Author Topic: Lollipop Chainsaw  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Lollipop Chainsaw
« on: February 10, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »
I just watched the Valentine's Day trailer for this game and I'm really looking forward to it. Lollipop Chainsaw looks just as off-beat as Suda51's other games. I'll probably wait 2 months and watch the price drop exponentially. Is anyone else looking to this? Has anyone else even heard of it? I just found out it existed yesterday and a new trailer came out today.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Lollipop Chainsaw
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »
I heard about it in a friend's game informer magazine months ago. My thoughts were "do we really need another zombie killing game?"
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »
Since it's from Suda51... Yes. Yes, we do.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:29:55 PM »
I'm positive there is another thread with this game in it or about it.  I remember going what the when I read it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »
I didn't see one. Mods are more than welcome to combine the threads if there is one. I just really wanted to discuss the game.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »
I thought that the game looked pretty tame for Suda51... almost generic, in fact. At least from what I've seen, it appears to be taking a much more mainstream approach to Japanese eccentricities. The tone actually reminds me a lot of the film Sucker Punch. I'm leaning toward that being a bad thing. :P
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 02:22:24 PM »
Now that you mention it, I get that impression too which is only a bad thing if the plot is anywhere near as bad. The action scenes in Sucker Punch were pretty superb. I'm hoping for an Army of Darkness approach where it's so campy and self-aware that it's awesome. A blonde cheerleader with huge boobs is a far cry from Bruce Campbell though.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 02:28:20 PM »
It has the name Lolli-pop Chain-saw.  How will it not be campy.  In fact the most radical thing it could do is be a documentary on Zombies and there slaying.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »
It has the name Lolli-pop Chain-saw.  How will it not be campy.
I'm hoping for an Army of Darkness approach where it's so campy and self-aware that it's awesome.
Something can attempt to be campy and just end up being 10 kinds of awful. For example, anything directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer.