Author Topic: METROID PRIME 2  (Read 96145 times)

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2003, 11:11:14 PM »
The thing is Chozos don't have the lobster claws like the Space Pirates do. The thing that attacked Samus in the Prime 2 trailer had Space Pirate claws.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Swordsplay

• Burninating the country side
    • View Profile
RE:METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2003, 05:26:09 AM »
Lobster claws, LOL.  Yeah, it did look more like a new bread of space pirate, i wonder what it can do.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  To be honest, i thought the phazon suit (now occupied by metroid prime if you see the movie after beating the game 100%) would attack samus.  I could be wrong, or maybe im right.  It is too soon to tell what the main threat is.
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-quote by manunited4eva22-
Would you like to spam some more with some blankety blank blank blank?
-end quote-

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2003, 05:28:59 AM »
Key word: Chozo STATUE

And I never noticed the claws...I deleted the trailer too so I can't check right now...

It was the face that made me think it was something else.  Perhaps it's a space pirate mutated with Phazon?  I think it was pretty clear at the end of MP that it wouldn't be the last we would see of it ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2003, 08:03:24 AM »
You can watch the trailer by clicking here and then scrolling down to Metroid Prime 2. If you watch the video toward the end you can see a clear shot of the new enemy's claws. Also click here to see a nice shot of one of the claws.

I'm guessing that one of the reasons that people are thinking it's a Chozo is due to the beak. Well the Space Pirates have beaks too. Actually I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Chozos and the Space Pirates are distantly related. Kind of like how in Star Trek the Vulcans and Romulans are related but are very different. I think it would be a neat twist.

One thing that I find interesting is that if you look closely at the Space Pirates in Metroid Prime none of them have the lobster claws like the Super Metroid and Fusion Space Pirates do. They had actual fingers. What makes this so weird is that the art depiction of the Space Pirate in the Metroid Prime manual does have the lobster claws. I wonder why they decided to change this?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2003, 08:17:03 AM »
Hmmm...Maybe the "lobster claw" is a side-effect of the Phazon and the space pirates in MF/SM are just phazon-infected...Or maybe I just plum forgot the timeline and I pulled all this speculation out of my ass...I hate waiting for explanations...  

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2003, 08:56:52 AM »
Well I was thinking that maybe the Space Pirates are like certain insects in that there are worker Space Pirates and soldier Space Pirates etc. Maybe the ones in Super Metroid are worker Space Pirates since they had just got done reconstructing Tourian. The ones in Metroid Prime would be soldiers. That's just one possibility.

You do bring up something I really hadn't thought of Bill. The Prime Space Pirates would of course predate the Super and Fusion Space Pirates so maybe something does happen with them (like Phazon) that causes the change. The fact that there is suddenly a  clawed Space Pirate in Metroid Prime 2 seems to backs this up.

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2003, 05:44:59 AM »
In the logbook in prime, if you read it, a space pirate crossed with phazon turns into either an elite pirate, or a phazon elite pirate. If you put nothing but pure phazon in living space pirate tissue (this is all in the logbook, i didnt make it up) it will make the space pirate an omega pirate.
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-end quote-

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2003, 06:47:27 AM »
Riddle me this
Riddle me that
Is that why Omega
is so damn fat?
There has to be
a reason you see
for space pirates with knobs
to flop them with lobs'

knobs = fingers...lobs = short for lobster ^_^

So I was right the first time with the timeline...Something must happen for this weird change to take place...A new hybrid of the phazon, or even the X parasite are possibilities...but until we get hardcore proof, this is just dust in the wind...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2003, 10:35:51 AM »
It'd be funny if the thing wasn't even in the game, and it was just something they did to give you a general impression of what it would look like.

Probably not, but it'd be funny to know that this argument was in vain
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2003, 12:30:22 PM »
Hey, when there's a dry spell on news, you just gotta do what you gotta do

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2003, 09:14:12 AM »
If you notice at the end of metroid prime, metroid prime takes the phazon suit off of Samus leaving her with the PURPLE GRAVITY SUIT right?  Well in the metroid prime 2 short teaser movie thing, shes wearing the regualar power suit (the orange suit), what did she do with the gravity suit?  Leave it on the ship?  Hang it out to dry?  Gave it to a blind man?  Whered it go?  LOL

-end quote-

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2003, 10:24:15 AM »
Maybe it won't even be needed in the next game...Which is good because I would like to see some new ones

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2003, 10:43:18 AM »
Yeah, it could be a desert planet, or subterranean or something, someplace with no water.  And a subterranean place would certainly fit in with the seismic visor. . . anyhoo, the video looked rather arid, so perhaps there shan't be water.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline ghostVi

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2003, 12:13:21 PM »
hmm...Samus in a Papillon suit...

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2003, 12:20:11 PM »
Justin Bailey is my favorite person ^_^

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2003, 09:45:29 AM »
Our worst nightmare would be seeing Samus in a Disco suit.  AWWWWWWWW the terror.  *runs in fear*

LOL

-end quote-

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2003, 12:05:35 PM »
Funny you guys mention Samus being in different suits because some idiot on the gamefaqs.com Zero Mission board suggested that there should be a ninja Samus in the next game.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2003, 01:33:07 PM »
What do you mean?  NiNJa saMuS w OuLD r0Xx0Rs!!1!11!!!1LOLWTF!!!1!11!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2003, 01:46:11 PM »
Man, I've got 100% in Metroid Prime now. Crap thing is I'm on hard mode, and I just beat Meta-Ridley last week, so it's gonna be a while before I'll beat Metroid PRime......sorry mario.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2003, 08:52:28 PM »
Eh, metroid prime is a push over, even in hard mode.  All you have to do is fire your most powerful shots (charged up combos mainly) at her, and when she gets in her second form, simply double jump over her quake attack and attack her with the phazon beam (hyper mode).  In my opionion, shes the easiest final boss ive seen in awhile.  I think Omega Pirate was the hardest and meta ridley came in second.

-end quote-

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2003, 03:07:33 AM »
I thought Ridley was much harder than Omega, but I guess that's because I didn't use the cheap Wavebuster "constant cheap stream of missles" attack

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2003, 05:18:10 PM »
I died once on Omega, but that's because I was weak.  I beat Meta Ridley with seven life left, and no extra energy blocks.  That was freakin awesome So I think Ridley was probably hard.

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2003, 05:05:28 AM »
What do you guys think of this?

What is the coolest looking boss in the game?

What is the ugliest looking boss in the game?

Coolest looking:  Probably Thardus the rock monster

Ugliest looking:  Omega Pirate definitely

-end quote-

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2003, 12:25:46 PM »
Meta Ridley (or Flaaghra) and Omega Pirate, respectively.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2003, 12:28:25 PM »
The Sheegoth are far uglier than Omega is

I like Meta-Ridley too, but not as much as the Parasite Queen...Plus, her boss music is the best out of all of them ^_^