Author Topic: No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle  (Read 94768 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2009, 01:59:52 AM »
EFFING SABOTAGE

No Lotion Puss plus Dual Shock Controller support only means Marvelous has set this game up for a PS3 port.  Good job Marvelous, go ahead and take the satisfaction out of combat.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2009, 02:51:27 AM »
What? This game was just as satisfying and amazing as the first game.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2009, 03:13:46 AM »
On the classic controller?

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2009, 03:53:29 AM »
On the classic controller?

No. On the wiimote and nunny at PAXez it was amazing

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »
That's fine and good, but that doesn't stop Marvelous from making a dual-shock PS3 port.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2009, 09:32:17 AM »
That's fine and good, but that doesn't stop Marvelous from making a dual-shock PS3 port.

or ruffling the feathers of already overly angst-ridded Nintendo fanboys who'll skip the game for the idea if being ported to PS360 on top of it bombing again once it IS ported to PS360

Screens look nice, in a gritty sorta way. One of them makes me think Travis won't be the only playable character..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2009, 10:46:36 AM »
I don't see why they couldn't have supported both M+ and CC. Unless of course there's some financial investment attached to developing anything with M+, and since they have a low budget for these game it would make some sense.

Personally I would like more Wii games to have non-waggle gaming as a secondary option. I'm beat when I get home from work, and I absolutely don't feel like waggling anymore than I did all day.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2009, 11:49:24 AM »
I don't see why they couldn't have supported both M+ and CC. Unless of course there's some financial investment attached to developing anything with M+, and since they have a low budget for these game it would make some sense.

Personally I would like more Wii games to have non-waggle gaming as a secondary option. I'm beat when I get home from work, and I absolutely don't feel like waggling anymore than I did all day.

Stop masturbating at work and you'll be fine.

I really don't understandt he complaints about waggle sometimes cuz more often th an not its the gamer who is at fault not the game. In NMH you didn't need to do ridiculous amounts of controller shaking, just a quick flick of the wrist. You're too tired for that? Geez.

Caliban, I don't mean to call you out or anything by the way. I don't know what kinda work you do and maybe for you its a legitimate problem, perhaps you do work where a flick of the wrist really is too much, I have no idea. I just had to vent for a second.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2009, 01:46:30 PM »
One of them makes me think Travis won't be the only playable character..

You mean it wasn't the innumerable interviews and previews all stating that you get to play as Shinobu that did it?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2009, 03:14:24 PM »
Maybe they tested MotionPlus out and it didn't work out? Or maybe they don't have enough time to fully implement MotionPlus before the game ships?
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2009, 04:46:33 PM »
Its probably because the first one didn't sell like amazing or anything, so the 2nd one is a cash in on their existing engine. They aren't going to waste a bunch of money on a sequel that isn't going to produce much better sales than the first.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2009, 05:47:36 PM »

Stop masturbating at work and you'll be fine.

I really don't understand the complaints about waggle sometimes cuz more often th an not its the gamer who is at fault not the game. In NMH you didn't need to do ridiculous amounts of controller shaking, just a quick flick of the wrist. You're too tired for that? Geez.

Caliban, I don't mean to call you out or anything by the way. I don't know what kinda work you do and maybe for you its a legitimate problem, perhaps you do work where a flick of the wrist really is too much, I have no idea. I just had to vent for a second.

Haha it's okay. It is a legitimate problem for me, and I'm fine with waggle. It's just my personal preference, and not a criticism, that I would like such an option for the days when my arms and hands are tired.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »
I'm still getting the game. I liked the first and any port to an HD system probably won't hinder my enjoyment of this one either.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2009, 04:58:04 AM »
Dude I love the first one, definitely one of the manliest games I've ever played.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2009, 01:09:21 PM »
My old roommate and his fiancee loved to watch me play it. They thought it was hilarious and liked to affectionately call it the "Masturbating-Lightsaber-Penis-Game".
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 21, 2009, 11:38:28 PM »
Sweet four page interview with Suda. Very funny.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3176118
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2009, 12:25:45 AM »
Well he asked some of the questions I would have asked and I like Suda's answers.

Quote from: 1up
1UP: You mentioned once that No More Heroes 2 would be the last game in the series on Wii. Have you done any experiments on what it might be like on another platform, especially with the new motion controllers that have been announced for other systems?

GS: Actually, I answered differently, and it may have been misinterpreted. What I wanted to say was, looking at the Wii, I think No More Heroes 2 will probably be the last iteration for this current platform. But there's probably going to be a "Wii 2" or other next-gen system from Nintendo at some point, so I was saying that I would want to do another game in the series on the next Nintendo platform.

I want to continue the No More Heroes series, but I've finished the story for Travis. It's completely finished in No More Heroes 2. So I want to think of a different story -- a different character, or something like that within the series -- starting on the next Nintendo platform.

1UP: Alright, this is a question everybody in the media has to ask every developer now, but, what's your general opinion of the new motion controllers from Sony and Microsoft?

GS:... I think they're good. [Laughs] It's fun, because you have to think of new stuff.

1UP: Well, I don't know what to think exactly, either.

GS: I think it's good to have new technology like that. Right now, for the Wii, there's No More Heroes. I think it would be best if I had one series for Natal, and another for the Sony controller -- a different series for each system.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 12:30:08 AM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2009, 12:48:17 AM »
Suda's awesome.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2009, 01:31:46 AM »
Right now, for the Wii, there's No More Heroes. I think it would be best if I had one series for Natal, and another for the Sony controller -- a different series for each system.

But isn't NMH2 going HD on PS360?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:33:44 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2009, 01:57:39 AM »
Yup.  Marvelous' President is porting the game himself, with a calculator and a toothbrush.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2009, 04:10:19 AM »
Oh thank god I might have had HD+Natal w/ No More Heroes otherwise.

REALLY DODGED A BULLET THERE, WOOH

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 22, 2009, 04:15:30 AM »
Right now, for the Wii, there's No More Heroes. I think it would be best if I had one series for Natal, and another for the Sony controller -- a different series for each system.

But isn't NMH2 going HD on PS360?

I really hope that was a joke question.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline rbtr

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2009, 04:13:45 PM »
Well he asked some of the questions I would have asked and I like Suda's answers.

Quote from: 1up
1UP: You mentioned once that No More Heroes 2 would be the last game in the series on Wii. Have you done any experiments on what it might be like on another platform, especially with the new motion controllers that have been announced for other systems?

GS: Actually, I answered differently, and it may have been misinterpreted. What I wanted to say was, looking at the Wii, I think No More Heroes 2 will probably be the last iteration for this current platform. But there's probably going to be a "Wii 2" or other next-gen system from Nintendo at some point, so I was saying that I would want to do another game in the series on the next Nintendo platform.

Hooray!  I was worried, this is great news!  ;D

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2009, 09:28:09 AM »
One of them makes me think Travis won't be the only playable character..

You mean it wasn't the innumerable interviews and previews all stating that you get to play as Shinobu that did it?

Sorry I'm not on the internet almost 24/7 combing the web for every last peice of information on this one particular game. Even if the information was posted in this very thread I must've missed it. I'll try to be a little more geeky and suck at living my life so I don't upset you again. So sorry *bows*

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 23, 2009, 10:43:35 AM »
Yup.  Marvelous' President is porting the game himself, with a calculator and a toothbrush.
That would be a sight to see.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?