Author Topic: 1st Big Break!  (Read 9229 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: 1st Big Break! Videogame Music!!
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2005, 03:40:49 AM »
Romero is John Romero of Daikatana fame. Unless he switched again he should be working at Midway right now.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: 1st Big Break! Videogame Music!!
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2005, 07:20:59 AM »
"If it's any consolidation, I didn't sample anything for those tracks....I played everything."

Now that is cool.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:1st Big Break! Videogame Music!!
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2005, 05:54:43 PM »
I have to say they're interesting tracks. Good to see that original production isn't dead...

Some feedback:

Speedway:Good track. It does what its supposed to do.

SUVee's: The hook could use some work. That main synth sounds like its out of tune with the voices. But that's just me.

I C U move: Careful with that Pharell impression in the hook. Some people might call you a biter... Otherwise, its a decent hit that the clubs can play.

Warning: A hot, hot track for cruising your local boulevard or main street. Not good for the club, it'll get people more crunk than they should...

Hold u down: Very creative. I love how you incorporate the sample with the lyricists. Though its kind of odd that the singer(s?) can sing about putting some holes in you and make it sound hot.

Maybe you can have your guys subliminally put in a rhyme about the 'Cube/Nintendo in the future?

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Knoxxville

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:1st Big Break! Videogame Music!!
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2005, 10:11:09 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!  SUV's is still being tidied up for the game so I'll let you know when the final version is ready.  Since I'm not one to take credit when it's not due, "Hold U Down" was actually done for a mixtape we put out.  Alchemist did that beat....I just put that up there to show my groups variety of lyricism.