Author Topic: 2nd Wii Game  (Read 3235 times)

2nd Wii Game
« on: November 18, 2006, 05:04:31 AM »
Ok, here we are, a mere 11 hours untill I will have a Wii sitting next to my TV.  But, even being this close to the megaton, I still cannot decide what my secondary game will be.  Obviously I have to buy Zelda, but I still need a 2nd game.  I am up in the air between Red Steel, Rayman, Monkey Ball, Excite Truck and Trauma Center.

Any suggestions?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
RE: 2nd Wii Game
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 05:09:42 AM »
I like to switch things up; start off with a good adventure, next get a multiplayer game. SOo I'd go with either ET or MB
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline bbruzzes

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:2nd Wii Game
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:11:04 AM »
Do you have friends over a lot? If so, I'd get either Rayman or Monkey Ball, because each of them has a ton of fun multiplayer minigames.  

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 05:17:11 AM »
Two words....Wii Sports
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline Martin Q. Blank

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 05:30:51 AM »
I'd go with Super Monkey Ball.  It's getting solid reviews across the board.  It has a single player game and 50 mini games.  

I was on the fence as to whether or not I should keep it and it looks like it'll be game #2 next to Zelda.  

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 06:30:21 AM »
If you want a multiplayer game but NOT a minigame collection, then you may want to go for more run-of-the-mill-but-always-fun racing action ala Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam (if you accept that it's a slightly different, Wii version of SSX) or Excite Truck (if you can live with a 2-player mode with no cpus and what sounds like this generation's Wave Race Blue Storm).

But if you want a counterpoint to Zelda, I'd think a hardcore experience would be provided by Trauma Center, a fun-all-around experience could be provided by Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (even though I prefer Rayman for it's uber humor, MB has a better 1-player mode), or a kick-back and relax retro gaming experience could be provided by Metal Slug Anthology (which will be a great game to play just to relax or kill time, even 2-player).

But don't take my word for it. Always do your research on the internets to make sure any recommendation helps your purchase!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Martin Q. Blank

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 06:43:20 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
a kick-back and relax retro gaming experience could be provided by Metal Slug Anthology (which will be a great game to play just to relax or kill time, even 2-player).

I've always been a huge fan of the Metal Slug series.  I can't wait to pick this up when it comes out.  You get 7 games with 6 controller settings.  It's very disappointing that this game isn't coming out on launch day, hopefully it's not delayed too much longer.

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 06:49:42 AM »
I was also having trouble deciding what my second game would be. In the end, I decided to go for Monkey Ball for both it's one player experience and collection of multiplayer games. I have heard a lot of the minigames are hit-or-miss, but I am sure there are enough gems in there to go around. I also considered Excite Truck and Rayman.  
Thanks for listening.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 06:52:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Martin Q. Blank

a kick-back and relax retro gaming experience could be provided by Metal Slug Anthology (which will be a great game to play just to relax or kill time, even 2-player).

I've always been a huge fan of the Metal Slug series.  I can't wait to pick this up when it comes out.  You get 7 games with 6 controller settings.  It's very disappointing that this game isn't coming out on launch day, hopefully it's not delayed too much longer.

What?!?! NOT LAUNCH?!?!

NOOOoOOoOOooooOooOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo?!?!?!?!?

Isn't it also supposed to sell for only 40 bucks or something? Or am I mistaken?

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 07:05:38 AM »
I haven't heard good things about Excite Truck multiplayer, and apparently Rayman is also limited. This leaves RS, SMB, Madden, or Tony Hawk if you want good multiplayer.  
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 07:10:45 AM »
Don't forget Marvel: Ultimate Alliance!

I'm getting it, a decent action-brawler which you can play with 4 friends is always welcome, especially with how the Gauntlet series has gone downhill. The Marvel Universe characters geekdon is just a bonus.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Martin Q. Blank

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 07:12:55 AM »

What?!?! NOT LAUNCH?!?!

NOOOoOOoOOooooOooOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo?!?!?!?!?

Isn't it also supposed to sell for only 40 bucks or something? Or am I mistaken?

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

You're right, it's $40.  Gamestop has a shipping date for 11/28/06.  I don't think that it'll be delayed much longer because they did show the final build on various gaming sites unless they are delaying it to incorporate Wi-Fi.  That would kick ass.