Community Forums > General Chat

Official Public Toilets Discussion

<< < (38/39) > >>

Khushrenada:
I saw those in action on imgur a week or so ago. When you flick the switch on the door to occupied to automatically frosts the glass so no one can see in or out. (Or at least that's what the person inside thinks.... :evil; ). The comment that stuck with me, though, was someone saying that you know these toilets had to be somewhere like Japan because the glass would have been all smashed or tagged with graffiti if it was in the US (although I'd extend that to Canada as well). That comment has stuck with me and is another sad indictment on the negatives of the culture we have. This is why we can't have nice things.  :'(

King of Twitch:

--- Quote ---When you flick the switch on the door to occupied to automatically frosts the glass so no one can see in or out. (Or at least that's what the person inside thinks.... :evil; )

--- End quote ---

What happens if there's a power outage?

King of Twitch:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/nasa-is-launching-an-experimental-23-million-toilet-to-the-space-station-on-thursday-but-its-designers-worry-it-s-too-stinky/ar-BB19m8tM

--- Quote ---On Thursday evening, NASA is sending a new, $23 million toilet to the International Space Station.

It's meant as a test: Astronauts on the ISS will test the toilet out before NASA installs an upgraded version on its Orion spaceship, which is slated to fly a crew to the moon as early as 2023.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---But Jason Hutt, the Orion spaceship's engineering lead, said there's still one kink with the UWMS: It's too stinky.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Because Orion is only the length of a small powerboat and must house four waste-expelling adults...
--- End quote ---

-_-

--- Quote ---The tests require human noses, so NASA has "certified sniffers" at its White Sands Test Facility in New Mexico. True to their title, these employees are paid to smell the toilets after they've been used to evaluate whether odor-control measures are working.
--- End quote ---

This is what scientists are doing instead of solving Covid or inventing hoverboards smh

ThePerm:
I imagine the Russian shitter was just fine. Also, each SpaceX Starship will cost about $40 million.

nickmitch:
More of a "Publicly Funded Toilets" discussion now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version