Author Topic: Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins  (Read 365918 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I just can't believe that stupid play. That's fucking ridiculous. 3 chances from the 1 yard line and you just give it away.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
I don't know why he was here.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
How many Super Bowls is Pete Carroll going to have to win to get people to stop talking about that play call?

1 more win and they'll simmer down a bit. While I get the logic that everybody in the world thought "BEASTMODE" so go quick slant, I would have not called it. NOPE. That's why God made horses.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Early in the season I said I wouldn't act like an entitled ass.  That the Seahawks winning the title last year would prohibit me from having any right to truly pout about losses for at least 10 years when many fans have never seen their team win it all.

Having said that....

WHY THE **** DID THEY TRY A PASS?!  YOU'VE GOT ONLY 1 YARD, A TIMEOUT AND THREE DOWNS TO WORK WITH.  YOU'VE GOT THE BEST RUNNING BACK IN FOOTBALL IN GETTING YARDS AFTER CONTACT AND YOU DON'T TRY TO HAVE HIM PUNCH IT IN?!  THEY HAD THIS IN THE BAG!  ARRRGH!!!!

Now I'm getting a little annoyed now talking about it but earlier tonight when I was a few hours removed from the game I was in a perfectly acceptable mood.  It's not that big of a deal.  It's a bummer but 20 years from now I'll look back at the Superbowl that was won, not the one that was lost.  Carrol, Lynch, Wilson and the LOB will always be the guys that gave us a title.  And they are still young so we don't know what the future holds.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:22:14 AM by Ian Sane »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Was a fitting end. Lost with a yard to go to victory.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
WHY THE **** DID THEY TRY A PASS?!
They were trying to thin the Defense a little.  The idea was to take the throw to show to NE that you would than run it when the defense is slightly less.  Statistically speaking it was a good idea.  That was the rookies first interception ever.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
They'll be back in hunt next year and maybe the year after that. No hope for my Eagles and the genius.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
New England got away with a few blatant penalties in the 4th quarter (tripping pass interference, the out of bounds hit that never happened), I'm sure it has nothing to do with Roger Goodell being in Robert Kraft's booth. Still, they were handed that win in the last minute and it really sucked. Good way to win, but a horrible way to lose.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
The draft's going on right now, and so far I'm very happy because the Browns got nose tackle Danny Shelton at 12, who I figured was the best case scenario there. Now let's see them do it again at 19.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
Finally...I can stop hearing about Marcus Mariotta coming to the Eagles. (Did I mention yet how much I don't like Chip Kelly)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
The draft's going on right now, and so far I'm very happy because the Browns got nose tackle Danny Shelton at 12, who I figured was the best case scenario there. Now let's see them do it again at 19.

My wife went to high school with Danny Shelton.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile

My wife went to high school with Danny Shelton.

He sounds like a great guy. The only college player last year to be both 1st Team All American and 1st Team Academic All American. And fucking massive, he literally picked up Roger Goodell when he came up after being drafted.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
bit of trivia Microsofts Cortana predicted 90% of the 2014 Fifa correctly.
BOW TO YOUR AI OVERLORDS! BUWAWAWA!
Made you look ****.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile

That's why they call him Johnny Football.

J.P. Corbran

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Welp, Seahawks lost it.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
6 Post above this one there is a Post on April 30th 2015 about how I don't like Chip Kelly...Nothing has changed. I can't stand his John Madden Football style play calling. Hate it. He's killing my birds and I can't stop him. That is all

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
So the Seahawks traded their best offensive lineman in Max Unger for Jimmy Graham.  Seemed like a good move on paper to improve the offense.  Now the o-line sucks, and it was already the weakest link last year, and Jimmy Graham has been invisible.  But it doesn't even seem like Graham is being targeted in offensive plays.  So you trade a valuable player for someone that you then seemingly refuse to actually use?  WTF?!  Last year there was this whole thing where Percy Harvin, for whatever reason, wasn't fitting in with the offense.  At the time I just assumed it was on Harvin.  But now it looks like a repeat with Graham where someone that was a good receiver on another team just doesn't seem to work in our offense.  Hmmmm.  And this is the OC that called that idiotic pass in the Superbowl.  Something is up here.  No way BOTH Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham just happen to be useless slugs that only thrived in the specific system of their prior team.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Green Bay got away with a lot of no call penalties in the first half...but Seattle still should have won that game. Lynch couldn't get any yards in the first half either, they should have thrown the ball. It was still a good game though.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
San Francisco sucks, but Seattle whooped their ass last night. Even with two interceptions that would have been touchdown passes, Seattle's defense was unrelenting and San Fran punted 9/11 possessions (with the first half ending what would have been 10/11) and 2 forced fumbles. Very fun to watch, especially after Seattle gave up in the fourth (again) on Sunday.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I think the 49ers are gonna fire their QB. Kapernick has lost it.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
It's hard to put it all on him, there is hardly anyone left from the 2012 Super Bowl 49ers. If he had people to block for him and throw to then maybe he'd be doing better. Then again, Seattle's offensive line is pretty lackluster these days (Wilson is most sacked in the NFL...though Kaepernick came close to matching him in that one game along), but he didn't have too many problems picking up some great runs of his own, in spite of the Levi turf trying to break his ankles.

This is not going to be a good year for my beloved Cowboys. My fall back team is also not doing so well. Might have to just accept this as a throw away season.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Well looks like Cassel can play football when it actually counts. Of course that was not a fun game to watch until the last quarter.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Man, I need to update the name of this thread.

J.P. Corbran