Author Topic: Valhalla Knights is Coming to Wii.  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Penguin_Of_Thyme

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Valhalla Knights is Coming to Wii.
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:42:23 PM »
The RPG series is heading for Wii in a new installment that promises gigantic monsters and online cooperative play.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=16883

A recent issue of Famitsu, the Japanese gaming magazine shows that the K2 developed RPG, Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga is coming to the Wii. Two installments of Valhalla Knights have already been released on the PSP. The game features character creation, a cooperative Wi-Fi mode, and a great deal of monster killings.    

The story tells the tale of a world that has gone out of control after the return of magic. Players will join the armies of elves, dwarves, humans, and halflings on a quest to banish magic to a place known as Eldar.    

The game will have a deep character creation mode in which players can select attributes such as their job, hair color, strength, and intelligence. Uniquely the game is divided into two chapters, which are both selectable at the start of the game. Strangely it is only possible to create a new character whose gender and race can be something other than male or human after completing one of the chapters. Data from the first chapter completed will be carried over to the second.    

Like in the previous Vahalla Knights games, players will take on a wide variety of monsters that drop useful equipment and items. Elder Saga will have some of the largest and most fearsome monsters seen in the series. The game will also support the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection so that two gamers in separate households can play cooperatively. Part of the soundtrack is being composed by Motoi Sakuraba, who has written music for a number of games including the Star Ocean series, and Mario Golf.    

Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga will debut in Japan in 2009.    

Special thanks to James Charlton translation assistance.

Jared Rosenberg
Video Producer, Nintendo World Report

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Valhalla Knights is Coming to Wii.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:44:58 PM »
Based on the PSP games, don't get excited.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 09:57:44 PM »
Even if it's only decent, the idea of co-op play is pretty enticing...Also the Sakuraba soundtrack... =(
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 10:40:56 PM »
Well, maybe the third time's the charm, Schadenfreude. I know such a thing is uncommon, rare even, in entertainment.

I hope they're not recycling content from the PSP to the Wii. That would be bad.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 09:05:56 AM »
Eldar? I want Space Marines!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile