Poll

What device do you use most to Netflix? (choose all that apply)

Game Console
22 (42.3%)
Smart Box (AppleTV, Roku, Blu-Ray player)
10 (19.2%)
Smart Phone/Tablet (& Chromecast)
8 (15.4%)
Smart TV
3 (5.8%)
Computer/HTPC
9 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: All Things Netflix! Coming Soon: The Netflix Experience, Live and In Person!??  (Read 321810 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Netflix! Thread of Recommendations and Request
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 07:43:55 PM »
How can The Thing have a sequel though?

Doesn't MacReady blow Childs away with a flamethrower at the end? Even though we don't actually see Childs die, MacReady giving Childs  some booze and him taking a swig of it without any concern of MacReady being The Thing proves that Childs is. MacReady acknowledged that and I'm sure he torched his ass.

I just assumed the two of them drank together and froze to death.  But one of the cool things about this film is the ambiguity of the ending.

I think the new Thing film demonstrates what's wrong with Hollywood these days.  John Carpenter's Thing is almost 30 years old and the special effects are totally believable.  The effects in the commercials for the new film look like totally fake CG.  Shouldn't filmmaking techniques IMPROVE over time?  The special effects from any decently budgetted film from 1981 just kills the **** out of any 1951 film and yet 2011 films consistently look faker than 1981 films.  That would be like if videogame graphics went from today's graphics to N64 level graphics.  It doesn't make sense.  You don't go backwards!

Even with films that have CG I often find older films look better.  Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park were both groundbreaking films in regards to CG and yet when I look at those films most of the effects are more believable than what I see now.  If I made a big budget film today I would want my special effects shots to look as good as The Thing's.  Would that even be possible?  Didn't they use stop motion?  Does anyone in Hollywood know how to do that anymore?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 07:53:31 PM »
People still do stop action and some movie make it a point to use CG as little as possible, Green Hornet, but, the fact is that CG is now much cheaper.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 10:28:37 PM »
How can The Thing have a sequel though?

Doesn't MacReady blow Childs away with a flamethrower at the end? Even though we don't actually see Childs die, MacReady giving Childs  some booze and him taking a swig of it without any concern of MacReady being The Thing proves that Childs is. MacReady acknowledged that and I'm sure he torched his ass.

I just assumed the two of them drank together and froze to death.  But one of the cool things about this film is the ambiguity of the ending.

I think the new Thing film demonstrates what's wrong with Hollywood these days.  John Carpenter's Thing is almost 30 years old and the special effects are totally believable.  The effects in the commercials for the new film look like totally fake CG.  Shouldn't filmmaking techniques IMPROVE over time?  The special effects from any decently budgetted film from 1981 just kills the **** out of any 1951 film and yet 2011 films consistently look faker than 1981 films.  That would be like if videogame graphics went from today's graphics to N64 level graphics.  It doesn't make sense.  You don't go backwards!

Even with films that have CG I often find older films look better.  Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park were both groundbreaking films in regards to CG and yet when I look at those films most of the effects are more believable than what I see now.  If I made a big budget film today I would want my special effects shots to look as good as The Thing's.  Would that even be possible?  Didn't they use stop motion?  Does anyone in Hollywood know how to do that anymore?

But just another nod to how great this film is, in the beginning MacReady dowses his computer with booze after losing to it at chess. You can say the whole movie is that metaphor. MacReady is playing chess against The Thing and to say the least, MacReady loses. However, him giving Childs the booze is symbolic of that moment he dowses the computer and it frying itself. MacReady watches as Childs puts that bottle to his lips and he acknowledges it. That's when he knows he's actually won. The only other thing that could happen next is him frying the **** out of Childs.

As for your point of CGI, I agree to a point. I hate how easy movies are to make with CGI now (Any superhero movie except Batman), but I also love that (Paranormal Activity). I also hate how fake it looks sometimes (Green Lantern), but I love when they get it right (Avatar).

There is definitely more to go, but if this year has taught us anything, its that a god damn dirty ape can act better than a person.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:32:55 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Netflix UK
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2011, 10:04:32 PM »
Netflix is coming to the UK
Quote from: PR
Netflix to Launch Service in the UK and Ireland for Streaming Movies and TV Shows in Early 2012

LOS GATOS, Calif., Oct. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Netflix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NFLX), the leading global Internet movie subscription service, today announced it will expand to the United Kingdom andIreland in early 2012, offering unlimited TV shows and movies streaming instantly over the Internet to TVs and computers for one low monthly subscription price.

Upon launch, Netflix members from the UK and Ireland will be able to instantly watch a wide array of TV shows and movies right on their TVs via a range of consumer electronics devices capable of streaming from Netflix, as well as on PCs, Macs and mobile tablets and phones. Further details about the service, including pricing, content and supported devices, will be announced closer to launch.

Netflix has been streaming to U.S. members since 2007, adding Canada in 2010 and 43 countries in Latin America and theCaribbean in September 2011. Netflix has revolutionized entertainment across the Americas by giving its members a huge selection of movies and TV shows to enjoy when and where they want.

People interested in becoming members of Netflix in the UK or Ireland can go to www.netflix.com to sign up to receive an email alert letting them know when Netflix has launched in their country.

I guess it's never too late. and hopefully this means that we will get more European shows on the service.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2011, 10:12:56 PM »
They wanted to split before Europe.  That makes sense.  How they went about it was totally wrong. 

Split then Price Change would have been better.

*shrug*  I hope Europe doesn't expect Discs.  That ain't going to happen it be to much.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2011, 11:12:47 PM »
They wanted to split before Europe.  That makes sense.  How they went about it was totally wrong.

that's what I said
The websites should stay somewhat integrated. Ratings on one site should carry over to the other and Netflix and Qwikster can be separated like tabs within the main website. Click on the Netflix tab and you are searching through streaming options, Qwikster tab and you have all your disc options. 2 sites graphed together yet separate.
They should also keep the billing as one thing too, but I'm sure there is a business reason for that too.

I understand sorta why they are separating them, Netflix the streaming service is attempting to go world wide with service already expanded to Canada & Latin America and attempting to hit Europe at some point soon too. Splitting the business streamlines the amount of content they have to maintain.

Split then Price Change would have been better.

*shrug*  I hope Europe doesn't expect Discs.  That ain't going to happen it be to much.

I doubt Europe will hvae disc as that's why they wanted to splt it business, to avoid confusion with people looking for disc rentals too. That way they can focus on the streaming content outside of the U.S. and not have to worry about disc at all. If they later decide to bring what would have been Qwickster to other markets, then they could do that without any confusion as to what the service is.

Personally, I think the whole thing was a mistake and keeping the regional sites updated is the best and easiest way to go. No one in foreign markets will be confused about disc, and if Netflix was smart (especially with EU), they would making disc through mail a reality in other markets too assuming they can strike a deal with European Postal Services like they did in the U.S.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2011, 04:38:39 AM »
Netflix is coming to the UK
Quote from: PR
Netflix to Launch Service in the UK and Ireland for Streaming Movies and TV Shows in Early 2012

LOS GATOS, Calif., Oct. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Netflix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NFLX), the leading global Internet movie subscription service, today announced it will expand to the United Kingdom andIreland in early 2012, offering unlimited TV shows and movies streaming instantly over the Internet to TVs and computers for one low monthly subscription price.

Upon launch, Netflix members from the UK and Ireland will be able to instantly watch a wide array of TV shows and movies right on their TVs via a range of consumer electronics devices capable of streaming from Netflix, as well as on PCs, Macs and mobile tablets and phones. Further details about the service, including pricing, content and supported devices, will be announced closer to launch.

Netflix has been streaming to U.S. members since 2007, adding Canada in 2010 and 43 countries in Latin America and theCaribbean in September 2011. Netflix has revolutionized entertainment across the Americas by giving its members a huge selection of movies and TV shows to enjoy when and where they want.

People interested in becoming members of Netflix in the UK or Ireland can go to www.netflix.com to sign up to receive an email alert letting them know when Netflix has launched in their country.

I guess it's never too late. and hopefully this means that we will get more European shows on the service.

I'm glad it's coming to the UK. Although, Netflix is going to have a hard time breaking in past Lovefilm. It's still cheaper me using a VPN (which has multiple uses) plus paying the $10/month (it converts to £6/month or so?) for Netflix. I'm not actually going down the VPN/Netflix route but i am heavily considering it though..

Plus a lot of Lovefilm's streams have been below-HD, so i'd only consider a switch if they either beat them on price, content or quality.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:01:51 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
I heard Lovefilm sux

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2011, 08:09:12 AM »
For me, I love movies and the streaming service doesn't get them until months/years after they are available so I guess I'm going with Qwickster but at the same time I use the streaming service for animes/family titles.

Still breaking up the company seems like an odd move, reminds me of the auto industry.  Back in the 90's the rave for SUVs caused all the Big Three to turn a blind eye as the forgien companies grabbed shares of the car industry, now 11 years later they dominate the sales because the Big Three looked at short term profits over longterm.

Still I'm pretty damn happy with Netflix and they can basically charge me double for all the stuff that I watch.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2011, 05:02:40 AM »
I heard Lovefilm sux

But Lovefilm is owned by Amazon now. Lovefilm is pretty decent. £10 for unlimited streaming which includes TV and PS3.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2011, 06:22:20 AM »
ymeegod, quickster was canceled.

And goddamnit, the special effects weren't in the Thing that bad, people need to focus on the story and the characterization. No special effects ever hold up anyway, so many movie watchers are negative cynical trolls who will find anything to complain about. You say you can do better, until you actually try, and then its a whole other thing. People don't seem to care that there are people there working at things trying their hardest. People just seem to sit in their basements and ignore that somebody put in some effort.

In the end its a matter of style or fashion, and if you want to bitch about style over actual substance than go right ahead. I hear people bitching about every little detail of every little movie, and its sick. Nobody can please anybody. Superman doesn't wear underwear, Superman wears underwear, Zelda is teh kiddie cartoon, Super-mans suit looks padded(turns out Cavil is ripped the **** out), don't like catwomens suit, Anne Hatheway isn't Halle Berry, Michelle Pfeifer, The best batman ever was Michael Keaton and damn anyone else who plays him even though Michael Keaton is bald and 60 years old, Batmans voice is gravely in the new batman even though you could tell right away who the **** he was because he had the same voice as bruce wayne before hand, The Thing 2011 used CG, Planet of the Apes 2011 used CG even though it was a highly innovative use of it damn them, the mario character model in the galaxy games doesn't have a denim texture like the one in the smash bros games. I could go on and on about the stupidest banal things people complain about.

Until anybody starts creating a body of work that is put out for the vultures for mass consumption then its empty bullshit. Curse anyone who does anything derivative, even if everything is derivative, or innovative in any way. You will never get up the stairs without taking steps first. apparently the common mantra is Curse anything new. John Carpenter was blasted by critics for even thinking about touching The Thing from another Planet, when it came out it got poor reviews,  it did poorly at the box office because the effects were blasted that they weren't in the style of the day (IE ET)and nobody would remember it if they hadn't replayed it on HBO 1000 times throughout the 80s. You could pretty much cut out all the scenes of the monster and you would have the same movie or at least the movie at its core, very few shots aside from the blood scene have actors and creatures in the same frame, in the end it would just be a movie about paranoia and nihlism. Or more simply a group of men fight a beast.

http://www.heorot.dk/beowulf-rede-text.html
http://historylink102.com/greece2/theseus.htm
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2011, 12:16:31 PM »
Perm don't give me that "until you've done it, you don't know anything" bullshit.  That's the ultimate cop-out excuse.  You don't have to be making movies to recognize a good film or a bad one.  Same with songs or books or videogames.  We all criticize videogames yet who here has ever made one?  It doesn't matter.  We've played enough to know what's good.

I think it looks like a cartoon.  If your character that is supposed to actually be there looks like a cartoon and it isn't Roger Rabbit, than it wasn't done well.  It can be done very well.  I love the Lord of the Rings films for example and aside from a few odd scenes here or there I'm never hit with that "ugh, Jar Jar Binks just entered the room" feeling.  Gollum is a completely CG character and yet the way he acts with the physical actors it just works.  It looks like he's really there.  It can be done.  And I know the reason that all special effects are done that way these days is because it's cheaper than the older ways of doing it.  There are some real impressive effects out there and there are films that look like glorified videogame cutscenes because the studio is rushing a mindless popcorn film out for the summer.

Though I am annoyed by the recent trend towards remakes.  Yes, everything is ultimately derivative but you can put a different coat of paint on it.  The problem is that there are all these remakes and most of the time the original film did the concept so well there is no need to do it again.  The Thing From Another World is embarassingly dated, while Carpenter's Thing is not.  Every year we get a big batch of remakes of films that are timeless to begin with and the remake is never as good.  They just want a familiar name to get people into the theatres.  The whole thing is very VERY corporate so I am instinctively repulsed by pretty much any remake.  The Thing and Ben-Hur are rare exceptions.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2011, 01:09:07 PM »
Honestly, Jar Jar Binks really isn't that bad as a piece of CG.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2011, 01:24:01 PM »
Gotta agree with Ian on this one. CG is a canvas and some people know how to use while others don't. Some people can create a new world while others create a poster. It's either distracting or mesmerizing and honestly there isn't a comfortable inbetween.

I can't wait for Cameron to come through with Avatar 2 to show how it's down again. It's suppose to focus on Pandora's water creatures, so I can only imagine how crazy it'll look.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2011, 05:21:25 PM »

Except he was stupid and annoying a ****.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2011, 07:16:36 PM »
Its not a cop out, people don't perspectivise(neologism) things. If Zach Snyder complained about The Thing or Eli Roth you would want to listen. Cabin Fever is essentially the same movie as The Thing, it follows the same beats, except theres titties and fucking. Eli Roth has mentioned that Hostel 2 is the same movie as Mothers day. All writers ever do is take a concept, and change the attributes of the characters, the dialog, and the setting and you have a different story. The underlying structure stays the same though.

If you want to talk about remakes you have to compare apples to lemons. Take the New Nightmare on Elmstreet movie or the Psycho remake. Those are examples of bad remakes, and they are bad because all they are doing is taking the same movie and just replacing the actors. Then you can take remakes like Dawn of the Dead, and you take the same concept for the movie, but do something different and you have a good movie. Now you could call the movie something different, and thats another argument all together, but the hardest thing to do in making a movie is to come up with a new title, its better from a marketing standpoint just to call it the same title.

my biggest problem is when people complain about CG, they have no respect for CG artists, but seem to prefer traditional artists. What they don't realize is CG and traditional art take the same skill sets. The thing is CG is 100 times as hard and is about 20 times as time consuming. If you were to take the same CG models they did for the new Thinf movie and print them out with a plastic printer you would get way better real objects than any of the hand sculpted object made by Rob Bottin. They wouldn't be able to be animated. The only thing i can really see people complaining about with CG is the lighting, don't complain about the CG itself, complain about its lighting. One of the biggest things Robert Bottin did was make sure not to light the objects too much because the lighter the object the more they stick out, when they are evenly lit they look horrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCQEFoEyFRY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfdRTvytNvY&feature=player_detailpage#t=416s

My biggest complaint is that people are mostly cynical because they're lack of understanding. Its ignorance, and its driving them to sound like trolls. If you were to look at realistically "what did this movie set out to do?", then if the answer is that it did what it set out to do then it was successful. You can't define something solely on one of its parts, you have to look at every part and evaluate it, then you can begin to have an understanding on what it is. Too often people will find one flaw, and at that point it is worthless in their eyes.

The other point is TheThing 2011 is not a remake, its a prequel. Yes any movie about The Thing based on John Carpenters The Thing is going to have similar plotpoints where to some extant it is a quasi-remake. The new thing should have been called Thing 0, or something else. However, while I can think of several movies that set up for a Sequel, I can't think of any movie that did such a great job setting up for a prequel as The Thing. While, it does take some mystery away from what happened, I like that someone went and did it. Its like an episode of CSI where the crime scene people are reconstructing what happened based on all the evidence. What I really like about this new movie is that you could watch the movies back to back and it would be as if they were a single long movie. The other thing i like about it is The Thing creature has a character arch, one of the biggest complaints with the new movie is The Thing shows himself way too much. However, if you look at it from the perspective of The Thing itself, it starts off brash, and then only later begins to act more covert, and as the new movie plays you begin to see this. So, this is intentional, it makes the movie less suspenseful and more of a monster movie, but the first appearance of The Thing would be more like a typical monster movie, only with some careful study of human beings would it develop the covert strategy. After all when it first got to the planet there were no humans around when it froze. If you are looking at it from the perspective of the Thing it must be shocked.

The other huge complaint that is annoying is that Remakes, prequels and Sequels are big example of corporatism at its worse. Now lets take for example George Romero, does very little with the big studios, actually pretty much anti-studio till he wants a paycheck. He's known for zombie movies. While he has does movies that are not zombies on occasion... none of them are as well received as his zombie movies, in the end he loses money, and he has to sale the rights to one of his zombie movies to continue film making, and then he has to make a new zombie movie to make some more money back. He's not a corporation, but if he was he would be doing essentially what a corporation would do. Nobody complains that all each and every burger McDonalds sales is a remake of the first, but theres over a billion sold. Any corporation has to make a product(except fucking banks, but that gets into political discussion), and you can't blame them for reproducing a product that is successful. Now one could argue the thing was not successful, but im sure it made back plenty of money on home video than it did at the box office, after all it was launched again ET. It may take 30 years for them to make the money back on the new one to justify a sequel, but when theres fans there is a demand.

Also, fucking fans. I'm pretty sure there are forum posts on some horror website from  6-15 years ago where there is a fan thats like "hey man, I would really like to see a new movie about the thing", the movie gets made 6 years later, and probably the same person bitches and complains about it, and then goes on to say "they could do better". Theres such an annoying pack mentality to people, its like The Borg has taken over. Except rather than accomplishing time and faster than light travel, all they can manage to complain about is a prequel to a remake B-movie. Nothing pleases the banal and cynical. See, you could paint me cynical as well, but at least im cynical of cynical people, and not cynical on everything else. Even what im doing now is kinda stupid, kind of annoys me because I know that a stupid behavior primarily of males is coming to the defense of things they like, its part of an instinctual ego defense mechanism, but **** it. Theres probably some other jackass on some other forum doing the same thing as me. Cognitive dissonance is great. Oh the possibilities.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2011, 08:06:37 PM »
my biggest problem is when people complain about CG, they have no respect for CG artists, but seem to prefer traditional artists. What they don't realize is CG and traditional art take the same skill sets. The thing is CG is 100 times as hard and is about 20 times as time consuming.

I have respect for the artists that do it well.  If it's not convincing it isn't done well.  You can work your balls off and still get shitty results.

Any movie takes a buttload of work, even Ed Wood's films would have.  If I don't like the results, tough.  I'm not going to give a free pass because of the work involved.  That's just how it is.  Every crappy videogame we've ever played also took tons of work from people that specialized skills in graphics design and programming.  Yet we rag on that.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2011, 08:36:54 PM »

The CG didn't make him less stupid. Only more so.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2011, 10:01:07 PM »
my biggest problem is when people complain about CG, they have no respect for CG artists, but seem to prefer traditional artists. What they don't realize is CG and traditional art take the same skill sets. The thing is CG is 100 times as hard and is about 20 times as time consuming.

I have respect for the artists that do it well.  If it's not convincing it isn't done well.  You can work your balls off and still get shitty results.

Any movie takes a buttload of work, even Ed Wood's films would have.  If I don't like the results, tough.  I'm not going to give a free pass because of the work involved.  That's just how it is.  Every crappy videogame we've ever played also took tons of work from people that specialized skills in graphics design and programming.  Yet we rag on that.

The biggest problem with everyone critiquing things is the all or nothing approach the common reviewer takes, either its totally good or totally bad. Theres no middle ground, no grey,  its all black and white and that's so annoying. I'm not necessarily disparaging you, im disparaging the trend. Take Green Lantern for instance, Cg in the trailers looked bad, i came into the movie with low expectations, didn't particularly care for the acting, but the Cg was a lot better than I thought it was going to be as somehow the 3d treatment fixed the floating heads look of the trailers. I didn't know much about Green Lantern as I was more of a Spider-man/Batman/Superman fan. Still I could give it a B- grade, and a B- grade is passing, in the end a sequel to this movie would be better than the first, and its probably not going to happen. Why? Because everyone called it an F grade film in the review because it wasn't perfect, and nobody went to watch it. Therefore sequel is unlikely. Now we may never see a Justice League movie. Thanks a lot crowd, your rampant negativity fucked something in its infancy. Thats really gross if you take the metaphors and look at it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2011, 10:55:26 PM »
I have a questions for everyone.

My girl wants me to watch Gossip Girl with her.

I've made her sit through countless shows with me, and for the most part they have all been good. I didn't force her to sit through anything she thought was stupid and would instead watch it on my own. Now she ask me to watch Gossip Girl with her....

I figured it's only fair to sit through one show with her, and I have already sorta watched the first 2 episodes.

So my question is, is this a good show?
Will hate I hate myself for not protesting this show and making her pick something else instead?

The first two episodes weren't too bad, but it contains two things I really dislike.
Uppity rich kids who think their **** don't stink because mommy and daddy are rich and could buy and sell everyone else like slaves, so you better do as I say and stay on my good side or I'll ruin you.
&
Gossipy people that live and breath to talk other peoples business as if they have none of their own to deal with. Nothing can happen around them without a giant network of people already knowing about it before the "event" is even over.
You can't slip and fall without word getting back to your mother who calls to make sure you are alright before you had even gotten up to dust yourself off.

So will this be the worst show ever, or will it just grow on me as I watch it?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2011, 11:05:03 PM »
I've caught a few episodes when my sister's watched it. Not something I'd watch myself, but you could do much worse.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2011, 11:13:44 PM »
yeah, problem is that good drama can become addicting...
actually stupid loud ignorant drama can be really addicting too,
so maybe it's drama becomes addicting, so I'm afraid that I will develop a love/hate relationship with the show like so many of those MTV/VH1 "reality" shows my girl used to watch.

you know, where you hate the show, but for some reason you find yourself watching it so you can see what happens next. It only makes you hate the show  even more, but you still don't change the channel whenever it comes on.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2011, 11:26:38 PM »
I don't think you'd hate it, at least not too much. Especially considering that you've mentioned liking other CW shows. It's certainly no Breaking Bad, but as long as you don't go in expecting that you'll probably be able to enjoy it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2011, 11:47:37 PM »
I've already gone in blind knowing nothing more than the title. I had no expectations.