Author Topic: Nintendo Show 3D  (Read 4938 times)

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Nintendo Show 3D
« on: September 01, 2011, 05:52:49 PM »
Nintendo has added a brand new weekly (I think) show to the eShop. Similar in setup to the Nintendo Week show on the Nintendo Channel on the Wii it seems it's designed to discuss the latest 3DS releases and news. It's hosted by a woman name Jessie Cantrell (who is quite charming :) ). It's presentation is more professional then the somewhat corny but still fun Nintendo Week.

The first episode covered
- Star Fox 64 3D
- Zelda Annivseary (from the concert to Skyward Sword bundle)
- top Nintendo GameBoy/Gameboy color games as well as 3D Classics
- Nintendo Video service
- Ambassador games.
- The intro to Star Fox 64 3D was shown as well.
- A two short clips where shown at the end. One of pigs and another of a guy trying to put with the ball coming towards the screen several times.

On the whole I really liked it. It would be nice if this was apart of the Nintendo Video service instead though. Perhaps up the slots to 5 and dedicate one just for this show.

Offline delebreaub

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • StreetPass WI
Re: Nintendo Show 3D
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »
It would be nice if this was apart of the Nintendo Video service instead though. Perhaps up the slots to 5 and dedicate one just for this show.

Or, you know, they could just replace the "Nintendo Video is..." video that has been up forever. It's not like it gives us information we don't already know.

Offline zachs1997

• Mr. Yuk Is Mean! Mr. Yuk is Green!
  • Score: -47
    • View Profile
    • zachworlds
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 06:33:06 PM »
Ok so scap nintendo video. On the wii its nintendo channel not wii channal. So just make the nintendo chanal for 3ds also have 3ds exclusive content that you can't see on wii
If I had a dollar for ever time I have heard that. Because a dollar is worth more than a nickle.
Zachworlds.enjin.com

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 06:36:01 PM »
...which is what the eshop basically is. I don't see why we can't just keep the videos in the eshop channel and call it good.

Offline zachs1997

• View Profile
    • zachworlds
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 07:05:28 PM »
I see what you're saying but if they do that than at least have a seperate part for videos
If I had a dollar for ever time I have heard that. Because a dollar is worth more than a nickle.
Zachworlds.enjin.com

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 10:04:22 PM »
I was impressed by the 3D video in this and I thought it was entertaining. I look forward to watching, but I agree with everyone else that It needs to be part of Nintendo video not e-shop

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 02:48:53 AM »
It's presentation is more professional then the somewhat corny but still fun Nintendo Week.

Okay, I know that I'm the only person in the entire world who likes-- no, LOVES-- Nintendo Week.  Yes, it's corny, with all the dark Gary stuff and the little parodies that light Gary and Allison do.  But that's why it's fun.  And while I think the execution and the host of this "Nintendo show" is fine and all, but it's the very idea behind this show which I hate. 

This is basically a cheap copy of the even cheaper (and crappier) PSN show...what is it, "Fuel," or "Extreme," or "Blast," or "Thrust," or whatever is the X-games buzz word.  No story, no skits, no banter, no staged Wii Party play sessions. 

Sometimes, the only reason I turn on my Wii on Mondays Thursdays is to watch the new Nintendo Week.  It's soothing, relaxing, and while I may not laugh, it makes me smile. 

And besides, for the past few months over half of every episode of Nintendo Week has been 3DS related.  What's the point of this show?
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »
It's in 3D.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »
First, nice to hear that leahsdad enjoys Nintendo Week too. I haven't watched every episode, but have seen most of them and general enjoy knowing that a new episode is available at the end of the week. Sure it's kind of lame. I'm ok with that.

However, I also enjoy the new Nintendo Show 3D. It feels like they are trying to target a slightly older audience that is more accustomed to what PSN delivers, so the execution is fine. More importantly to me, it offers another (still rare) example of 3D that generally looks good and shows off one of the most hyped but least used features on my 3DS. At this point I'll take any free 3D content that Nintendo is pushing.

I do wonder why this didn't appear on the Nintendo Video service instead though. Maybe they didn't think enough people would see it there? Maybe the file size is just too big?
NNID: ejamer

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 05:53:48 PM »
It's in 3D.

Well, yeah, if you really want to pay attention to things like facts, details, reality, then sure, that's a reason.  I think Nintendo Week in 3D would be great, but I their budget is probably small and it might be difficult for them to shoot it in 3D, especially because they use some cheap but funny-in-an-ironic-way special effects.

First, nice to hear that leahsdad enjoys Nintendo Week too. I haven't watched every episode, but have seen most of them and general enjoy knowing that a new episode is available at the end of the week. Sure it's kind of lame. I'm ok with that.

Thank you!  I'm glad I'm not the only one willing to admit it.  It seems like everyone craps on Nintendo Week, but compared to PSN's equivalent ("Strike?,"  "Beat?") and whatever Microsoft has, if anything, it's pretty darn good.  Sometimes it can be laggy, especially Thursdays, but some awesome Nintendo fan on youtube uploads every single Nintendo Week on their channel, along with a bunch of EU and JAP Nintendo Channel content.  I have no idea how this person is able to pull such good quality video off their Wii (or Wiis, since they obviously have a Japanese and European Wii) and onto youtube--- there is absolutely no loss of quality.  Their channel is here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NintenDaanNC

This person has more Nintendo-related video on their youtube channel than any Nintendo or Gaming website out there, period.  Really comprehensive.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »
He's also a Europe Correspondent for NWR. :)
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline zachs1997

• View Profile
    • zachworlds
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 08:26:02 PM »
It needs more dark gary
Zachworlds.enjin.com