Author Topic: New Nintendo 3DS Models Announced  (Read 23531 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: New Nintendo 3DS Models Announced
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2014, 10:35:55 PM »
Great discussion going! I wish we could talk about everything with this much attention.

I want this for Smash because of the c sticking like qualities. Though the Wii U version will be out long before this n3DS hits. At the same time I don't plan on just dropping the 3DS version either because I want to be competitive at both. I love the size of the XL but I want the case swaps to show the world my individuality, only it's only available with the smaller model.

I just don't know what to do and I'm on my second XL already with my latest being bought roughly 2 or 3 months ago.

My biggest question to myself though and to you all is what will you do next gen? Do I become an early adopter knowing full well there will be a 2nd, 3rd and possibly 4th revision just a year away from the last? I was with the DS and 3DS but I didn't expect a revision with something I actually really wanted in it. I feel like if I wait and get the 2nd edition the 3rd will be right around the corner. If I get the 1st edition and wait for the 3rd, a true next gen successor will be coming soon after that!

I usually only get the new handhelds for aesthetic reasons. DS was ugly and so was 3DS, now I want this new thing for a second sick(purely for smash) and swappable covers on a size I really don't want. These mutha Fletchers are working me hard.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline brasileiro007

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2014, 02:48:14 PM »
So... like the DSi, is this a sign the new handheld from nintendo is coming 'round in the next couple years? If it is, I want to wait for that.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2014, 04:18:09 PM »
I want this for Smash because of the c sticking like qualities.

I think you might be getting ahead of yourself. I've heard nothing about Smash 3DS being affected by the NEW 3DS or having the capability to use the c-stick for smashing. (Though wouldn't it be funny if that was a big reason why this revision is bing made.) I find it hard to believe that Smash 3DS will come ready to use it in a control scheme when it gets released later after the Smash has already shipped. Has there been any word or statement on the c-stick being usable for Smash?

I love the size of the XL but I want the case swaps to show the world my individuality, only it's only available with the smaller model.

I get this is appealing to some but it means nothing to me. I usually keep things the way they are. It might come from cooking. When I make recipes or eat other cooking, I eat it as created to get a true sense of what it tastes like and how things blend. I've long stopped using condiments to add or change the flavor of things after they've been served. Likewise, I just don't bother with changing and personalizing other things. My computer desktop is just the default desktop. I bought a GBA Micro but it was the Famicom edition so I didn't want to buy any other face plates. I was happy with the look of it the way it was. Thus, I'd buy the XL as I'd want the larger screens and losing the personalizing option doesn't bother me at all.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2014, 05:55:26 PM »
I want this for Smash because of the c sticking like qualities.

I think you might be getting ahead of yourself. I've heard nothing about Smash 3DS being affected by the NEW 3DS or having the capability to use the c-stick for smashing. (Though wouldn't it be funny if that was a big reason why this revision is bing made.) I find it hard to believe that Smash 3DS will come ready to use it in a control scheme when it gets released later after the Smash has already shipped. Has there been any word or statement on the c-stick being usable for Smash?

I love the size of the XL but I want the case swaps to show the world my individuality, only it's only available with the smaller model.

I get this is appealing to some but it means nothing to me. I usually keep things the way they are. It might come from cooking. When I make recipes or eat other cooking, I eat it as created to get a true sense of what it tastes like and how things blend. I've long stopped using condiments to add or change the flavor of things after they've been served. Likewise, I just don't bother with changing and personalizing other things. My computer desktop is just the default desktop. I bought a GBA Micro but it was the Famicom edition so I didn't want to buy any other face plates. I was happy with the look of it the way it was. Thus, I'd buy the XL as I'd want the larger screens and losing the personalizing option doesn't bother me at all.

Well I am not sure but isn't this New 3DS launching in Japan before Smash Bros. releases?
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2014, 06:19:35 PM »
The New 3DS is launching on October 11th in Japan, and it was confirmed by Nintendo that the 3DS Smash Brothers will use the C-Stick of the New models for smash attacks, similar to how it worked on the GameCube controller in Melee/Brawl.

« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2014, 07:29:04 PM »
so that means if you buy the NEW 3DS and Smash you will have a game play advantage over those who don't? If that is right there is your incentive to upgrade right there.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2014, 07:47:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure that means you can use the CPP for the "c-stick".

« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2014, 09:10:42 PM »
well I am not sure what CPP is supposed to be short for, is that an acronym from the game I am not aware of?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2014, 01:06:10 AM »
CPP is the circle pad pro. It is about $20 and Smash 3DS has been confirmed to use it. They sell them for regular and XL systems.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2014, 10:53:16 PM »
I would like to get the the white on but in 3DS XL.  ;D