Author Topic: Are the X-Box or PS2's really so superior?  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Are the X-Box or PS2's really so superior?
« on: June 17, 2003, 07:24:43 PM »
What makes people think that the X-BOX or PS2 are so superior to the Gamecube.  If its the DVD playr that does all the difference, its still a rip off.  I got the gamecube and a DVD for cheaper then an X-BOX or PS2.  Is there anything else that makes a difference.

Offline Big_Pimp

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 07:30:06 PM »
I dont think that they are superior, its just all the hype they been receiving.  The casual gamers just want to "go with the flow" and get what they consider to be "mature" and "better".  But the belief of Nintendo being a kiddie company only adds to the belief of supperiority of the X-Box and the PS2.  Dont get me wrong, they're very good systems and all but they have their pros and cons.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 07:30:16 PM »
If youre in hear would you please reply to the other similar topic i made.  I accidentally made 2.  

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 07:31:26 PM »
If youre in hear would you please reply to the other similar topic i made.  I accidentally made 2.  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Are the X-Box or PS2's really so superior?
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 10:49:53 PM »
true gamers chose them because they satisfy their gameing needs, casual gamers get the ps2 because everyone else does, xbawx isn't that much more popular than GCN so they are pretty much the same

Xbawx is technilogically superior of the 3 consoles, but unless its implemented correctly you can get PS2 games looking better.

all in all people chose the variying consoles for various reasons. theres no hardline rules defineing why people buy things.

Offline Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 10:52:19 PM »
Here in finland Xbox is cheaper than GC. XBOx 209€ and GC 219€

I still wont buy the damn thing!

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 11:12:32 PM »
Ps2 = Hype.  Never before has a system been so undeserving of the top spot in retail sales.  Underpowered, poorly constructed and plagued with endless sequels and look-alike games.  Heck this thing even scratches discs when it's in the upright position.  Not to mention all those disc read errors you've heard about.

Yet, with all my complaints, I still own one.  Why?  First I'm a hardcore nut, but second, and most importantly, there is always that one game you can't play elsewhere.  For me it was GTA3/GTA:VC.  However, with Rockstar ending it's exclusivity deal w/ sony, and no hopes for future, unique titles.  I doubt very much that I will own a PS3.  You can count me as yet another victim of the Ps2 hype machine.  (I slept in front of a store all night to get mine, never gonna do that again)

X-box is a decent machine, highly underated.  Still it barely has any playable games.  Also, now with long delays on both Halo2 and Half Life2, the problem grows worse.  Plus Microsoft still has to deal with that whole "losing over a billion dollars on the console since launch thing."  Even for M$, thats a lot of dough.

In the end I have gotten tons of use out of my GameCube, and for not a lot of money.  Many great games are cheap and there are tons of fantastic titles available.  I think gamers are starting to see the light as well.  Many people are starting to wake up from the Ps2 fog.
"I am not a number, I am a free man"    "$ony=Atari Circa 1984"

Got a Defective ps2?  Go here: http://www.sheller.com/sonyPS2classaction.html

Offline BrianSLA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2003, 11:18:11 PM »
The PS2 isn't a technically superior machine than GameCube BUT the Xbox is in fact technically superior than Gamecube.  

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2003, 11:26:36 PM »
He accidentally posted this twice folks.  Move to the active topic in Other Systems.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2003, 11:56:09 AM »

Yet, with all my complaints, I still own one. Why? First I'm a hardcore nut, but second, and most importantly, there is always that one game you can't play elsewhere. For me it was GTA3/GTA:VC. However, with Rockstar ending it's exclusivity deal w/ sony, and no hopes for future, unique titles. I doubt very much that I will own a PS3. You can count me as yet another victim of the Ps2 hype machine. (I slept in front of a store all night to get mine, never gonna do that again)

wait a sec...gta wasn't a ps2 launch title....  something's amiss....  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!