoyed Shovel Knight well enough to consider them.

Unfortunately, the unlocked features don't sound nearly as appealing as what the main Shovel Knight Amiibo figure offered - that two player mode was executed really well, and totally justified the cost of the figure at the time. (Although maybe it's unlocked for everyone now? I don't really keep track of these things...)

What do y'all think?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 01, 2017, 06:43:31 PM »
The co-op is now part of the full game w/o amiibo.

I agree, these are cool, and its nice to see non-Nintendo/indie companies getting support like this, but I'm on amiibo overload. Just don't have the shelf space for many more. Really makes me wish they had cheaper RFID card alternatives. I'd buy the cards just to have access to the bonus content, as I can stick those in a book or game case, but the figures are getting to be a bit much for me. I might even sell/donate my less loved figures because of limited space.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 01, 2017, 06:52:25 PM »
Nintendo is really getting good at the look of Amiibo figures these days. I've never played the Shovel Knight games yet I like the look of these characters enough that I'd consider buying the pack for them. I'm clearly in Amiibo's horrible costly grip. Somebody save me!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #534 on: September 03, 2017, 11:04:03 AM »
I really liked Shovel Knight and the Spectre Knight expansion.  I never made it through the Plague Knight campaign though.  That said, I'm not sure if I liked them enough to buy three more amiibo. But they're so pretty. .  .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 06, 2017, 01:09:37 PM »
I remember buying the Splatoon 3-pack on clearance for a third of the original price, and even though I did scan them into the game for the bonuses, I ended up feeling like they weren't worth the money. But I'm still glad I bought them, because now I know for sure that I don't like to buy amiibo. I haven't bought any since, though there is one I wouldn't mind having: the 8-bit Link. The main reason is that it would go nicely next to the 8-bit Mario that a friend gave to me. But I think I missed my chance on it, I don't think they produced very many of them.

I think if I add any more amiibo to my collection, it would be from ones included with a game. Ones like the Yarn Yoshi and the Chibi-Robo amiibo felt like bonuses, so I like those.