NWR Interactive > Podcast Discussion

Episode 574: Game Freak Used Money Stone on Eevee

(1/5) > >>

NWR_Lindy:
It evolved into 100 billion yen.http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/47354/episode-574-game-freak-used-money-stone-on-eeveeJon finally returns to us, and as such he gets to kick-off New Business. He starts with impressions of Dark Souls: Remastered, for the Xbox One X - The World's Most Powerful Gaming Console™. This is his first time with Dark Souls, although not the Souls series as a whole, and he seems a bit puzzled at the game's "legendary difficulty." Speaking of remasters and re-releases, he also has impressions of Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection. It's a flashback to a simpler time for our future Evo champion. Lastly, to complete the theme, he looks at the new release of RFN-favorite Ikaruga - now on Switch. Guilluame asked Karen to join us so that they could talk about Yoku's Island Express - a "Metroidvania pinball game" that they both really love. Guillaume reviewed Baobabs Mausoleum Ep.1: Ovnifagos Don't Eat Flamingos, it's odd. James finishes up New Business with yet another review game: Milanoir, a brutal love-letter to Italian cinema that ultimately isn't much fun.After the break, we knock-out a duo of Listener Mail. This week we examine the value if small levels and breakdown the announcement of Pokémon Let's Go!. You can follow us around with questions by sending us an email.Next week is our RetroActive on Henry Hatsworth. You can contribute thoughts to the talkback thread.

ClexYoshi:
Jon talking about Dark Souls vindicates comments I made during the 2016 Telethon wherein we were talking about unsuccessful jumps to 3D and I had explained that Dark Souls did a better 3D Castlevania game than Castlevania.

Oedo:
Game Freak's never going to run out of games to remake on their current pace. They've done one remake per Nintendo handheld since they started with FireRed and LeafGreen on GBA. Gen 4 is already plenty old like Greg points out, and Gen 5 (which came out in 2010) will feel plenty old when we're a few years into the life of Switch 2 as well.

I'm a bit surprised to hear that Guillaume had an issue with grinding if he played Pokemon Moon. You get Exp. Share very early in the game and there's a fairly significant exp bonus from Pokemon Refresh too. Since Gen 6, Game Freak has gone to great lengths to ensure people who don't any grinding whatsoever have options to avoid it (to the point where Exp. Share is kind of useless now for people who don't want a lot of their Pokemon to be overleveled).

Pandareus:
I could have been clearer: grinding may not be unavoidable in Pokémon, but it's kind of the whole point of the game for most people. You're building up a team, possibly to face opponents in multiplayer.

Otherwise, the appeal is to collect them all (which I say is another form of grinding), or you're playing for the story, which as I said, I found boring.

TOPHATANT123:
My worry with Let's Go is that without the staple Pokemon mechanics there really isn't going to be a whole lot of depth. There isn't much of a story to speak of in any of the Pokemon games and the original game wasn't really THAT long to begin with. I understand wanting to do something different but it's hard to get excited when they're stripping out so much and seemingly adding so little.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version