Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1193319 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3400 on: May 21, 2015, 08:15:39 PM »
Frankly if you are going to do Time Travel you can't go mixing things.  Its one thing for Barry to come back to a different timeline after he changes.  Its another for an event in the present on a timeline to effect the past of that timeline.  Just means a different timeline would be like the original timeline.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3401 on: May 21, 2015, 09:47:05 PM »

I honestly think the writers did not sit down and discuss how they were going to do this...but instead thought about how to make a good/interesting story first. 

For instance Rogue Time should have set up the rules for time travel...only Barry (the Time Traveler) and Cisco the Meta-human with time displacement power can remember.  And the changes are instantaneous.  And I think that those rules were clearly established.

So what is happening at the end?  Well, I think first we can assume that Barry always went, back to the past to save himself and saw himself stop him...all those events are in the past and happened, we just didn't know it yet because we were following the story from present Barry's perspective.

Second, the event that happened at the end, was so big that it caused an anomaly in time.  The paradox rips through time and space...it basically has caused time and events that CAN'T happen...so time is being destroyed...or that is my take. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: May 21, 2015, 11:10:10 PM »
So the only way to fix it is for Barry to run just far back enough in time for him to stop Thawne from shooting himself in the chest, and instead redirect the aim of the gun to shoot either:
1: Wells, killing him dead on the spot.
or
2: Thawnes own dick and balls, rendering him a sterile eunuch, unable to reproduce, but still alive.
therefore still rending future Eobard as impossible, but not tearing an instant time hole in the space above the city.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: May 22, 2015, 08:00:23 PM »
So Supergirl pilot:

I quite liked it. Was a good amount of Supergirl in it, and go into the action very quickly. The whole self doubt thing was over and done with in a few minutes. And I loved the music too. The Supergirl music, not the chicflick stuff.

I have no idea who the villain was. Was he an existing character or just something made for the show?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: May 22, 2015, 08:51:30 PM »
So Supergirl pilot:

I quite liked it. Was a good amount of Supergirl in it, and go into the action very quickly. The whole self doubt thing was over and done with in a few minutes. And I loved the music too. The Supergirl music, not the chicflick stuff.

I have no idea who the villain was. Was he an existing character or just something made for the show?

the pilot is out?

....off to the interwebz

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: May 22, 2015, 08:58:55 PM »
It is. I dare say they did a Flash and 'leaked' the pilot early to generate hype. Didn't hurt the Flash.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: May 23, 2015, 09:19:45 AM »
Its probably a good thing the supergirl pilot for intentional leaked. Hopefully they realize the only bad feedback seems to come from superman existing in the universe.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: May 23, 2015, 10:31:55 AM »
Maybe the Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff in the Flash will eliminate her cousin from the timeline.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: May 23, 2015, 11:28:30 AM »
All the FX look early. I didn't finish the episode yet (put it on super late last nite), but it seems like an interesting show. Superman being a part of this seems to lessen the chances of a crossover, unless the stuff that happens in The Flash leads to the crossover in the first place multi-verse!?.

speaking of that....

If The Flash were to cross over into the multi-verse, a world where Superman had been around for years, Supergirl just became a thing, Green Arrow uses fun trick arrows and isn't so dark and brooding, and some of his villains are actually good guys, while some of his friends may actually be villians (Killer "Kaitlin" Frost?) that could be an interesting way to reset the whole arrowverse.... Arrow in particular.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: June 15, 2015, 02:03:27 AM »
*sigh* I think I'm done with Game of Thrones. That season finale was pretty much the last straw on top of what was a pretty mediocre season. Haven't felt this depressed about the state of the show since the Red Wedding, and for very similar reasons.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: June 15, 2015, 08:31:07 AM »
I just binged the season on HBO Go a few days before the finale. A few things got spoiled for me. It was a mostly slow season until the last three or four episodes. I liked the finale a lot.

I don't believe Jon Snow is dead though the producers are saying this particular character is. Sounds like a red herring to me. Putting on my tinfoil hat: Melisandre returned to Castle Black, and she is supposedly still there. My guess is Ser Davos will find Jon Snow first and take him to Melisandre. She believed Stannis to be Azor Ahai reborn which is clearly not true now. The show has been hinting that Jon Snow may be Azor Ahai, and notably that Stannis isn't. Even if Jon Snow isn't Azor Ahai (or that there is no Azor Ahai), Melisandre just has to think he is in order to invoke the Lord of Light to bring him back like Thoros did for Beric back in season three (and a bunch of times off-screen before that). Then, there's Sam's line: "Jon always comes back." Maybe a bit too on the nose, but it is there. Also, Jon Snow's death would leave no real payoff to who his mother is. It isn't one of those thing you build up through all those books and seasons only to discard for shock value. I don't think this is where Jon Snow dies even if he does by the end of the show/books.

I'm glad there were a couple great payoffs in the finale, namely Brienne of Tarth and Arya. I think Reek's story is a work in progress. He got a bit of redemption even if Sansa is still mostly useless. I guess we'll see where that one goes.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: June 15, 2015, 08:06:44 PM »
*sigh* I think I'm done with Game of Thrones. That season finale was pretty much the last straw on top of what was a pretty mediocre season. Haven't felt this depressed about the state of the show since the Red Wedding, and for very similar reasons.

Don't give up! I had to give my wife a pep tal after the finally because she was raging. She says I am in denial, but I am completely convinced that the final death is not the end of that character. They may tease it out as long as they can, but by the end of next season we will see it for what it really is. Jon had to die to be absolved from his vows to the Night's watch. Now he can truly go kick some ass!

We also started Daredevil. Only three episodes in due to other weekend plans (and a Game of Thrones meltdown). But we are hooked on the show. Very engaging so far. I may like it better than Arrow S1, but I'll save that judgment for the end of the season. I like how it just cut to the chase of him being a vigilante and gave us the background later.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:17:16 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: June 15, 2015, 09:24:44 PM »
Game of Thrones was the best episode of any show that left me completely pissed off about the season being over. I don't think it's the end for that character. There were leaked photos from the episode before it aired that may reveal what happens (his eyes turned white, like his little brother's do when he wargs into animals). I need to replay it in slow motion to see if that actually happens.

Also the CGI face swapping during the walk of shame was terrible.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: August 06, 2015, 11:04:58 PM »
Fox News TV show job interview - 0/10.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3414 on: August 06, 2015, 11:41:55 PM »
What are you talking about?! That was the funniest live performance I've seen in YEARS!!

Sure, some characters were a little flat, but others had great chemistry while a few made sport out of stealing the show.  That left only the audience as the winner.

9.5/10
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: August 07, 2015, 03:01:39 AM »
What are you both talking about? I feel this is something I need to see.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: August 07, 2015, 09:28:07 AM »
Can't talk politics, but there was a top 10 best if the worst show on a channel I mentioned last night.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: August 18, 2015, 11:14:54 PM »
Rick and Morty s02e04

10/10

The show, while always entertaining, has had trouble really making me laugh like it consistently did the first season. That changed with this latest episode. Hilarious, endearing, and zany; this is why everyone should watch this show. The joke that they setup all through the show is worthy of an Emmy alone.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: August 19, 2015, 12:38:43 AM »
Rick and Morty s02e04

10/10

The show, while always entertaining, has had trouble really making me laugh like it consistently did the first season. That changed with this latest episode. Hilarious, endearing, and zany; this is why everyone should watch this show. The joke that they setup all through the show (starting with the opening credits) is worthy of an Emmy alone.

FTFY

and I agree

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: September 07, 2015, 10:14:56 PM »
I finished Agents of SHIELD Season 2. It was better than the first season though not without some major faults. The character who seemed like the main villain was killed off too soon then the villain of the second half felt rushed. That said, the writing was still uneven with weird pacing issues yet still far better than the first season which didn't feel like it had any direction until around the Captain America: The Winter Solider tie-in.

The show has way too many characters and not enough I care about. ABC ordered a pilot starring Mockingbird and Lance Hunter which sucks only because I liked those characters and if that show is picked up, Agents of SHIELD is still stuck with stupid Lincoln and Grant Ward (who, admittedly, was better this season). Skye is a badass now apparently though I guess I should stop calling her that.

In any case, the season was pretty good. As far as Marvel shows go, Daredevil mops the floor with Agents of SHIELD. The former feels more like an extension of the movies. The writing, acting, and directing are all sharper in Daredevil though kudos to the directors of the John Wick-esque scene in episode 19 and the Mockingbird fight in episode 21.

Nice ending to the season though I think I'd care more if Jemma was more consistent. Sometimes she's fine, other times, I want to see her get kicked in the face. Send more mixed signals Fitz's way, jerk.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3420 on: September 08, 2015, 12:15:33 AM »
Wife and I finished AoS S2 as well yesterday. And I agree, Daredevil is much more well put together, but I just feel more invested in AoS. I think it has to do with the direct connection to the MCU versus something that, for the time being, is far more of it's own thing.

Some people have theorized that Jemma [spoilers]will become a villain with how she closed out the season and truth be told, I had a feeling it was coming one way or another. Her whole cold-hearted demeanor in certain situations (Sky's InHunamization) may be a foreshadowing of things to come.[/spoilers] At the very least I can see Jemma taking Tony's side in the Civil War and it gives me great hope for the show doing a solid story arc about the Civil War.

With how things have accelerated in AoS I wonder how the In Humans movie will play out. Seems like a lot of time for the show to have to roll before the movie hits. Also, we have not seen the end of Cal. There is a precedent in the show for folks returning from that state, but it gives him a chance to be givien a break. I enjoyed his character and would like to see him come back fully as Mister Hyde.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:18:45 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: September 09, 2015, 04:18:29 AM »
Breaking Bad.

Wow. The hype for this is real. It's far too tense to marathon though.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: September 09, 2015, 05:08:59 AM »
Oh man, you're in for a treat. One of very, very few serialized shows to really end well.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: September 09, 2015, 05:30:35 AM »
I have finished it. Only thing I would add is "Go fucking watch it, BITCH". **** FLY and almost lost my **** with Face Off.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: September 09, 2015, 05:51:39 AM »
It's probably a very close second behind The Wire as my all time favorite TV drama, and arguably more impressive given they were able to pull it off without the greater creative freedom a network like HBO provides.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent