Author Topic: Going Wi-Fi is about to get alot easier...  (Read 1504 times)

Offline joeposh

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Going Wi-Fi is about to get alot easier...
« on: September 29, 2005, 07:41:35 AM »
Not directly Revo related, but it does give you an idea of how Wi-Fi technologies are progressing/evolving.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050929/D8CTUA3O7.html

It was only a matter of time until something like this got developed. I remember how helpful those "put a phone jack wherever you have an electrical outlet" accessories were when I first moved into my old home. They were essentially idiot proof... plug it in and use. If Panasonic can deliver anything remotely similar to that experience at an affordable price, I think wi-fi use will really take off among casual computer users. Obviously this makes Nintendo's decision to go wi-fi only seem a lot smarter and silence alot of the people who continue to cry for a broadband hook up.

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Going Wi-Fi is about to get alot easier...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 08:23:12 AM »
I assume that's an ideal 170mbs before packet collision. This is like connecting your entire network through one hub. As soon as more than a couple devices want some bandwidth, you'll wish you had a real LAN.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Going Wi-Fi is about to get alot easier...
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 09:13:28 AM »
I saw that on Yahoo! news and thought it was an excellent idea.  It won't be mainstream for at least a few years, but it definitely sounds cool.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline MrMojoRising

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Going Wi-Fi is about to get alot easier...
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 04:34:46 PM »
It's still weird how Nintendo seems to be planning ahead and pushing technology with Wi-fi but they aren't doing HD...maybe it's just because they know that normal people don't want to hook a cable from where ever their computer is to their family room.