Author Topic: This Week in Europe Downloads - September 29, 2011  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Daan

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
This Week in Europe Downloads - September 29, 2011
« on: September 26, 2011, 01:38:04 PM »

Zelda and Mario classics plus a new game from Nnooo in this week's downloads.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27940

European gamers can look forward to three new games on the various Nintendo download services.

3DS owners can look forward to downloading Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. In this Game Boy classic from 1993, players control Mario through themed platforming levels to defeat enemies and collect the six golden coins to get his castle back from the evil Wario. With this being one of the finest Game Boy offerings, new and old Mario fans should be very pleased with this particular title. The game sets you back €4,00.

Zelda fans on other hand should look already on their handheld of choice this wednesday as The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition hits DSiWare as a free downloadable game. This Game Boy Advance classic has been totally revamped with updated visuals, brand new levels, wireless functions and for the very first time a single player option.

After so much Nintendo awesomeness, you should also take a look at the WiiWare game escapeVektor Chapter 1 from Nnooo. In this retro-themed title you need to help Vektor escape from the clutches of your Wii's C.P.U. Take on the 30 stages in a gameplay style that will remind you a lot of games like Qix, Pac-Man and much more. We should have a review for this title when it launches this Thursday. escapeVektor Chapter 1 will cost you 500 Points.

Offline TalesOfFan

• "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: This Week in Europe Downloads - September 29, 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 04:44:38 PM »
Super Mario Land 2 was the first game I ever owned aside from a few cheap LCD games. And though I still have the cart, having the game on the 3DS would be great! I hope this download list will also hold true for North America.
James Dawson
Staff Writer, Nintendo World Report

Offline KITT 10K

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 05:23:20 PM »
Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins is coming finally?! SWEET!!! That was and still is one of mythose favorite games of all time, (not just for the original Gameboy either). I can't wait for it!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 05:24:07 PM »
Super Mario Land 2 is one of the best Game Boy games around, so anyone interested in old Game Boy titles should check it out.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 08:06:58 PM »
Just imagine if NOA just hits the megaton button and releases Mario Land 2, Metroid 2, and Zelda four swords free on Thursday. The internet will rejoice, Do it Nintendo.

Offline yoshi1001

• View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 10:27:24 PM »
Thanks to the save state feature, I can now beat SML2 for the second time (SML2 isn't generally worth beating-the ending in no way compensates for the overly long and difficult final stage).
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 12:21:25 AM »
Darn.  If I had known this was coming, I wouldn't have downloaded Mega Man last week.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 10:48:24 AM »
Holy Carp, Nintendo platform dowload game awesomeness recently. MotoHeroz, and Esacpethingy on WiiWare (WiiWare!!?? I know, right?) and Metroid II and MarioLand 2 and zingyfied Zelda coming soon on 3DS e-shop. I may have to splurge.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 11:28:58 AM »
SML2 is a great game. Playing through again recently I was surprised at how short it was... but the price and convenience of a Virtual Console release will make it very tempting to re-buy.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Tansunn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 02:05:29 PM »
I see an asterisk after "limited time" in the part about Four Sword Anniversary Edition, but there's no footnote to go with it.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 05:21:23 PM »
Just imagine if NOA just hits the megaton button and releases Mario Land 2, Metroid 2, and Zelda four swords free on Thursday. The internet will rejoice, Do it Nintendo.
No.  You will get Ponies and like it.  That might attract customers and who wants that?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 05:27:39 PM »
I see an asterisk after "limited time" in the part about Four Sword Anniversary Edition, but there's no footnote to go with it.
Added in. It got cropped off because it was part of the "Note to Editors" section of the press release.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline delebreaub

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • StreetPass WI
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »

No, you thought of it wrong, NOA says that they are releasing Four Swords on Wednesday the 28th (the day it launches everywhere). Then they will be clear to release Mario Land 2 and Metroid 2 on Thursday.