Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Xbox original

(1/6) > >>

supermario2k:
I finally broke down and picked up an original Xbox. I grabbed a few games, well a ton of games really.
I am curious if anyone who is familiar with the system could answer some questions.

Is it normal for the console to be picky about reading discs? I tested several games but two I have do not work on it period. Fable and Ninja Gaiden Black, they both worked and were tested fine at the game store, I took them back when they didn't work and the discs look amazing no smudges or scratches.

Also does it have to remain plugged in at all times to keep the clock and date settings? I have everything plugged into a power strip that I turn to the off setting when I leave the house or go to bed, I am starting to wonder if that is the reason why the console loses the date and time settings or if there is something else wrong with it.

Does it make a difference? For power bill reasons I am not moving it to a different strip so unless there are games that require, or use the feature meaningfully I should be fine just selecting the default its kind of like a trip back in time so not a major issue.

Anyone who has experience with it wants to share any cool tips or secrets or talk about games please feel free to reply. Thanks.

azeke:
I have several Xbox original games (Mercenaries, Burnout 3, Ninja Gaiden Black, Spiderman 2), but i play them on 360.

--- Quote from: supermario2k on October 07, 2016, 10:51:45 AM ---Also does it have to remain plugged in at all times to keep the clock and date settings?
--- End quote ---
Look up if xbox has a battery to keep current time information. Maybe you need to replace it.

rygar:
When I owned an Xbox, renting games was a real crap shoot. Lots of discs wouldn't play despite working in the rental store or not having any visible damage to them. The small discount on used games never was worth the hassle of them frequently not working.

Did you pick up Morrowind?

Mop it up:
I liked Fuzion Frenzy best, but that's a party game so it isn't for everyone.

lolmonade:

--- Quote from: Mop it up on October 07, 2016, 04:08:54 PM ---I liked Fuzion Frenzy best, but that's a party game so it isn't for everyone.

--- End quote ---

I second Fusion Frenzy. 

My friend owned the xbox, so I can only go based off the snippets of gameplay I got when hanging out with friends there:

Cel Damage was a fun multiplayer game too, although I think that's available on newer platforms now, too.

Original Dead or Alive Beach Voleyball wasn't quite as breast-tastic as it currently is (was still bad), BUT i remember there being a competent arcade volleyball game buried underneath it.

Dead or alive 3 was OK.

Burnout series is great.

If you have a newer Xbox, I'd suggest just getting a newer version of the Halo games on those systems.

If you want a mediocre squad shooter, Brute Force is for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version