Community Forums > General Chat

Holy Crap! *New Tech/Gadget Thread*

<< < (2/123) > >>

NWR_DrewMG:
I've been test driving the new iPhone 3.0 OS since it launched yesterday, and I'm really liking it.  They made some changes to the way it plays podcasts (like a 30 second rewind button) which should really come in handy.

EasyCure:

--- Quote from: Mop_it_up on June 17, 2009, 06:59:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: EasyCure on June 17, 2009, 09:12:39 AM ---Ever hear about or read up on some cool new technology or gadgets, and just think "holy crap, that's cool!"?

--- End quote ---
Actually no, I haven't.

--- End quote ---

You're not allowed to post in this topic until you have something useful to say

--- Quote from: Mop_it_up on June 18, 2009, 12:00:08 AM ---Nope. I never heard of the Nintendo 64 until my friend rented one. I never heard about it before trying it and I never read up about it.

--- End quote ---

perma-banned from this topic

--- Quote from: Kashogi Y. Stogi on June 18, 2009, 03:05:28 AM ---I'm a technology nut as well. I find bleeding edge innovation to be fascinating. These days, there is something new to be seen everyday.

I've read the Nokia article and I think it's moving in the right direction. I, however, think it would be way more useful if someone could come up with a way to harness sound waves rather than radio waves.

But I'm more interested in this: http://www.sciencentral.com/articles/view.php3?article_id=218392803

A long-lasting, quickly-charged, super battery could make this budding technology even more useful.

--- End quote ---

Wow, very interesting article. That clearly sounds much better than Nokias solution, and the fact that both teams seem to be shooting for the same time frame (for their ideas to hit market; 5 years) it'll be interesting to see how things unfold and what takes off.

My money would be on the new capacitor technology from your article, but who knows.

kraken613:

--- Quote from: DrewMG on June 18, 2009, 08:23:01 AM ---I've been test driving the new iPhone 3.0 OS since it launched yesterday, and I'm really liking it.  They made some changes to the way it plays podcasts (like a 30 second rewind button) which should really come in handy.

--- End quote ---

Same here! Two years later I can Copy and Paste on my phone!

NinGurl69 *huggles:
On TV a couple years ago I saw a British firm demonstrate a new material technology.  It was originally intended to coat the blades of helicopters to help silence them when activated by an electrical current, but it ended up doing the opposite: it made audio.  So we have a thin surface material that's basically a paper-thin speaker.  The applications they had for it were pretty awesome:  turning cell phone screens into the speakers themselves, laptop screens, and whatever mostly unused flat surfaces you can think of.  I was hoping to see this technology in mobile phones this year, but I guess it's not ready yet.

EasyCure:

--- Quote from: kraken613 on June 18, 2009, 03:55:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: DrewMG on June 18, 2009, 08:23:01 AM ---I've been test driving the new iPhone 3.0 OS since it launched yesterday, and I'm really liking it.  They made some changes to the way it plays podcasts (like a 30 second rewind button) which should really come in handy.

--- End quote ---

Same here! Two years later I can Copy and Paste on my phone!

--- End quote ---

2 years!? Hehe.. only took me about 8 months and 2 firmware updates for my phone ;)

--- Quote from: NinGurl69 *huggles on June 18, 2009, 04:25:40 PM ---On TV a couple years ago I saw a British firm demonstrate a new material technology.  It was originally intended to coat the blades of helicopters to help silence them when activated by an electrical current, but it ended up doing the opposite: it made audio.  So we have a thin surface material that's basically a paper-thin speaker.  The applications they had for it were pretty awesome:  turning cell phone screens into the speakers themselves, laptop screens, and whatever mostly unused flat surfaces you can think of.  I was hoping to see this technology in mobile phones this year, but I guess it's not ready yet.

--- End quote ---

Wow imagine an iPhone where the whole screan is a speaker... I'm sure Apple is and i'm sure they'll try to keep other manufacturers from using that in their devices with some sorta stupid patent like they did with touch controls on the iphone ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version