Community Forums > General Chat

Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins

<< < (232/234) > >>

Ian Sane:
At half time my entire family was cursing out the refs for some iffy calls on the Chiefs, but they had the second half to come back and couldn't seem to do anything right.  Their first drive in the second half looked promising and then both Hill and Kelce slipped on downs that looked like easy receptions, despite it not having raining and no one else slipping and sliding everywhere.  It was just that kind of game.  Ever have a situation where you rave about this restaurant you've been to and when you finally get friends of yours to go there with you it's the one time the food gets burnt and the waiters mess up your order and your friends and all like "what's the big deal with this place?"  That was the Chiefs last night.  I tell my parents they're the most impressive offense ever and then they completely **** the bed in the one game my parents watch.

I don't care for Tom Brady but my brother made a good point that one thing you have to give Brady credit for is that he does not squander opportunities.  If you slip on a banana peel he will finish you off, and I've seen hundreds of games where one team was just begging the other to defeat them and they didn't do it.  The guy always shows up ready to play and takes advantage of whatever opening there is.

nickmitch:
That game was hard to watch at times.  Some pretty bad missed calls at the beginning, and no offensive line for Mahomes all night.  The play of Mahomes throwing the ball while horizontal only to hit his receiver in the facemask is a pretty good summary for the night.  He played the best football he possibly could, but it was clearly not enough.

KC couldn't do too much on defense either, but that TB12 pick getting called back didn't help.

BlackNMild2k1:
The face mask bounce has to become a meme that goes viral.

and can't forget "he can't keep getting away with it".jpg for Brady.

Ian Sane:

--- Quote from: nickmitch on February 08, 2021, 01:38:02 PM ---The play of Mahomes throwing the ball while horizontal only to hit his receiver in the facemask is a pretty good summary for the night.  He played the best football he possibly could, but it was clearly not enough.

--- End quote ---

Last night was a textbook example of a superstar player being let down by his teammates.  While the calls were ticky-tacky, Mahomes was on the sideline while his defense gave up two touchdowns almost entirely on penalties (including lining up offside on a field goal, what the hell?).  His offensive line couldn't block **** and then he would escape and throw some miracle pass only for his receiver to drop it.  It really shows his composure that he didn't throw his teammates under the bus in post-game interviews or have a Philip Rivers-style freak out on the field.

BlackNMild2k1:
Mahomes is confident that they gonna be back again.
Brady's clock only has so many ticks left.

speaking of which, did Brady sign a multi-year?
Is he gonna try for 1 more next season? or is he gonna retire on top?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version