Author Topic: Monster Hunter A Go-Go!: The -Ultimate- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Thread  (Read 63840 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter A Go-Go!: The -Ultimate- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 10:39:30 PM »
We just need to set up a Skype group or something.

Remember that the Wii U version of MH3U did not have keyboard and voice chat support until the post-release update that also added off-screen play. I take this as a sign of hope for both a U version and a patch for the 3DS version if it is technically feasible for them to do.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 10:19:16 AM »
It had Voice Chat before the Off-Screen Update.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 10:59:10 AM »
Must have been a separate update. I assumed it was the same one as I got the game after all of the updates dropped. Found a link.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2015, 11:01:33 AM »
That seems right.  You would always use the unscreen one which is clunky.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 07:41:06 PM »
So I've given all of my demo codes away and could use one more for another friend. Can anyone spare one?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 07:55:18 PM »
So I've given all of my demo codes away and could use one more for another friend. Can anyone spare one?
PM sent.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 08:21:52 PM »
Thank you kindly! Gotta keep spreading the MH love.
My Game Collection

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 02:55:27 AM »
I know I'm a bit late to the party (and been mia from the board for quite a while lol, I still lurk teehee ) does anyone still have any of those demo codes for unlimited demo play?  I want to give this series another shot after I half assed my way around 3.  I want to experience all the buzz everyone is talking about with this series. 

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 03:55:45 AM »
I know I'm a bit late to the party (and been mia from the board for quite a while lol, I still lurk teehee ) does anyone still have any of those demo codes for unlimited demo play?  I want to give this series another shot after I half assed my way around 3.  I want to experience all the buzz everyone is talking about with this series. 
PM sent.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 04:14:43 AM »
Your a life saver Mop It Up lol.  I'm about to crash right now but now I know what I got planned for tomorrow night to help get through this cold winter.  Thanks again man, I can sleep easy now :)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 10:50:09 AM »
It has online so let us know if you want to play together an we'll see if we can get a game going.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 03:03:06 PM »
Mission...complete?

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2015, 03:16:03 AM »
Thanks for the offer stratos, and gk, good videos, the more info the better.  I'll prob run solo for a week and get a feel for all the weapons and then try my hand at some online hunts lol. 

One question, I don't have a cpp, is not having a second analog stick for camera control going to make the game that much more difficult?  I'm looking to pick up the n3ds so I'll have the nub at that time but don't want to pick up a cpp for my current ds when its eventually going to get sold or given away plus it'll just be for this demo lol.   

On the bright side, if I get the hang of the game without the use of a second analog stick then it'll make the game proper feel that much better when I get it with the n3ds. 

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2015, 10:00:01 AM »
I found a lot of the camera stuff is mitigated by locking onto the monster so  you can tap to get the camera to point to that.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »
I have a CPP and the game is certainly better with it, BUT, I think you can handle the demo without it. A press of the L button will center the camera behind your character, so you can just keep tapping the L button to move the camera around. If a large monster is in the same area as you, you can tap the monster icon on the touch screen to set that monster as the camera lock. Then, when you press the L button, the camera will swivel to face the monster. So you can just use a bunch of taps of the L button as your camera control.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »
Thanks for the info, yeah, the touch screen control of the camera has been manageable and I just realized the L button function last night before bed.  The L button seems to do the trick too.  It'll be enough for the time being until the n3ds comes out. 

One thing I did notice is that this game is killing my fingers lol.  I have fairly big (long fingers lol) hand and its all cramped up playing on the og 3ds.  my thumb was in pain after all the moving around I was doing.  I'm sure the XL will release some of those issues though. 

I've gone through some of the faster weapons so far such as the SnS, double blades, and long sword.  so far, really digging the long sword.  All have been good though.  Going to make moves on the other weapons tonight.  I've only been playing on beginner so far and only fighting the easy hunt and its been a cake walk.  Once I set myself on a weapon or 2 of choice. I'll try the other hunts and bump up the difficulty. 

Thinking of going with a blade as my primary and a ranged weapon as a secondary.  Not sure how wise that setup would be in this game though.  I know you need some bladed weapon so you can cut body parts but I was originally thinking of going ranged primarily.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2015, 04:43:52 PM »
You can complete the entire game ranged. It is just tricky. Bows have a melee strike that cuts tails. Use the C Range coating to help cut it faster. Use the Slicing shots with bowguns. I will stun or trap the monster and then get some hits in on the tail then.

If all else fails play online with blade masters to get your tail cuts when you are farther along. I suspect playing both gunner and blademaster will make you more flexible in the long run. I switch out based on the other players choices in groups to better balance our abilities.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2015, 07:12:34 PM »
Gunning is hard.  It takes a certain person to be a gunner.  The different armor set that only works with 3 weapons, the raw amount of material to gather, how vulnerable you are, and the generally low damage output of the weapons.  What you get is great flexibility to really exploit element and status weaknesses plus the ability for additional support that can only be found in some hunting horns.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2015, 05:26:30 PM »
Found this when I was looking through my Photobucket for something else.  It's for 3U but should still apply.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2015, 05:53:17 PM »
Heh, that's about right. I also end up dawdling too much worrying about my supplies or decorations. Though I have improved that a lot since I started using the registered equipment slots. Also getting good to the point I don't need to pack a full bag of stuff every mission so I can quickly be ready for most any fight.

Man, so stoked for this game. I'm going to hop online pretty fast, probably after my first "monster part" weapon and armor set is complete. Though I won't rush it. If we rank up I'll stop there and make sure all offline and online quests of that level are complete. I'm going to get a lot of enjoyment out of the journey this time.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2015, 09:37:55 AM »
Can someone drag Maxi back here? We need to re-assemble The Team.

Unless a 4th hunter is needed when I'm around I may get halfway through the lower rank quests before I go online since I'll be rusty. I thought about Playing Tri or the 3 Ultimate demo but going from CCP to 3DS may not be of much use.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2015, 01:42:40 PM »
I still talk to Maxi from time to time. I don't think he could be convinced to return (I've tried before). He is on some other sites though if you still want to play games with him.

Do you have U3? I'm still playing it if you want to practice some weapons or wrap up some quests. I'm going to be online for part of today if you care to join.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2015, 02:52:58 PM »
You know that might be fun.  Today's been sort of stressful.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »
Do I have you friended? Just finished taxes and I need a break before I file our FAFSAs so I'll be on for a bit. If you find me online behind a password it will be "NWR".
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2015, 08:48:17 PM »
Eating with my son right this minute.