Author Topic: Twilight Princess Spoiler Discussion Thread (for those who have the game tomorrow)  (Read 108122 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Twilight Princess Spoiler Discussion Thread
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2006, 09:35:41 AM »
Bill: I figured it would.  But despite the popularity of the DS, somehow I get the feeling that Phantom Hourglass won't be as popular as Wind Waker, perpetuating the "thematic pairs" and the fact that Ganon is always in the more popular half of each pair, and therefore assumed to be in every game just because of it.

Despite my categorization of Zelda into clear "thematic pairs", I've only seen a recent 1up article even come close to the way I view the saga (or rather, sagas).

Will the Link from Twilight Princess have another adventure, and one without Ganon/dorf?
 I wonder if even Nintendo deliberately means to pair off games like they (mostly) have so far.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Twilight Princess Spoiler Discussion Thread
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2006, 09:47:32 AM »
I'd almost rather they do something they've yet to do, a three-game series for a single Link...More specifically, I'd love to see another toon-shaded console Zelda starring Wind Waker Link...(Perhaps a few years after Wind Waker, with him entering his teens...)

More realistically, the next console game will perhaps take place between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, and will HOPEFULLY explain what happened in between the said games...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline madpaintballer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2006, 09:56:17 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
You do realize this game takes place between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, right?  Needless to say, "dying for good" isn't in Ganondorf's vocabulary...

I didn't know the time frame for the game, frankly I didn't care, the way they just left Gannon just standing there with that sword sticking out of his chest.  What with the triforce dissapearing from the back of his hand, and sounds he was making, it seemed pretty clear that he had died, yet he stood there.  All I can say is his ability to recover put's wolverines to shame, lol.

Okay so for those that've beaten the game Why exactly does Midna destroy the mirror?  Also did anyone else think that she was going to say "Link, I....love you"  

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2006, 09:56:46 AM »
Personally, I want to see them follow Miyamoto's suggestion, and make Link a girl.

(No, not kidding. I see no reason why a girl couldn't don the green tunic. Actually, the thing's probably better suited for a girl...)
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2006, 10:04:09 AM »

I'd almost rather they do something they've yet to do, a three-game series for a single Link...More specifically, I'd love to see another toon-shaded console Zelda starring Wind Waker Link...(Perhaps a few years after Wind Waker, with him entering his teens...)

More realistically, the next console game will perhaps take place between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, and will HOPEFULLY explain what happened in between the said games...
GameTrailers.com had a six-part retrospective on The Legend Of Zelda series which was actually pretty good.  The sixth part was the most interesting, as they tried to fit everything together using as few different "Links" as possible.  But I don't really think continuity is too important, despite some clear references to other games. Within "thematic pairs" as I have called them there is often continuity but beyond that anything goes.  This isn't like Metroid (with a clear timeline), even if it's also not like Mario (which, even if it had a timeline, totally doesn't matter).

Nintendo may have said they'll release an official timeline one day but I'm not sure it'll enhance our enjoyment of the games much if they ever do.  Plus, there may be some retcons.

Originally posted by: wandering
Personally, I want to see them follow Miyamoto's suggestion, and make Link a girl.

(No, not kidding. I see no reason why a girl couldn't don the green tunic. Actually, the thing's probably better suited for a girl...)

More like "Linque".  Miyamoto also wanted Kirby to be yellow.  And Yoshi could've been a pteradactyl.  Oh, the weird games people in alternate universes are playing on their Nintendo consoles!  Then again they'd be at awe at our male Link, pink Kirby, and saddled fruitosaur Yoshi.

(And maybe in an alternate universe, Ian loved Wii controls for Twilight Princess since the very beginning!)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2006, 11:04:36 AM »

Originally posted by: madpaintballer
Okay so for those that've beaten the game Why exactly does Midna destroy the mirror?  Also did anyone else think that she was going to say "Link, I....love you"

Yes...  I believe she broke it because the only way she could rid her feelings for Link was to permanently destroy the physical bond between them...

And yes, I do think it'd be an awesome idea to do one serious game where "Link" was a girl...It'd be a very interesting twist, and there are so many ways interactions between characters could change...

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2006, 04:48:36 PM »
can someone explain the cutscene at the snake god with the dark links and the 3 godesses where the girl is falling from the sky like raindrops.. this game is hard to follow without an acid hit
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2006, 04:55:34 PM »
Simple...The Light Spirit was just warning Link that the power of the Fused Shadows could even take over him if he wasn't careful...The images of Link and Ilia were symbolic of those of pure heart being darkened by the power of the Fused Shadows...  

« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2006, 04:07:56 AM »
Is is just me, or is the guy who runs the Star Game in Castle Town, TP's realistic version of Tingle.  I mean, look at him.  He's got that hood thing, and is even wearing a clock!  It's gotta be...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2006, 04:33:34 AM »
i thought the same thing....tingle makes a cameo!!!!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2006, 09:01:56 AM »

Originally posted by: madpaintballer

Yes...  I believe she broke it because the only way she could rid her feelings for Link was to permanently destroy the physical bond between them...

And wasn't it funny how she said "Am I so beautiful that you are without words?!" haha what a side joke on Link and the rest of the gaming comunity that wants him to do such thing.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2006, 09:17:15 AM »
YES!  I finally finished it.  I clocked in at 45:31 at my last save.  Sure, it took most of my free time the past couple weeks, but I have a full-time job.  Oh, and I had a Blockbuster coupon that expired at the end of November which I didn't want to go to waste so somehow I put down Zelda to play a day of Red Steel.  :P

At the ending, I was almost moved to tears, not really so much by the ending, but by the Zelda theme...FINALLY.  I was wondering where in the game it was and at some point I figured it would be at the end.  So of course I was expecting it, but man is music powerful.

Now if someone could tell me how to get the remaining chests in Hyrule Castle that'd be great.  I honestly don't see how I'm supposed to get to the ones on the north side of the first floor and also I hate messing with the chandeliers.  (I figure that one of those chests will get me a key that I can use to get the remaining chests on an upper floor.)  I hate it when I get stumped this bad.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2006, 10:37:12 AM »
I can help!  The small key to that door can be found in that huge darkened area outside that you most likely passed over...(Check your map...See that huge area to the northwest?  WHOOPS!)  The entrance to that area is a dig spot found near the boomerang puzzle...Just figure out the puzzles in that new area and you'll eventually find the small key you need...By the way, all you find behind the door is a crapload of rupees (worthless if you've found all the poes) and some item refills...

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2006, 11:24:37 AM »
Yes! I beat that annoying Cave of Ordeals!

Third try, yay.  The first one was just a "what the heck is this hole in the ground" thing, so I was ill equipped.  I had not met DarkNuts yet so i made it to that room.  If I had lived I couldnt have made it any further anyway since I didnt have the double hookshot.  The second time I thought I was well equipped (four fairies), but I still lost too many hearts from the Redead and darknuts that I only went a little bit further.

But now I finally made it.  I brought four fairies (one of which I let loose to grab some blu chu jelly, and I had learned better strategy from the second try.

So what did I get for my efforts? great fairy at every fountain to give me fairy tears (limit:can only have one bottle of fairy tears at a time)  I will now carry fairy tears at all times to celebrate my efforts.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2006, 03:48:53 PM »
Thanks for the help, Bill.  I found the answer on GameFAQs shortly after I posted that myself (oops), but it's nice to see people here able and willing to help.

I just finished hunting down the Poes.

I'll have to redo the Cave of Ordeals again, though, the farthest I got on my only attempt so far are the three Darknuts.  How many more floors are after that?  When I heard that for getting all the Poes I could get infinite Rupees, I thought I could use that in conjunction with the Magic Tunic to survive.  Turns out that just meant you could get 200 from him repeatedly.  >_<

My next strategy is that since I didn't use any bombs or many arrows, I might try using bomb arrows from the ledge above each room to clear out some of the more difficult enemies before dropping down.  Those rooms with icy enemies or those with Redeads are real pains.  At least I got all the Poes the only time I went through so far, so I should have to deal with them again.  Also, I was a little unlucky in one of the rooms with Purple Chu Jellies, so maybe I'll try not to be dependent on them at all.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2006, 04:04:39 PM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
I'll have to redo the Cave of Ordeals again, though, the farthest I got on my only attempt so far are the three Darknuts.  How many more floors are after that?.

That's the last floor...

Tip: Use bomb arrows on Redeads and Ice Soldiers from above, and use your Wolf form on the Redead survivors...I've found it's SO much easier to take them on as a wolf...

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2006, 06:09:58 PM »
Yeah, I found going in as a wolf on the redeads helped a lot.  You just do the A attack a couple of times, it ends up looking like links revenge for OOT.  Also, focus on one redead at a time.  As for the darknuts, you just gotta learn how to fight them, wait for them to attack, dodge backwards, then go in for the kill.  I also found that the Back Slice was great for catching them offgaurd after they had lost their armor.

One thing that wasnt really necessary, but I did it anyway was to jump off the edge using the charge A attack (one of the hidden skills).  Not only does it look very cool, but sometimes you can actually get a bunch of enemies with the shockwave. (I once caught a bat in mid-air doing this)

Oh, and in the room with the Chus, immediately go for the blue one and scoop it up before it has a chance to merge.

Hope that was helpful.  Bills idea sounds good too, I hadnt thought of the bomb arrows.  

Edit: FIXED MY SCREWUP Oops, when hitting the darknuts after they lose their armor, I accidentally said spin attack, when I meant back slash, hope I didnt get anyone killed.

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2006, 06:27:40 PM »
Zach and Bill:

If you want to save on your bombs and arrows, you can also use the Ball and Chain on the Redeads.  Two hits, and they're dead.  This is also good against those damn spiders.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2006, 09:12:52 PM »
So, I beat the third dungeon and did a bit more stuff and I've finally reached that point where I can focus a little less on the main quest and start exploring the world more.  So I did about two hours of that, or so, and I'm lovin' it.  I went on to the fourth dungeon, just entered it, but I'll fool around more after that (or may postpone that dungeon).  Either way, I won't be playing again for at least a week and a half, when I get out of class and have all the time in the world, over Christmas.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2006, 02:01:09 AM »
After the third dungeon is also where I did some exploring.  It's when I started picking up all of the possible Pieces of Heart possible.  I hadn't lost to any major boss yet, but I wanted to ensure I could keep that up.  Personally, I really liked the fourth boss (Stallord, especially his second phase), the eighth boss (Zant), and of course the last boss.  Explaining the first boss to my brother was fun.  "Imagine a boomerang snatching bombs from a baboon swinging by and blasting big Babas in mid-air!" o_0  Yeah, I beat that boss without using multi-targetting, oops.  >_>

Thanks for the tips on the Cave of Ordeals, Zach and Bill.  (I thought I came up with that bomb-arrow strategy from above myself, though...  >_>  ...but thanks for confirming it'll take care of some of the pesky guys in particular.  I suspected the Chu Jellies were remerging, thanks for confirming that too.  One of those Chu Jelly rooms I got really sloppy in.  In the first room with them where I decided to drink them for the first time I was lucky to get a Chu Jelly that restored my health all the way, but the next time I got careless and they throttled me and the ones I drank reduced my health all the way down to a quarter of a heart.  >_<  I also found the Ball and Chain useful in certain situations, but I didn't do too well against the Ice Soldiers (is that what they're called?) when there were several of them at once, so I plan to use the bomb arrows on them especially.  Death from above!  I think I'll survive next time, now if only there was a place to practice fighting Darknuts.  I think they could still slaughter me pretty well.  I hate when fighting two or more how I can't lure one away and focus on him, and even if that were somehow possible I'd probably jump back into the range of another so I should probably stop trying to, eh?  I still try to focus on one at a time, and the colours will help when fighting three but the one(s) I'm not targetting always seem to get in my way.  Do the colours suggest anything about the Darknuts themselves?  Is one stronger than another?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2006, 03:40:54 AM »
Why are the blue chus mentioned so much? What is their importance?

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2006, 07:02:51 AM »

Originally posted by: Caliban
Why are the blue chus mentioned so much? What is their importance?

I only ever scooped up the yellow and purple Chus (the equivalent of oil and random amount of health restored/depleted), but I would assume that red and blue Chus when put in a bottle are the equivalents of red and blue potions, both of which restore your health.

Is this really the kind of stuff that needs to be spoileriffied?

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2006, 08:20:15 AM »
Yeah, the blue chu restores all health.  I havent tried the red chu, but I assume that it would replenish 8 hearts like the red potion.  I didnt realize the yellow one was lantern oil though.  Also I tried the purple chu, and it gave me one heart, so I figured it wasnt worth it to keep them. Im glad now that I realize it is random

Your right Jon, probably nobody would care about spoilering this stuff, but its a good idea anyway, for all we know there might be somebody who wants to figure this out for themself.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2006, 09:10:39 AM »
Hey-ho, I just sauntered into the third dungeon after 20 hours this weekend.  I'm not far in yet, I hope I can play some tonight.  The Zora armour is cool.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2006, 11:44:31 AM »
Someone please tell me that there is a third armor before the end of the game.

Also the final hidden skill is sort of lame.  I wish it was actually shooting your sword.  Mortal Draw for the win Best hidden Skill.  Also Ball and Chain Best non-standard Weapon.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.