Author Topic: Splatoon!! WELCOME - TO DYE!  (Read 131707 times)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Re: Splatoon!! WELCOME - TO DYE!
« Reply #325 on: June 07, 2015, 05:11:07 PM »
Check for new gear every day. I usually see one new 3 slot piece in each category. I believe level 10 is the unlock for the better gear but I could be wrong.

I just started playing with the Aerospray RG with ink mines and inkstrike. Very nice.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 07, 2015, 05:50:14 PM »
Can also order gear in the town. If you got taken out a few times by the same guy that had some impressive gear, it might be worth leaving the lobby & finding his squidling to order a copy of what he had on. Apparently there's already a guide on the percentages of the random sub perks for the different brands of clothing.
Mission...complete?

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 07, 2015, 11:56:50 PM »
Dynamo roller: it takes EONS to swing and but the wave it generates is like a killer tsunami with enormous coverage. Unfortunately it's even more slow than regular roller so trying to splat people in your way is now impossible. I hope you like hiding in ink, because that's your only option.

Krak-on roller: the main feature of this set is not the weapon, but that it comes with teleport points on sub. Having properly placed teleports is the difference between losing and winning in ranked matches. You can even suck during the match but if you managed to hide a several radars near splat zones -- your team is golden.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 08, 2015, 12:13:32 AM »
Rollers are not my bag, I like the rapid fire weapons the best. If you get into a straight shooting match with the zapper, you will probably win, because it shoots so fast.

Pokepal killed me twice with the inkzooka today, I need my revenge!

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 08, 2015, 04:48:26 AM »
Enemies who step in your ink are visible on the map.

This game.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 08, 2015, 04:59:32 AM »
I've fallen in with the try-hards and messed around with the Aerospray MG and RG. They just chew through bad guys up close and their rate of fire and spread covers well for the Shooter category. In Splat Zones, they fall far behind Shooters and Chargers with range.

Perhaps it's bad aim on my part, but I wonder if the ideal placement of a shooter's targeting reticule is lower than the center mass of an inkling. I'm starting to think I should be aiming at the knees or feet of bad guys to best splat them. It always seems as if I'm aiming to high with a shooter.

Enemies who step in your ink are visible on the map.

This game.

I did not notice that. And I thought the GamePad map was just showing me the position of the person who splatted me. Or maybe it's doing both. It's sad for me to admit that I don't look at the map as often as I would like.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #331 on: June 08, 2015, 07:53:59 AM »
It's hard to look at the map while shooting. I look when respawning to gauge where to go, if I should clean up home base or jump to the front line, but that's about it. Inkstrikes force a look if only for a second.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 08, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »
The Splatoon 3-pack amiibo set is available on Gamestop.com. I ordered one so I can unlock everything when I buy the game. Will probably pick it up using a 10% off coupon for Best Buy once I get out of school.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 08, 2015, 05:54:39 PM »
I plan to use the Aerospray RG to grind to level 20 and then start messing with some of the other weapons.

The Kelp Splat Charger and .52 gal deco are particularly interesting to me.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 08, 2015, 11:08:37 PM »
One can use seeker torpedoes that will create a long path that you and your team can swim in very fast to get to the center of the map. It''s much better than inkbrush trailblazing.

Blaster is THE killing weapon. It kills in one maybe two hits. You can even soften up them up with disruptor grenade and then kill them as they flop around. They can't even hide behind corners or walls since i can just shoot around them.

It's pretty good for ranked but bad ink coverage makes it worse for regular turf war. To be effective in turf war you can play it like ranked harassing enemy team and killing them constantly and letting your team handle ink on the floor.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 09, 2015, 12:09:09 AM »
The seekers are super dope. Best grenade/secondary in the game.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 09, 2015, 01:43:39 AM »
The seekers are super dope. Best grenade/secondary in the game.
Considering Disruptors are useless and normal grenades have such a low blast radius, that's not saying much.

I've been hoping to use the Blaster eventually once my gear grinding is done, but like you said, azeke, it doesn't favor normal turf wars all that much. I have been playing lots of ranked with the N-Zap 85, which is an amazing weapon (especially when you have three damage up on your gear). I use Splattershot Pros a lot in regular Turf Wars, And I tried Jet Squelcher for a bit but I wasn't getting the coverage I needed- also wasn't playing Port Mackerel so that hindered its use. I have been using the Inkbrush with my damage up gear, and on Arowana Mall that thing does wonders. I just need it to hit a little harder...
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 09, 2015, 02:18:17 AM »
Just finished all the Inkling Girl Amiibo challenges. Spoiler alert: the final reward is not worth the time you put into it and the game almost rubs it in your face. You get blueprints for a new weapon (a charger in the inkling girl challenges) but dude in the weapons shop can't decipher them, so you end up with a regular charger with a coat of paint on it. ****.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 09, 2015, 02:53:02 AM »
Nintendo warned you, Amiibo wasn't going to just be cut content.

That is hilarious though.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 09, 2015, 04:18:21 AM »
Considering how a lot of pre-order DLC is of low quality and/or aesthetic differences, it's par for the course.  Still, the school uniform looks nice.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #340 on: June 09, 2015, 07:46:29 AM »
Just finished all the Inkling Girl Amiibo challenges. Spoiler alert: the final reward is not worth the time you put into it and the game almost rubs it in your face. You get blueprints for a new weapon (a charger in the inkling girl challenges) but dude in the weapons shop can't decipher them, so you end up with a regular charger with a coat of paint on it. ****.

#hypertrollGET
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 09, 2015, 11:10:30 PM »
Japan is getting its first Splat Fest this weekend (6/13-6/14)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PsBfxHrQHY

Inkopolis will turn in to an all-night dance party for the battle between rice and bread. From the brief glimpses in the video, it looks like the two arenas you see in single-player will be unlocked. Those two arenas being the domed square arena seen in World 2 and the docks area seen in World 3. Also, it looks like we will get night versions of maps such as the skate park.

I hope the rest of the world gets a Splat Fest as well. Given the current silence, I fear that this might be the beginning of diverging, regional content in Splatoon.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #342 on: June 09, 2015, 11:43:24 PM »
There's a North America Splatfest next weekend between the cat master race and dog peasants.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 09, 2015, 11:48:34 PM »
It's weird because I've played with so many foreign players, it's like they're getting their own private party.

I played a lot of normal and ranked Saltspray Rig/Port Mackerel/Arowana Mall/Urchin Underpass last night, and while my strategy for Arowana and Urchin Underpass are pretty much locked down, my Port Mackerel and Saltspray Rig game leaves something to be desired. I do find the Modified Blaster extremely effective because of its range and explosive nature that allow for taking out perches, and though the Proximity mines are amazing for Splat Zones they are best suited for that mode alone. Still struggling to find a good weapon for normal turf wars, I've been switching a lot between Splatershot Pro and N-Zap which has insane damage output.

52. Gal Deco with sprinklers and echo is probably one of the best weapons for Arowana, IMO. And while I didn't do very well on Port Mackerel, I'll admit it is one of the most fun Splat Zone stages because of it's two capture points.

EDIT: Cat scum need to check themselves. Team Dog Strong, Brave, and more cunning than you think.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:50:38 PM by Evan_B »

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 10, 2015, 12:24:33 PM »
Arowana Mall on Ranked is hilarous.

All you need to do is to take sniping points over central area and compete in a pissing contest between teams covering central Splat Zone. Preferrably with long range weapon like Aerospray or Squelcher.

There is even absolutely 0 reason to shoot enemies, just keep pissing in a centre.

« Reply #345 on: June 10, 2015, 07:31:02 PM »
There's a North America Splatfest next weekend between the cat master race and dog peasants.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKYavPyurPw #teampooch
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 12, 2015, 07:27:08 AM »
so, uh... I finally got this and put some time into it. I'm kinda stuck in the feedback loop of trying desperatley to accumulate money for a piece of gear that I ordered from spyke, and then seeing something else that I really like and ordering that. as a result, I really haven't bought many guns as of yet. namely been stickin' with the NZap85.

I really don't have a solid opinion yet. I'm only about level 11, and I get burnt out on playing so quickly that I haven't really gotten anything more than through the first boss of the single player stuff. no amiibo because I was at a con in seattle on launch weekend and didn't want to have to wake my friend to have him haul me to a store to wait outside or something for a maybe shot at getting the three pack.

What I wanted to discuss was that I went back and watched last year's digital event, and something struck me as fascinating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GisRY6h100U&t=38m24s Load this up and slow down the footage, and take note at how wildly different this early version of Saltspray rig is. Arowana mall and Urchin Underpass have some smaller differences as well, but it's interesting to kinda take a look at what happened with the map design. over the course of this last year.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2015, 08:34:13 AM »
I'm surprised to hear the response to the single player has been so favorable. It's full of one-off gimmicks and stuff but it hardly feels satisfying. Is the standard for FPS campaigns really set so low?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2015, 07:06:42 PM »
Nintendo has been king about using one off gimmicks to make levels fun.  It is really is perfect level design.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 12, 2015, 07:17:57 PM »
They don't really feel all that fun to me, though.