Author Topic: Citizens of Earth 3DS Pulled From eShop Following Exploit Discovery  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

If you haven't cashed in the Humble Bundle, you'll have to take the Wii U version.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/42707/citizens-of-earth-3ds-pulled-from-eshop-following-exploit-discovery

Following the removal of VVVVVV from the 3DS eShop due to a security flaw, a second game with a backdoor has been discovered - and it was in the recent Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle.

Citizens of Earth has been removed from the eShop temporarily due to a similar bug being found that prevents the title from being run but allows unsigned code to run in its place. The game being a part of the bundle led to the hack being dubbed "Humblehax".

No timetable has been given for the game's return, but unclaimed Humble Bundle codes will not work until the game is restored.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline supergtt

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
And people wonder why I want my ace attorney games on carts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
For what it's worth, Atlus has said they're working on a quick fix (they're probably used to it with Persona 2: Innocent Sin on PSP going off for a bit), which is far more than I can say for the chuckle*eff*s who published VVVVVV.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
"Don't forget to protect me."- Nintendo to Atlus

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
"Patch? What's that?" Nicalis to Nintendo
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
I went with the Wii U version for the game for the Humble Bundle, but then I saw how much storage it takes up, so I gave it away.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Huh, I was still able to redeem my code... or is this back up already?