Author Topic: 3DS Now an Option for Cult County  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Aaron Brown

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
3DS Now an Option for Cult County
« on: April 23, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »

The in-progress Kickstarter game will come to 3DS, too, in addition to six other platforms.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37219/3ds-now-an-option-for-cult-county

Cult County is coming to 3DS if their Kickstarter is funded, developer Renegade Kid confirmed in a recent Kickstarter update.

After a load of retweets and favorites of the tweet below, the 3DS will be available to choose as your platform of choice, so long as the minimum goal of $580,000 is reached.

The update also confirmed that extra game copies are obtainable by adding $20 to the pledge amount.

Currently, the campaign has eight days left and has yet to reach the goal.

Aaron R. Brown
Previews Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS Now an Option for Cult County
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 04:47:46 PM »
The campaign has only reached 7% of their target with just 8 days to go. That's brutal. Bunch of people walking around with Kickstarter money whose games will never see the light of day and these guys who have a proven track record can't even get a whiff of it.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 05:43:37 PM »
The game really doesn't look that appealing. If it was from a less known developer, it wouldn't be getting any attention, I think. Cult County does nothing that refreshing, but then again I'm not the best source of info on the game, so I may be speaking out of ignorance. If I am, I apologize!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 06:03:23 PM »
I would like to play the game, and I have a lot of respect for Renegade Kid, but I think Kickstarters are getting harder.

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 07:01:35 PM »
It kinda sucks that it's so rare to fund a Kickstarter game that aren't retro 2D platformer and RPGs.  I know other types DO get funded but they seem few and far between to me.
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 12:04:12 AM »
While I respected Renegade Kid quite a bit post-Mutant Mudds and going over the history of their products, I think being as niche an indie developer as they are and posting the ridiculous target funding was the nail in the coffin for them. People don't want to back a high-profile indie game, they want to back a cheap and easy indie game that makes them feel like they're a part of the development process, and what Renegade Kid is hoping to achieve with this Kickstarter is the exact opposite of that.

I really respected them for their bite-sized approach to gaming on handhelds and the satisfying content they delivered in those titles. I'm not sure if I trust them to "grow-up" to home-console development and I can't even imagine that happening with a budget like this. I mean, I was honestly surprised that the Shantae Kickstarter happened, but that was because Wayforward has an extensive fanbase and pedigree.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.