Author Topic: Call of Duty: Black Ops II May Include Elite Service and Season Pass on Wii U  (Read 824 times)

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile

Activision is working with Nintendo to figure out the game's online functionality.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32140

Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Wii U might support the Elite service and a Season Pass for downloadable content, Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg informed Polygon.

When asked if the Wii U version of Black Ops II would include these online systems, Hirshberg stated: "That's our goal, but the honest answer here is that we're still working out the details with Nintendo."

Confirmed only for other platforms as of now, the Call of Duty Elite service provides statistics tracking and community features, while the Season Pass gives the purchaser access to four packs of multiplayer and Zombies DLC as they are released in the months after the game's launch.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II is a launch day title for Wii U in North America and Europe, and a launch window game in Japan.

Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Guess I wasn't paying attention, when did Hirschberg replace Kotick?

I wouldn't worry much about the online, Activision did a great job with Goldeneye on the Wii. It played about as well as Modern Warfare 2 (i.e. some lag depending on the host but the netcode did its job well in keeping the game as playable as you could demand) with a more fun weapon balance.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Guess I wasn't paying attention, when did Hirschberg replace Kotick?

Kottick is the CEO and President of Activision Blizzard (parent company of Activision and Blizzard), Hirschberg is President of subsidiary Activision Publishing. His counterpart at Blizzard Entertainment is Michael Morhaime. Kottick is the boss of both.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20