Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674300 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto
« Reply #2900 on: July 14, 2022, 09:49:51 PM »
Well, so much for the Jazz possibly trading for Deandre Ayton. -_-

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34242899/phoenix-suns-deandre-ayton-signing-4-year-131m-maximum-contract-offer-sheet-indiana-pacers-agents-say

And the Suns matched it, so they may do a Sign and Trade with the Pacers.... unless the Jazz want to or can even afford to hop in that money pit too?

No way. Ayton isn't worth that max salary, and we just got rid of a max salary player who was dragging down the team.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: July 14, 2022, 10:07:43 PM »
I actually just read that Ayton can't be traded until January 15th, and can't be shipped to the Pacers till next season.
So I guess it's time for the Suns to try an run it back. Time to set a new regular season record for the franchise!!!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 10:10:07 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2902 on: July 16, 2022, 03:00:50 AM »
Well, so much for the Jazz possibly trading for Deandre Ayton. -_-

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34242899/phoenix-suns-deandre-ayton-signing-4-year-131m-maximum-contract-offer-sheet-indiana-pacers-agents-say

And the Suns matched it, so they may do a Sign and Trade with the Pacers.... unless the Jazz want to or can even afford to hop in that money pit too?

The Pacers can't trade for Ayton for a year.  Ayton also can't be traded till Jan 15th to any  other team and he also has veto power because the Suns matched the Pacers offer.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: September 01, 2022, 04:30:49 PM »
Well, there it is. We traded Mitchell for garbage, Collin Sexton, and picks Danny Ainge seems to have no intention of using. Let the tank begin.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34502825/sources-cleveland-cavaliers-trade-3-first-round-picks-two-swaps-utah-jazz-star-donovan-mitchell
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 04:47:18 PM by broodwars »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: September 21, 2022, 12:56:43 AM »
Me rooting for Pat Bev:

Saw a rumor that the Suns are trying to trade Jae Crowder for Bojan Bogdanović. Resident Jazz fan, thoughts?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: September 21, 2022, 02:44:47 AM »
Me rooting for Pat Bev:

Saw a rumor that the Suns are trying to trade Jae Crowder for Bojan Bogdanović. Resident Jazz fan, thoughts?

That's an upgrade for the Suns, though not a huge one. You're trading a guy who will fight in the paint for rebounds and can shoot a 3 for a guy who can drive to the basket and hit a 3 better but has way less energy. Crowder's a guy I wished we could have kept around the last few years since we really needed a high energy guy who will fight in the paint (a "junkyard dog", if you will). I'm not sure you want to give that energy up just for a guy who has better stats. Still, Bogey would probably get the ball more as a Sun than he ever got as a Jazzman.

Offline rosajones

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Best Nursing Homework Help for Online
« Reply #2906 on: September 22, 2022, 02:55:40 AM »
We are providing best Nursing Homework Help Service to you for Your Business. We have experts who will provide you with the best services with guaranteed satisfaction.

Visit : https://www.bookmyessay.com/nursing-assignment/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 02:57:19 AM by rosajones »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: September 22, 2022, 04:58:44 PM »
The Jazz have traded Bogey to Detroit in exchange for trash, inexplicably. Sounds like a salary dump.

https://www.slcdunk.com/2022/9/22/23367270/utah-jazz-trade-bojan-bogdanovic-to-the-pistons-for-kelly-olynyk-and-saben-lee

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2908 on: September 23, 2022, 04:32:59 PM »
Celtics Coach Suspended for 1 Year

If anyone hasn't been following, Woj tweeted that Ime Udoka was facing a suspension for some unknown reason. It was later revealed that he had a consensual relationship with a female employee who has not been named. Early reports said his job status was not in jeopardy. He's confirmed to be suspended for one year after the Celtics completed a months-long investigation. He is currently engaged to actress Nia Long.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: November 01, 2022, 07:00:17 PM »
I've had a particularly busy work week so far so I just now checked some NBA news. Turns out the Nets:

-Still haven't done anything about Kyrie-being-Kyrie®, now with a Salt Bae sprinkle of anti-semitism, apparently
-"Mutually parted ways with Steve Nash"
-*adjusts glasses* Hired Ime Udoka

On that last bit, there was a perfectly good and capable Quin Snyder like right there yet Tsai and Marks picked one of the most controversial figures from the off-season to coach this team. Good coach, sure, but y'all really want to do this right now with everything else going on? To be fair, I can imagine Snyder looking at that dumpster fire and just:

« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 07:22:13 PM by Adrock »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: November 02, 2022, 06:58:02 PM »
I really don't get the Nets firing Steve Nash. It certainly wasn't his fault that Durant's custom-made Superteam bombed. Durant was constantly injured; Harden was out of shape; and Irving/Simmons were useless. And replacing him with the guy fired from the Celtics for having an affair with the staff (and who knows what else)? Yeah...yikes.

Incidentally, the Jazz are doing surprisingly well so far, though I'm curious how long this honeymoon period is going to last. It's increasingly looking like we got a real steal out of the Gobert trade, since he's been next to useless on their team. Meanwhile, Malik Beasley, PWalker Kessler, and Jarred Vanderbil have been huge for us. It's looking so far like we might have broken even on the Mitchell trade, as Collin Sexton and Lauri Markkanen have been outstanding so far.

Still not a fan of that Bogdanovic trade, despite how well Kelly Olynyk has played so far. That still feels like a trade Ainge made because he owed someone in Detroit's head office a favor.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 07:23:21 PM by broodwars »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2911 on: November 02, 2022, 07:38:28 PM »
Looks like Russ is playing well off the bench.

In two games he has been the engine off the bench and setting up others.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: November 07, 2022, 12:14:27 PM »
Nets.... Kyrie and self-sabotage... Coaching Drama Nash Fired - Ime Udoka to be hired!?

I don't really know what Kyrie is thinking, but he just cost himself a stupid amount of money for "truth" as he'd like to put it. I don't know the facts behind what was said, and what was offensive, as I don't pay no attention to what Kyrie (or Kanye) have to say about anything. BUt either just shut up about it, or apologize and then shut up about it. Dude gonna talk himself out of a lucrative career in the NBA.

As for the Nets and their coaching.... I say **** it. just hire Udoka. Who cares about the blow back. Nets ain't gonna suddenly just get it together, might as well weather the storm and get a coach that could possibly get you there.... or wait till December and hire him? I don't know. Who would be a good fit for them?

Rumor has it that Lakers could be looking to move AD....
Lakers w/ Westbrook of the bench leading the B team, works better (but still broken)?

Saw a tweet about a possible AD on the block.... but who's bailing the Lakers out for an always injured or looks like about to be injured AD? and for what exactly? What would the Lakers wants, and realistically expect to get back for him?

And WB leading the B squad seems to be working out much better for him... but Lebron, having just looked at stats and not really watching the games, has been in a major slump this season. Lakers ain't going no where if Lebron isn't performing at peak. I know he old now... but he is still a presence, and needs to find his shot again.

Today has ALL 30 Teams playing, each game tipping off 15 minutes after the next. (Because Election Day is tomorrow.... also a Blood Moon Eclispse tonight... just a coincidence!? who know)

Not sure if I'm gonna be able to follow all the games tonight. Does NBA TV have a Highlight Zone (like NFL RedZone) where you can be watching one game, but also getting highlights from other games? at some point... I think there will be around 12 games on at the same time... that's a lot to follow

« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 11:45:53 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2913 on: November 08, 2022, 03:10:48 AM »
Kyrie honestly would've been fine had he just apologized and deleted the tweet. Instead, he acted like the biggest ass hat imaginable. So much of that story could've easily been avoided. But at least it somehow led to several people making fun of Royce White on twitter.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: November 08, 2022, 12:50:34 PM »
Curry ain't quite having a Luka season, but this man is literally having to just DO IT HIMSELF.

Warriors bench is just absolute trash....
Wiseman ain't getting it done. that's why he probably didn't play last night.
Poole got paid and...... where the **** did he go? Did he drown in his own poole party?
Kuminga... I still believe in Kumbucket (LOL) but he just gotta get more play time

the bench as a whole was all negative.
If Curry didn't go Super Saiyan, we were gonna lose to the damn Kings....
I dont' care how much the Kings may have improved this season.... we cannot be exerting this much energy to barely beat the Kings this early in the season, and expect to repeat this year.

But at least we got the win.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: November 09, 2022, 08:44:46 PM »
Nets promoted their Asst Coach up to Head Coach, to avoid the Ime Udrama.

Anyone else see the Nets imploding this year?
Simmons refusing to shoot, Kyrie can't stay on the court... and none of it so far is injury related (unless we talking social and financial injury), a Durant... well, I'm sure he could find better support elsewhere.
Is this perhaps the biggest "Super Team" failure in NBA history?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: November 10, 2022, 03:37:36 AM »
Nets promoted their Asst Coach up to Head Coach, to avoid the Ime Udrama.

Anyone else see the Nets imploding this year?
Simmons refusing to shoot, Kyrie can't stay on the court... and none of it so far is injury related (unless we talking social and financial injury), a Durant... well, I'm sure he could find better support elsewhere.
Is this perhaps the biggest "Super Team" failure in NBA history?

Yeah, probably, and I hope it deters future "super teams".

I had to laugh when I looked up who the Nets promoted to head coach: Jacque Vaughn. Now THAT'S a name I haven't heard in a LONG time. A long time.  :P

Impressive win by the Jazz over the Hawks tonight. Gotta say, it's getting increasingly annoying to listen to the commentators online regarding this team. In one breath, they'll praise how entertaining this team is to play, and in the next they'll talk about how all the good players need to be sold off because this team is "too good." Yeah, the Jazz have been stuck in a rut for a long time now, but they were stuck in that rut with crushing salaries and aging players. Can't we just build from here instead of looking for the next way to blow the team up and start over?  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 03:45:24 AM by broodwars »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: November 11, 2022, 02:48:00 PM »
Everyone was expecting them to tank for Wembanyama after trading away their 2 stars.

But they must've grabbed their tank from one of the abandoned ones in Ukraine, because they rolled right into 1st in the West. So if they plan to get back to "tanking" the "right" way they gonna need to get rid of some of these players apparently don't know how to do that. :D

But I say F that... it's hard to find something that clicks, while having a good year, and make it last all season. So ride it out, see where it takes you. Surprise the **** out of all the doubters. Maybe the Jazz mess around and end up in the (conference :P ) Finals

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: November 11, 2022, 07:40:49 PM »
Everyone was expecting them to tank for Wembanyama after trading away their 2 stars.
Including the Jazz. Even if they don't land Wembanyama, the Timberwolves appear to be doing a hell of a job making sure the Jazz will have lottery picks anyway. Sheesh.

Speaking of lottery picks, the Lakers are hilariously terrible and they owe the Pelicans a pick swap this year. They got a championship so it's hard to argue that the AD trade wasn't worth it. Regardless, imagine Victor Wembanyama on the same team as Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram. That frontcourt would be so stupid.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 07:44:54 PM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: November 12, 2022, 12:14:37 AM »
Refs in this Warrior game us BULLSHIT.

So many missed and BS calls, especially in this 4th quarter.
They missed an obvious offensive basket interference on CLE,  and all these terrible calls in the 4th need to stop.

Like the BS tech on Poole. Today shows he did not land in his space. But they missed the 3 where someone was literally on Stephs back.

Hopefully we can pull this off though, despite the refs.

OMG. Now that last foul on Draymond against Mitchell!!!!?
Give me a fucking break. There was NO FOUL. we all looking at the same replay.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 12:28:45 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2920 on: November 14, 2022, 12:56:01 AM »
Oh my goodness we finally got another win against the Nets and it was a team effort.  Lots of taking time setting up and making the right play each time down the court. 

Next game is versus the Pistons on Friday and possible Schroeder, Thomas Bryant and LBJ back then maybe.  See what happens at that time.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: November 17, 2022, 12:40:29 AM »
It's official.... Warriors Defense is BROKEN

Poole is a Home Court Warrior and/or can't play if Klay is on the court

Klay is a shell of his former self

Draymond.... I just assume can't do it by himself, and shows why he would have little value on any other team that didn't involve a prime Splash Bro-like combo

JMG.... bench him please.
DDV.... could be better

Honestly if it wasn't for Wiggins and Looney, Curry was pretty much out there doing it by himself.
Don't look at the Box score and say "well, Klay had 20...." Klay missing so many key shots, it's literally taking us out of games.
Turnovers are out of control.
Rebounds are something we really don't seem to try for... especially on offense, and it would LITERALLY make the whole difference in the game, just from an effort stand point, but just a few 2nd or 3rd chance opportunities could have put us in position to win this game.

It really is a shame that Wiseman seems to be a bust so far, and had to be sent down to the G league for looking lost on the court, slipping screens before even setting them, and just not being where he needed to be at practically any point while he was on the floor.

Curry put on a show tonight though with 50 points in a 13 point loss.
But Curry could've went for 60 or 70, but it don't matter if we can't stop the other team from scoring practically every time they bring the ball down the court.

Kerr needs to fix this mess. We don't have time for all this.
0-7 or 0-8 on the road. ridiculous.

EDIT:
I'm looking at the Box Score, and How the **** is JMG (the dude who should've been benched) have the higherst+/- on the team at +7 and somehow, the man that had almost HALF of the teams points, and the ONLY reason we weren't completely blown tf out, Stephen Wardel Curry, have a -14!!?

that makes no sense to me.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 01:17:49 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: November 24, 2022, 02:43:01 PM »
Dray held a meeting, and held everyone accountable for where they needed to be held accountable.

Klay took it to heart, and stop taking terrible shots and trying to force everything to be something he never was. Now Klay has found his stroke, and is looking like who he used to be.... on offense at least.
Defense is that bad, but not quite the level where he used to be.

Kerr finally appeared to have fixed the lineups, and keeping at least 2 starters on the floor for most of the game is a must. It should've have taken this long to figure that out, but honestly, Klay fixing his bullshit helped bring us to this point. Poole running point w/ 4 other people that don't know the system wasn't working.... and Poole has a other issues to work out, like STOP CARRYING THE BALL for one... but other things as well.

Now if can continue to tighten up on D, and actually try to rebound on offense... or just hang out in where you were standing in the halfcourt, where the ball would've naturally came to you, we can turn this season around and get in playoff position.

Once we work out these kinks.... maybe we'll be ready to bring Wiseman back in for the back 1/3rd of the season so he's Playoff/Play-In ready. LOL
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 02:48:32 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: December 08, 2022, 06:55:47 AM »
So...how about those last 13.3 seconds in last night's Warriors-Jazz game?  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uYpmVapL8Y

I've watched that Clarkson sequence in the last 30 seconds, and I still don't understand what the Flagrant 2 was for. Sure, Technical him up if you want to toss him from the game for trying to start a fight, but I can't see any "unnecessary contact above the shoulders" with him wrapping up a player from behind to stop the clock.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 07:01:36 AM by broodwars »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: December 08, 2022, 12:32:53 PM »
Well... I think it should've maybe been a Flagrant 1.

Warriors get the FT and the ball... F2 was excessive. Wasn't expecting that.
He did kind of aggressively swing his arm against his head in an attempt to wrap him up and kinda yanked him back, and I think that's the part that might've been "excessive"

His squaring up though was funny.

As for that last sequence.... I'm not sure what to say.
Poole was karate chopped and then tackled. and this happened right in front of the Ref, yet no whistle. Even if the chop was all ball, the Olynyk tackle was a loose ball foul.

Regardless of all that, the loss once again came down to Klay and his terrible shot taking (constant 3 hunting and side fading shot selection), terrible shot not making (missing at least 4 layups.... 2 of them barely contested, 1 was fast break), and then the lack of perimeter defense in the end.
He just straight up left his assignment, their 3 point shooter... on the 3 point line, to casually not even challenge the ball at the rim, and leaving their 3pt shooter wide open to bring the Jazz within 1 point.

flip back around to the swallowed whistle at the end and the easy layup, and that was game.

Wiseman back to the G league indefinitely.
Not sure what's so hard about setting a screen, you know, making actual contact with the defender, before slipping the screen to look for a pass in the middle. Had you actually set the screen, the ball handler might've drawn enough attention to get Wiseman open in the middle, but he's just out there going through the motions like a non-contact practice session.
If he don't figure it out soon... and get aggressive about it, we won't see him again. Wasted #2 pick.
we don't have the time to develop him so slowly, so he needs to go to a team like the Pistons, Spurs, Magic, or Rockets so he can play through his learning curve.

On a positive note Kuminga was great!!
He is good on D, he's aggressive on offense, and he should have been starting over Ty Jerome in Draymond's spot.
I actually think Ty Jerome and LaMychal Green both got in before Kuminga, and that just needs to stop.

So I actually put this loss mostly on Klay, but Kerr is the #2 reason for most of these losses with these rotational lineups that should be figured out already.