Author Topic: Nintendo Video  (Read 15634 times)

Offline Tansunn

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Video
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 03:44:14 PM »
The eShop already has game trailers.  That's not what Nintendo Video is for.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 06:17:55 PM »
It does beg the question, what is it for? Why don't they have all of that integrated in one experience? It's even worse in Japan where they have two different video channels on top of the store videos.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 10:00:58 PM »
Nintendo Video is...

Offline Tansunn

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 12:23:27 AM »
As far as I can tell, Nintendo Video is a novelty for wasting time.  And not a very good one.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 11:44:38 AM »
The Blue Man Group video could have been interesting but the 3D was terrible compared to all the College Humor Videos.  Plus do we really still need the Nintendo Video Is video.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline zachs1997

• Mr. Yuk Is Mean! Mr. Yuk is Green!
  • Score: -47
    • View Profile
    • zachworlds
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 11:55:39 AM »
 Nintendo video is...
crap
Stupid
Idiotic
Wast of time (Duh)

When new crap comes out
The old ones go away
If I had a dollar for ever time I have heard that. Because a dollar is worth more than a nickle.
Zachworlds.enjin.com

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 12:00:09 PM »
The Blue Man Group video could have been interesting but the 3D was terrible compared to all the College Humor Videos.  Plus do we really still need the Nintendo Video Is video.

Was it really in 3D? I kept moving the slider around, but couldn't see any difference at all between having the 3D effects on or off.

I'm not sure what Nintendo Video is, but I know that it isn't a good showcase for the 3D screens or funny/interesting enough to be worth watching without special effects. The only reason I put the application back on my 3DS was to give Nintendo Video a 1-star rating in the eShop. Hopefully Nintendo does something with the feedback they receive.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 12:04:47 PM »

Was it really in 3D? I kept moving the slider around, but couldn't see any difference at all between having the 3D effects on or off.

I'm not sure what Nintendo Video is, but I know that it isn't a good showcase for the 3D screens or funny/interesting enough to be worth watching without special effects. The only reason I put the application back on my 3DS was to give Nintendo Video a 1-star rating in the eShop. Hopefully Nintendo does something with the feedback they receive.
When they flick the 'Upgrade' Switch its suppose to be 3D at that point.  Which it slightly does. Key word Slightly and you have to be looking specifically to see if it was doing anything.  Good concept, terrible execution.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »
The effect must be too subtle for me then. I wondered if that was what their intent would be after seeing the Upgrade switch, but couldn't notice a meaningful difference.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »
The effect must be too subtle for me then. I wondered if that was what their intent would be after seeing the Upgrade switch, but couldn't notice a meaningful difference.
Consider how Loud and Large the  Blue-man group tends to like to be I figure they want it super obvious.

Offline Tansunn

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 06:44:41 PM »
Yeah, the Blue Man Group's video wasn't done very well either.  On the beach scene, there were elements of the background that appeared to be in front of one of the blue men in terms of stereoscopic depth, even though spatially it should have been behind him. 

It was strange because if I angled the system so that each eye saw what the other eye was supposed to see, that part looked just fine.  However, if I looked at the system straight-on, the blue men had proper stereoscopic depth in relation to each other. 

It's weird how they're handling the stereoscopic depth in the videos, too.  I assume they're keeping the effect subtle so it doesn't make people's eyes hurt to look at it, especially since the 3D slider can't be used on pre-rendered video, but keeping it so subtle feels like it defeats the purpose of having it in 3D in the first place.  Plus it hurts my eyes more to see background elements that appear to be closer than objects that are in front of them than it does to view a more pronounced 3D effect.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »
Well, at least they got rid of that dumb Nintendo Video Is... video, but all they replaced it with was an old video (Dinosaur Office).
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2011, 12:25:58 AM »
It's worse down here in NZ. The only video worth watching are the magic tricks. The awful a-OK videos have been there for well over a month and the cartoon we get is this terribly unfunny Oscar's Asis (Asses, Actually it is Oasis, but the horrible title with one "O" for both words makes it look like it's missing an "O") about some asshole lizard in a desert doing assbuger things to some folks minding their own business.

They seriously need to revamp this into something a little more youtube like instead of whatever this is.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Pajamas

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 11:30:31 PM »
So it seems that Nintendo is just recycling all the old videos on the service now. Have they seriously run out of new content already? Sheesh. Not that I thought it was worth a crap anyway.
3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-2317

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011, 12:28:14 AM »
Nintendo should just send me a nice 3D camera and a tripod. I could easily throw things at it while watching TV. That'd be good use of the 3D technology.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Tansunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 01:33:42 AM »
A new Red Bull BC One video showed up in Nintendo Video today, and the 3D effect seemed off again.  I started pausing it numerous times to see if I could notice anything that might indicate it was a pseudo-3D effect added in post-production when I noticed something - it seems like the two cameras aren't capturing frames at the same time.  There's one frame around the 49 second mark where you see a flash of light on the right side of the screen.  If you view the frame with your left eye (or with the 3D slider off) you can see the light reflected on the floor.  However, if you view it with your right eye, you see the source of the flash on the top half of the screen.  Later, around the 55 second mark, there's another frame where the performer is...  I have no idea, but it's like a handspring only he's landing on his entire forearm, and his feet look like they're slightly ahead when viewed with the right eye. 

The lesson here is, if you're going to film fast action in 3D, make sure the cameras are in sync or it looks wonky.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 08:29:41 AM »
the 3-D Machine short was cute and a nice showcase for some of the 3D effects. Probably my favorite video so far, although that isn't saying much given the competition.

If they push good video then this could be a cool service. Unfortunately, this is only the second really memorable video I've seen. At this point I'm not interested in watching new videos unless I hear from trusted sources that something is worth viewing before going in.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2011, 06:05:36 PM »
the 3-D Machine short was cute and a nice showcase for some of the 3D effects. Probably my favorite video so far, although that isn't saying much given the competition.

So yeah... I really liked The 3D Machine. Not sure I need it on two of the four available video slots though. Anyone else find that like poor management? Or do people not all see the same videos maybe?

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2011, 12:52:46 PM »
I liked Dinosaur Office. I have not like the Blue Man Group videos or that music video from some guy I have never heard of.
I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2011, 09:23:19 PM »
The Legend of Zelda Main Theme Medley video is the most amazing thing to be on Nintendo Video Ever. Even the sound is good. I wish Nintendo would have done this type of video from the start. Watch it before they take it down and it's never seen ever again!
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 04:43:05 AM »
Damn, now I understand why that Zelda concert was so good. If one pops up here in New Zealand with that same level of quality, I am sold.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2011, 01:36:19 AM »
Okay, call me crazy....but one of the things my daughter loves about my 3DS is watching Nintendo Video, especially Dinosaur Office, which cracks her up like nothing else...so I was watching it with her today and I noticed...is it me, or has the picture quality improved LOADS?  Is this because of that update we had last month?  Because the video quality is incredibly good now....no artifacting period, smooth, colorful, vibrant.  I also checked out the music video claymation thing and the helicopter video...they look great!

[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2011, 01:46:27 AM »
DINOSAUR OFFICE RAWR!

Love it.  It's just so... right.

I wish they'd fix their sound issues though.  Is it just me, or does the sound level of video files need some improvement?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »
I deleted Nintendo Video a week after getting my 3DS. Have I missed anything?

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2011, 07:32:03 PM »
I deleted Nintendo Video a week after getting my 3DS. Have I missed anything?

Zelda Concert videos and Dinosaur Office. Raaaaawwwwwwrrrrrrr!
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics