Author Topic: Grudge Match from Hell: Wii Remote Vs Fighting Games  (Read 3448 times)

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Grudge Match from Hell: Wii Remote Vs Fighting Games
« on: August 16, 2006, 12:24:22 AM »
Soul Calibur:  I'll start with the game that should work with the remote the best.  Imagine using the nunchuck's stick to move the character around and the remote to swing the weapon freely, using a button on one of the handles to jump, and other buttons along with remote movements to trigger special moves you can't do just by swinging at the other guy's face.

Mortal Kombat:  This game has been confirmed but noone knows how it will control.  It won't be the Mortal Kombat I want.  The game I want would go back to 2D, now with scrolling FMV backgrounds (like RErebirth and Zero) and all the power focused on the two 3D character models.  Players would dual wield remotes.  One dpad would move the character old school style.  The other buttons, like Soul Calibur, would be used with the remotes' motion tech to trigger special moves.  Your swings with the remotes would by default throw punches, and holding the B buttons would allow you to kick with the remotes.  Wounds would remain the whole match.  If you slice someone with a blade using the remote, the wound will appear where you swing and how you swing.  If you just hack into someone, your blade will get stuck in them; depending on your weapon you might find you have to pull the blade to cut with it like a steak knife.

I want to go back to the gritty aesthetic the game took when it first came out.

Street Fighter:  Possibly the greatest challenge.  This game can't work with 2D sprites and the remote.  I would want it to be toon shaded, 3D, and using two nude remotes.  One dpad would be for your 2D character movement, jumping, and ducking.  Up and down on the other dpad would move you along the third dimension during the fight.  Your swings with the remotes would by default throw punches, holding the B buttons would allow you to kick with the remotes, and you would use other buttons to to trigger special moves allow you to puppeteer the character's limbs when doing something like throwing a fireball.

Super Smash Bore:  Nintendo has come out and said they won't use the remote for SSB.  I think they could do some cool things with this game and two remotes (it is 2D).  When you get the hammer for example, you could really swing it.  When you throw characters, you could actually throw them.

DBZ:  I would want this game to control like Street Fighter, but using a remote to fly.

Everything should be online.

And it would be nice to see an original fighter as well.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Grudge Match from Hell: Wii Remote Vs Fighting Games
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 04:25:44 AM »
Classic fighting games will use the classic controller.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 06:55:34 AM »
Nice to see everything is resolved.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
RE:Grudge Match from Hell: Wii Remote Vs Fighting Games
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 12:55:01 PM »
I could have sworn I posted this in the Wii section.  

The classic pad is inferior to the 360 pad, and it's a cop out.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 01:19:28 PM »
A cop out.  Yes indeed.
Inferior to the 360 pad.  I'll have to play with both of them first.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 08:41:31 AM »
the remote offers the possibility to push forward an archaic genre, its disappointing Nintendo isn't going to do it with Brawl, specially since the first smash bros was so fresh and new for a fighting game. The game will be awesome for sure, at the very least is going to have an amazing soundtrack, but I wish someone would make a fighting game using the remote.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 09:28:41 AM »
I think the pushing forward should be done with a new series, people buy Smash Bros for a certain gameplay.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 03:54:47 PM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
the remote offers the possibility to push forward an archaic genre, its disappointing Nintendo isn't going to do it with Brawl, specially since the first smash bros was so fresh and new for a fighting game. The game will be awesome for sure, at the very least is going to have an amazing soundtrack, but I wish someone would make a fighting game using the remote.

DBZ
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 10:20:30 PM »
I think my opinion can be summed up as follows: Traditional fighting games would best fit the Xbox 360 controller and non-combo intensive fighters would best fit the Wii controller. Also like someone else said, the Wii controller has potential to beef up the innovation level of fighters, possibly creating a new breed.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 01:41:50 AM »
Traditional fighting games would best fit the Xbox 360 controller

I beg to differ, when I play Melty Blood I disconnect the XC controller in order to use my Stormtrooper gamepad, which works much better for 2d because its analog stick has a good deadzone in digital mode.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 05:31:16 AM »
And I still say smash will use the Wii Classic Pad, Gamecube controller options are nice but I think they need an official Wii controller input as well.  So far the only game to use the GCpad would be Dragonball Z  and SSBB and even Dragonball uses the nunchuck/wiimote combo as a primary input.  So all in all I believe SSBB will have Wii Classic controller as its primary scheme, and Gamecube as its second.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 12:17:53 AM »
Are we going to be able to plug the 360 controller into the USB?  That would be funny.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 03:14:20 PM »

And I still say smash will use the Wii Classic Pad

As well as the nunchaku+wiimote combo.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon