Author Topic: The FaceBall 2000 16 years later thread...  (Read 72792 times)

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The FaceBall 2000 Event of the year megathread:
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2008, 07:21:56 AM »
Waiting for my roomie to get up and dressed we will leave around 7 be there around 1 ish / 2 because of the roads.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2008, 07:33:18 AM »
Not done  packig.  Roads are terrible.  Frustrated I can't find GBA and GBC that I saw this month and probably put somewhere where "I wouldn't forget where they were."  UncleBob due you have an RCA to Coaxial adpter?  I can't seem to find an AC adapter for mine and I gave my CUbe to Coaxial adapter to a CoWorker last year so she could be LoZ:TP.  Also no worries UncleBob I'll be happy to help you reroute cords and like.  We'll make it better, stronger, more efficient the Bionic Entertainment Center.

Edit:  Also a Intec Gamecube battery so if I could borrow one of your Mobile Monitors (Did get to pick it up in time and then they were all gone.)  We could play Melee at Wal-Mart while were in that nebulus time before the Tournament.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 07:36:17 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2008, 04:10:29 PM »
Everyone word to the wise, it is better to be safe and late than early and sorry.  Please drive very carefully today and make it safe~!  I am leaving now see you guys around 1ish

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »
Hey!  We're here and started setting up... I'm posting from my computer/phone now...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2008, 04:29:38 PM »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2008, 04:37:12 PM »
It looked better in my head.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2008, 04:45:20 PM »
Drew and decoyman just showed up... still waiting on bustin and some more of my friends

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2008, 05:19:55 PM »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2008, 01:34:53 AM »
Alright, guys, right now I want to play someone online.  I've got the american version, and me and my roomie are looking for some team battles, 3-5 stock, whatever stages or items you like.  Let me know who's game you're playing on and the friend code, and we'll give you guys a fight, 2v2.  He's usually Olimar and I'm typically the Ice Climbers, for those interested.

Right now, we're on his Wii, and the friend code we're working with, along with game save, only has about three or four characters/stages unlocked.  It's 0817-3403-5603.  Tell me the FC and we'll play some online Brawls.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2008, 09:25:34 AM »
Pictures should be up sometime tonight... I got distracted by Brawl... (On the flipside I haven't touched sub-space yet and I've unlocked up to Falco (Without doing it vie Multi-Man).  Plus I have Unlocked a slew of levels, a lot of them or play 10 times on/as something.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2008, 06:10:37 PM »
I just want to throw out a quick thanks to UB for setting the whole event up it was AMAZING.  Towards the end I sort of lingered because I just didnt want it to end :(.  Thanks to all of you guys for making the trip, you really made my year woot~!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2008, 06:55:46 PM »
Yep, life is so much better after the event.

Here's the pics.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2008, 07:11:32 PM »
Why'd you stop captioning after the first pic?  Weak.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2008, 07:18:39 PM »
I had a pretty great time despite my crippling cough and measly last place finish in the one round of the smash bros. tournament I got to play in.  Although if I ever make a 2:30 PM to 12:15 AM trip in a car ever again, it'll be too soon.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2008, 11:19:40 PM »
Why'd you stop captioning after the first pic?  Weak.
Mostly because I wanted to get the up as quick as possible.  I'll probably caption some tomorrow.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2008, 12:44:28 AM »
** Warning - This is a totally personal and 'all about me' post **

I drove through a blizzard to get to this event. What should have been a 6 1/2 hour drive turned into about a 12 hour drive. I spent most of it going 30 miles an hour. At the point where I told myself that I shouldn't go it was too late as so much snow had fallen behind me that it would have been worse going back than trekking forward.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to play anything when I arrived as we were preparing for food and deciding on when to get to Walmart. Once over there was alot of Smash Bros playing. But I got to play a range of games so I was happy.

The ride home was very smooth other than there was not enough sleep the night before. I about got snagged by a sheriff on the Indiana/Kentucky border, but someone faster than I blew by on the other side. They say Columbus got 20 inches of snow and it showed. The highway was clear, but the city streets were still a mess.

Here at my home town, snow still covers the roads. I don't know how much fell, but its more than I've seen before. Warmer weather is expected so all this snow will melt and turn the world into a muddy mess.

I'm glad I was able to meet some guys from the forum. UncleBob is not how I pictured, which is good. But if I had to do it again in the same conditions, I would stay home and ask to reschedule for warmer weather. Smash Bros does nothing for me. I'm sorry, but I returned it. Maybe someone will convince me otherwise someday but I'll leave my multi-player experiences to first person shooters.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: The FaceBall 2000 megafailure of the year megathread:
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2008, 01:51:32 AM »
Gonna keep this quick - I *just* got my entertainment center back together and I want to go to sleep...

Sadly, 16 Player FaceBall didn't work out.  We had 9 Players (two went home early, two went to sleep, 7 didn't even show up).

The event was fun though - although, if I ever do it again, I think things'll run differently (instead of having so many options that we spend half the time trying to figure out what to do, I'll have less options and try to have it all set up before hand).

Also, Pizza Hut is on my boycott list.  Me and a friend went there Friday to find out what time they closed Saturday night and was told (by the manager) Midnight.  We go to place the order Saturday and we're told they close at 11.  What the hell?  So, by the time I got off work after selling stuff and got back to the place, the pizza was cold (and I'm not a fan of re-heated pizza).

Also, as Bustin noted, the weather didn't help. :(

But it was fun. :)  And I hope to do something similar again... after all, I have to actually get the 16 Player FaceBall thing to work.

Oh, Bustin - we played some FPS... Remember FaceBall? :)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2008, 02:30:48 AM »
PAX for the next Faceball 2000 event?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2008, 09:22:43 AM »
I think the event would have been better for everyone if the weather hadn't happened and we all could have gotten there at 12.  Then there would have definitely be more Other game gaming.  Which makes me think that next time maybe it be better if we don't tie it to a release.  Then we could have some events that hit a range of things and no down time.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2008, 11:12:22 AM »
Where's Darkheart with the group shot?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »
Good question
I also wouldn't call this a MegaFailure.  The biggest problem was all involved with the weather.  Which none of us can control.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 11:41:32 AM by Ceric »

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2008, 12:18:10 PM »
Hey, I made a photo-merge with two of Ceric's photos (since he took the shot, he couldn't be in it, so we took an extra:) ).

Glad to hear everyone made it back safe and sound. Just want to say that, even though we had weather issues, and the drive for many of us required marathon-like endurance (I spent literally an entire day in a car - 24 hours round-trip), I had an absolute blast. It was great meeting you guys, and playing tons of games. If we'd had an extra day, it would've been even better. As it was, though, I'm sttill really happy with the experience, and would do it again... after I recover from the drive. If the next one is any further away, I would have to consider flying, though;)...

I will see you guys online with Brawl after my crazy week is over... don't get too much better than me in the meantime though!

Edit: here's the pic...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:28:24 PM by decoyman »
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2008, 12:32:52 PM »
It certainly wasn't a failure - I think the biggest problem (weather aside) was a lack of time.  I think a Friday-Sunday trip makes more sense than a Saturday-Sunday trip, at least with as far as some of us were driving.  I do think tying it to some kind of a release makes it fun.  But we got there at 3:30, barely had time for a few games before we were off to dinner and WalMart for the entire night, and then had only the overnight hours to really get into some gaming.  There was some good gaming the next day too, but not for very long. 

So yeah, suggestions for next time from me would include:

1)  Friday evening until Sunday morning
2)  More informal tournaments amongst the group, if for no other reason than to keep the gaming a little more focused
3)  More distinct gaming setups - so that we're not switching around between systems on the different TVs.  There's a GC area, a Wii area, etc
4)  Umm... more people, I guess.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »
It certainly wasn't a failure - I think the biggest problem (weather aside) was a lack of time. 

I'll second this. Not a failure, let alone a "megafailure" :P (unless you mean that the main reason this event existed was the Faceball 16-player action, because we DID literally fail in finding enough people to play 16-player faceball, so it was only 9-player).

I want to see more pics. I'll post the ones I took later on, but darkheart, break yourself away from Brawl and upload some pics! :P
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2008, 02:25:26 PM »
Meeting up with you guys for a few hours alone doesnt amount to any failure more like Megaton Success~!

I will upload the group pic later today, since I came back I have been at school and work all day yesterday and today.  All I have on my camera is teh final group shot.  I didnt take pictures because everyone else seemed to be taking a lot.  Though I find it odd that most of Cerics pics are shots of me XD.