Author Topic: Invite to Mafia Championship Season 7  (Read 136596 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Invite to Mafia Championship Season 7
« on: April 17, 2020, 03:14:45 PM »
Hey everyone so I just got a PM from Lissa and it was about an Mafia Championship.  I checked and this looks legit.     I guess after my preformance last game I got recognized. :P   Anyway joking aside I am just going to share the PM to run over the details....

====================================================================

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 7)

Ahoy there! :)

I’m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 7 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 320+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It’s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part :)

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to Lissa as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot. Currently, the plan is to accommodate 150 communities this season. If there is further interest, additional communities may sign up as substitutes; generally there are some replacements needed both before and during games.

If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 27, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
  • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
  • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.
2. SEASON 7 FORMAT

The tournament structure
  • 150 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • QUALIFIERS: 10 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd place will advance to the Semifinal Games.
  • SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 6 will select 25 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
  • THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 7 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.
This year’s setup: JOAT^2
The setup is called JOAT^2 and features 15 players.

The setup consists of the following:

3x Mafia Goon
2x Town Jack Of All Trades (9x Doctor, 9x Motion Detector, 9x Tracker)
10x Vanilla Townie

Note that the Jacks Of All Trades must use all three actions before repeating an action, i.e. they are rotating. This does not mean they must use the actions in the same order every time.

Relevant mechanics info
- Day start.
- Majority lynch is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point in order to lynch.
- Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.
- No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
- Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
- Thread is locked during Night Phases.
- Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
- Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Tracker and the Motion Detector actions.)
- Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
- Mafia may communicate at any time.
- Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
- The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals roles automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

3. SEASON 7 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifier Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates ranging from late April to mid-June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

The Semifinal Games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Lissa#8083).

Kind regards,
Lissa

====================================================================

TLDR-  Basically you need to be active enough to make 10 day posts, No comments outside of the thread if you are not Mafia, You need to be active to read lots of posts in the early game.  There will be 15 players with a pretty basic setup of 3 Mafia members, 2 townie Jack of all Trades or for those that saw my 1st Resident Evil Mafia game the "Jill of all trades" is a role based on the Jack of all Trades and then 10 normal townies. 

We need to select a rep for the championship and a substitute if the regular rep can't play.  Deadline for a rep and substitute is April 27th.

So selecting a rep and a sub....   Here is what I propose... If you feel like you can be active during those times and follow those guidelines. Comment in this thread and on the 21st near the end of the day I will take all the players names  and put them in a poll and we can vote for who we want us to rep us. The player with the most votes will be the rep and the substitute will be the second most votes will be the substitute.    I will close the poll the morning of the 25th so we will have time to enter the championship.   

Here is the General info thread on the Mafia Universe forums.  https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/25499-Season-7-General-Information

Players interested in being the representitive for the championship.

BeautifulShy
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:33:22 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Invite to Mafia Championship Season 7
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 03:34:59 PM »
Hahaha. I got a PM from Lissa about this a couple weeks ago. I just reported the PM to Insanolord but he did nothing about it. Lol
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 03:41:33 PM »
So I take it you aren't interested?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 03:45:52 PM »
I doubt I'd be active enough to do this unfortunately.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 03:56:36 PM »
So I take it you aren't interested?

Not. At. All.

;)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 04:00:31 PM »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 04:05:54 PM »
Nooooooooo!!!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 04:08:35 PM »
Nooooooooo!!!
So you don't want to be the rep?     I was going by the winking emoji.  Like a reverse psychology thing.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 04:27:13 PM »
For the record I also got this PM like 2 weeks ago and completely forgot about it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 04:31:13 PM »
I'm actually serious about not being added. If I wanted to, I could have just declared myself the rep and joined up when I first got the pm and no one would have been the wiser. But I'm not. At various times, I've played Mafia on some other sites and in real life. None of it compares to the style and way we play it. I can't go anywhere else to get the same Mafia fix I can get here.

On the more petty side, I've never heard of this Mafia Universe site before. To my knowledge, none of their members crossover with ours or are part of our community. Suddenly, one shows up to advertise an event on their site? Forget it. But you gotta love the way this was done. There's an old forum rule I think of from time to time whenever someone suddenly joins to promote their YouTube channel or some other personal project and then leave: "Spamming the board with for-sale or advertisements for other sites." To me, it's an advertisement for their site. I don't know if your message was edited or you edited it when posting but the one I got mentioned this Mafia Championship as: "More importantly, it has created strong bonds between communities, resulted in countless friendships, and it has even led to people getting married, believe it or not :)" That reads like an advertisement to me in order to sell one on their product. However, rather than just post this invite, Lissa has gone to you and me to get a longtime member of the community to post if for them instead. Tricky, tricky. That way, Lissa isn't just showing up to "spam" her product and leave but using someone else for her dirty work so it wouldn't get taken down or rejected.

There's more to it than that which I could get into like why they suddenly need us or are reaching out to our community now for their 7th edition. If these bonds are so strong then what kind of disadvantage does that put on a new person suddenly joining their tourney or why they need other players now? But, at the risk of coming across too cynical, I'll leave it at that for now.

However, if you or anyone else wants to do it then go ahead. Best wishes. If you think it will be a fun experience then I hope it really is. I've just got my own personal hang-ups about it so I'm out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 04:34:02 PM »
Nooooooooo!!!
So you don't want to be the rep?     I was going by the winking emoji.  Like a reverse psychology thing.

The winking thing was just to keep from seeming too angry in my post. "Not. At. All." felt quite strong so I just wanted to lessen the impact by winking to show I'm not quite that upset but I guess I should have just gone with a smiley face.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2020, 04:35:41 PM »
Okay so Khush is out.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 04:36:15 PM »
For the record I also got this PM like 2 weeks ago and completely forgot about it.

So this Lissa is spamming away. I should totally just ban her. Darn Community Manager Admins not reading their reports to act on this early and protect the community!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2020, 05:06:37 PM »
I read the report, I just didn't think you were serious about wanting me to do something about it. I thought you just wanted to share that it happened.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2020, 05:29:17 PM »
So you don't want to be the rep?     I was going by the winking emoji.

I read the report, I just didn't think you were serious about wanting me to do something about it.

No one takes me seriously anymore....  :'(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 05:32:27 PM »
However, you are correct. I just thought it was the perfect chance to try out the report to admin feature for a PM to see what would happen and because I was dismissive of the whole invite. If I felt more action was necessary then I'd have contacted you. I'm just bringing it now that it has become a thing.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2020, 04:36:35 AM »
Well it is the 21st and I am going to see if anyone wants to be a second person for this by the end of the midday of today I guess I am the rep by default if there isn't a second person.  If there is a second person then I will put up a poll near the end of the day.  Say 9pm PST is the deadline for a second person.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2020, 07:33:29 PM »
I guess I am the rep and no substitute.   Fun times are ahead for me.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2020, 12:42:28 AM »
I have decided to throw my hat into the ring. I realize now that I should go there and just completely create chaos. Therefore, if you forum users will vote for me, I pledge to do my all in making Mafia Universe ever regret coming to these forums and secretly sending out PMs to promote their ****. I will go over there and I will spam everybody. NWR has a wealth of spam material in the mods "secret" garbage forum. It is time we put it to use.

Besides unloading spam, I'm going to bring Topic of the Minute over there and let everyone know about an NWR Thread every minute I can. NWR is going to be fully represented and all these other communities are going to remember us! 2020 will no longer be the year of Covid but the year of NWR-PTSD as people all over the internet and world try to process the trauma of pain I shall unleash. These "Championships" may have "created strong bonds between communities, resulted in countless friendships, and even led to people getting married" but now it is also going to be responsible for creating strong therapy sessions resulting in countless legal actions and maybe even lead to people getting murdered.

I will not follow the rules. No private messages or outside communication unless Mafia? Screw that. Git gud. I'm going to play against any role given. I'm going to usurp the host. I'm going to interfere in games I'm not involved in. I'm not there to win. I'm just there to make sure everyone loses no matter the outcome. If the big sports leagues cannot play their seasons and have a Championship then I don't see why MU should feel they are exempt. Their season should also be suspended and anything short of that is an attempt to restrict my religious freedom and first amendment rights and will not stand!

So vote for me and let's burn a corner of the internet!!!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2020, 01:15:45 AM »
I have decided to throw my hat into the ring. I realize now that I should go there and just completely create chaos. Therefore, if you forum users will vote for me, I pledge to do my all in making Mafia Universe ever regret coming to these forums and secretly sending out PMs to promote their ****. I will go over there and I will spam everybody. NWR has a wealth of spam material in the mods "secret" garbage forum. It is time we put it to use.

Besides unloading spam, I'm going to bring Topic of the Minute over there and let everyone know about an NWR Thread every minute I can. NWR is going to be fully represented and all these other communities are going to remember us! 2020 will no longer be the year of Covid but the year of NWR-PTSD as people all over the internet and world try to process the trauma of pain I shall unleash. These "Championships" may have "created strong bonds between communities, resulted in countless friendships, and even led to people getting married" but now it is also going to be responsible for creating strong therapy sessions resulting in countless legal actions and maybe even lead to people getting murdered.

I will not follow the rules. No private messages or outside communication unless Mafia? Screw that. Git gud. I'm going to play against any role given. I'm going to usurp the host. I'm going to interfere in games I'm not involved in. I'm not there to win. I'm just there to make sure everyone loses no matter the outcome. If the big sports leagues cannot play their seasons and have a Championship then I don't see why MU should feel they are exempt. Their season should also be suspended and anything short of that is an attempt to restrict my religious freedom and first amendment rights and will not stand!

So vote for me and let's burn a corner of the internet!!!

Gee I wish you posted this sooner.  I already made an account over there and since no one else responded I made myself the rep.  You can be the Substitute if I have to drop out.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2020, 02:24:13 AM »
Lol. Why does everyone take me seriously all the time?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2020, 02:25:48 AM »
Lol. Why does everyone take me seriously all the time?
Maybe I am projecting my seriousness to you. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2020, 02:27:31 AM »
In any case if someone wants to host a game I am for it.   I know I am going to be busy in the interim so it will be difficult to host a game. If someone wants to jump ahead go ahead.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2020, 09:41:17 AM »
Oh... You made an account over there? I made four. I represent four different non-existent communities, and plan to cheat my way to mafia stardom.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2020, 10:25:27 AM »
Good idea! I'll make 8! The final will pretty much be just me and you playing each other!