Author Topic: No Disc Light!  (Read 1609 times)

No Disc Light!
« on: November 19, 2006, 07:08:33 AM »
Well, I'm guessing I either got a defective Wii, or I am misunderstanding how the blue Disc Light is suposed to work.  I assumed it light up when you put in a game disc, thats a no go for me.  So then I figured, maybe it light up when the disc drive was empty, once again no!  I did set it up last night so I could send Email between my Wii and my personal email address.  And the Disc Light will illuminate when I have a message waiting to be read, but if it is suposed to light up times other than that, I think my system is broken.  

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:No Disc Light!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 07:12:28 AM »
I was wonderting about that, Mine only lit up when i ejected Wii sports. I will now have to go check to see when else it comes on.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: No Disc Light!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 07:38:09 AM »
It's designed so that the light is never on when you're actually using the console. If there's no disc in, it should light up when you first turn the console on. And it should briefly flash when you insert a disc when the light isn't on.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:No Disc Light!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 08:28:55 AM »
The light is designed to alert you of WiiConnect24 stuff. It lit up when I sent a message to my Wii (from my normal e-mail address).
Thanks for listening.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE: No Disc Light!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 02:53:50 PM »
oh really? Damn i thought the light was always on because that looks badass!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post