Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 346897 times)

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #425 on: May 26, 2006, 10:35:01 PM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure
and how come now one has suggest Zero (from mega man X and not mega man zero)!??!?!

Because it was stated 1-2 more third party characters are likely, and although Zero is cool, he isn't really as representive as Megaman and it seems unlikely that they would pursue him.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #426 on: May 26, 2006, 10:44:03 PM »
Konami loves cross-overs and Konami sees Simon Belmont as representing Castlevania (he did in Wai Wai World and World Fighters, he was a secret character in Harmony of Dissonance, etc). Unless Nintendo told Konami that they get only one character, I'd count on Simon Belmont to be in there. I'm sure Konami would have loved to add the moai they add to EVERY crossover game they make (who can blame them, Moais are freaking cool) but I don't think Nintendo let them do that. Perhaps a Gradius shield, option or powerup as an item?

As for Megaman, I feel Inafune is the critical factor here. I don't know what he thinks of the Wii but he seems to be a Sony fan and I have my doubts that he'd okay Megaman in SĀ²BĀ². Well, they could still ask Konami for the man who destroys worlds barechested (Lance from Contra).

Zero is a secondary character so of course noone's going to suggest him unless Capcom got the choice to add two characters. Megaman is more important. Zero would fit better into Smash Bros because he's a melee character but he's just not important enough. If this was a great culmination of franchises then yes, Zero would deserve a spot but Smash Brothers is Nintendo first and foremost.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #427 on: May 26, 2006, 10:44:17 PM »
Zero = Shadow
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #428 on: May 27, 2006, 11:25:07 AM »
If Mega Man is in the game.  I would do something like Mega Man from Mega Man 3.  

One special could be the leaf shield and attack.

One Special could be a gust of wind, that when he is in that air propels him upwards.

One Special could be he blaster and charge shot.

Last Special move could be the gemini lasers and they can bonus off of walls and such.

I think this would make Mega Man be a fun addition to the game.

Also not duck normal attack could be his traditional slide move.

And on his Mega Man level you could have it based on something like Snake Man's level and have that Snake Robot occassionally attack...and those disappearing/reappearing floating blocks be used as platforms throughout the level (albet they last longer on screen.)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 27, 2006, 09:06:28 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
If Mega Man is in the game.  I would do something like Mega Man from Mega Man 3.  

One special could be the leaf shield and attack.

One Special could be a gust of wind, that when he is in that air propels him upwards.

One Special could be he blaster and charge shot.

no. just no..... we want mega man to be cool, not the same fighter he was in marvel vs capcom.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 27, 2006, 09:19:28 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
Question is, WHICH Mega Man are we talking about here? Haven't there been several over the years?

I don't think the word "several" can be used to describe the sheer number of Mega Man games.

My suggestion, the soccer ball from Mega Man Soccer.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 27, 2006, 09:40:33 PM »
I'd say they should stay with Meggy 1 weapons, those are the most recognizeable.

I wonder if it'll support multiple meshes with appropriate voices for the same character (as opposed to skins, those only affect textures) so they could get rid of clones and make them part of another character (while also giving Daisy a more distinct look). Then I'd vote Snake->Raiden, Megaman->Roll and Simon Belmont->Julius Belmont (or Alucard but that guy has a different fighting style). The latter only because we don't have nearly enough people in their 50s in the game.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 28, 2006, 12:52:04 AM »
I've always thought Mega Man would be a cool character to have in SSB.  I've only really played games in the X series, but I don't really care whether they were to stick him or the original in the game.  It'd be cool to have both of them via diferent models for the character, if they did happen to include that feature.  Maybe Protoman could be a third.  I always thought he looked cool, even though I don't really know much about him. :b
GOREGASM!

« Reply #433 on: May 28, 2006, 08:04:04 AM »
OK ok, this is a long topic, and I dident read all of it, so forgive me if what I will say has been touched on already.

I see we are currently discussing MegaMan.  He was one of the first 3rd party characters I would want to see in SSB:B.  I think they should either use the classic NES Megaman or Megaman X without armor upgrades.  As far as a move set goes, I think it would be really cool to have Megaman use his Kirby-like ability to copy powers.  Megaman's color would change accordingly, just as he did in his own games.  Copy Link, and get some kind of arrow or boomerang shot, copy Pikachu and have an electrical shot, and so on.  Try as much as possibly to disgunish him away from Kirby, so that, if Kirby recived Boomerang from Link, Megaman would recive Arrow Shot.  And, just as in the the classic games, you would have to beat the character to recive their powers.  Such as.  When you start each match as normal Megaman, both A and B would would do the same Mega Buster.  But each time you defeat a player using the B move, their power is added to your abilities.  Every time you defeat a diffrent character using B you gain thier power and rather than replacing the old one, like Kirby, you keep it and can cycle between them, but you loose all the powers you have gained each time you die.

Yeah, I'm bored so I'm just randomly coming up with stuff.

As far as other 3rd parties go, I think Japanese 3rd parties have the more likley chance to have their characters added.

Sega  -  Sonic
Capcom  -  Megaman
Konami  -  Solid Snake & Simon Belmont
Squarenix  -  Cloud
Hudson Soft  -  Bomberman  (I cant see him as the best character, but it is possible considering the Virtual Consoled deal between them an Nintendo)
Namco Bandai  -  ???  sombody from Soul Calibur maybe?  Pac-man?  lol
SNK  -  Metal Slug and King of Fighters are the only notable games I can think of...
Taito  -  Bub and Bob???

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #434 on: May 28, 2006, 09:25:18 AM »

Originally posted by: Switchblade Cross
As far as other 3rd parties go, I think Japanese 3rd parties have the more likley chance to have their characters added.

Sega  -  Sonic
Capcom  -  Megaman
Squarenix  -  Cloud
Hudson Soft  -  Bomberman  (I cant see him as the best character, but it is possible considering the Virtual Consoled deal between them an Nintendo)
SNK  -  Metal Slug and King of Fighters are the only notable games I can think of...
Taito  -  Bub and Bob???

Don't forget that they said there would probably only be about "1-2 other" third party characters, and that they had to have been released in a Nintendo game before. Cloud was in Chain of Memories for the GBA... but that's about it, so I wouldn't expect him. Of the ones listed, Sonic, Megaman, Simon and Bomberman seem like standing the greatest chance of filling those spots.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

« Reply #435 on: May 28, 2006, 09:41:51 AM »

Originally posted by: Arbok

Don't forget that they said there would probably only be about "1-2 other" third party characters, and that they had to have been released in a Nintendo game before. Cloud was in Chain of Memories for the GBA... but that's about it, so I wouldn't expect him. Of the ones listed, Sonic, Megaman, Simon and Bomberman seem like standing the greatest chance of filling those spots.

Oh no, I dont expect half of these.  As I said, I belive Japanese 3rd parties have the most likley chance of being included, so I was just randomly spitting out games/characters of companies that came to mind.  But, the 4 characters Sonic, Megaman, Simon and Bomberman, are also, in my opinion, the most likley suspects.   Actually, those make more sence than Snake ever will.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #436 on: May 28, 2006, 10:07:45 AM »
Easycure:  That isn't the exact same character from the Marvel vs. Capcom.  It is similar but not the same.  Besides, he wouldn't play the same, because Smash Brothers isn't your typical fighting game.  I think those moves would have been different from feeling like other Smash Brother characters, yet also fit the design of the game.

I thought about Mega Man 1 characters, but Mega Man 1 wasn't nearly as creative or cool as Mega Man 2 or 3.  

I guess you could change it.

B) Mega Blaster/Charge shot (This is a given)

B Forward) Cut Blade (Fires and arcs around Megaman like a Boomerang of sorts.)

B Down) Leaf Shied (This is a very definative power from Mega Man 3 and is just super cool.)  Press Down B to activate.  The leafs disappear when they take damage, but Mega Man can press B and shoot them off towards an opponent.

B UP) Tornado Attack (Yes this game was from Marvel vs. Capcom, but it really works in Smash Brothers.  It adds a short Pop up attack for combos, and can be used for this 3rd jump...unless you don't want him to have a third jump.

Other Moves:

Down A) Performs his trademark slide attack.  Hold down A to slide longer, and you can use it to slide past traps quickly or slide past opposing characters.

Power Swap Throw)  One of Mega Man's throws should allow him to swap out regular B attack with another characters.  This move will change Mega Man's color and he will have the power a predetermined number of shots before switching back.  Similar to Kirby but, does not get to keep it until death.  Also like Kirby you can taunt to lose the power.

This Mega Man character would rock in Smash Brothers environment...and is the best likely means of representing him.

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 28, 2006, 05:53:13 PM »
I like that copy idea.  How would the leaf shield balance, though?  What's to stop someone from using it over and over again and becoming invincible?
GOREGASM!

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #438 on: May 28, 2006, 08:31:05 PM »

Originally posted by: Smoke39
I like that copy idea.  How would the leaf shield balance, though?  What's to stop someone from using it over and over again and becoming invincible?

Going off the idea, Megaman could still be stunned when his leaf shield takes a hit (so they just prevent damage), and if the player manages to destroy all of the leaves it could have an effect similar to having the shield broken with a stun left afterwards (perhaps an even longer stun type effect to balance it out). Overall, it shouldn't be too hard to balance if they wanted to use it, or the character.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 28, 2006, 09:13:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Switchblade Cross

Sega  -  Sonic
Capcom  -  Megaman
Squarenix  -  Cloud
Taito  -  Bub and Bob???

Heh, I think Sonic and a Belmont are no-brainers, but we'll see. Pac-man might be interesting. However, from SquareEnix, I'm thinking of a Chocobo. It'd be different and comical, sort of like Jigglypuff or Pichu. If not a Chocobo, how 'bout a Moogle? Montblanc anyone?

On Nintendo characters, it may have been said before, but an alternative form of Mario might be fun... yes, I speak of 8-bit Mario. When he gets to around 150% damage, he can transform to little mario for an extra wrinkle in strategy.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 28, 2006, 09:43:28 PM »
I'd think a Chocobo would work like a Pokemon or one of the summon Chocobos in FF - just shows up, kicks a few times, and runs away.  It would be hard to pick another FF character, but I would almost bet on something more classic like a Black Mage.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Michael8983

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 28, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »
Sonic is a definite. Naki said long ago he was open to him appearing in a Smash Bros title.

Pacman is very likely. Afterall Nintendo made Pac Man Vs and Pacman and related characters appear in Namco's arcade version of Mario Kart.

As unlikely as it may have been a few years back, I think it's very likely now that we'll see Cloud or another popular Final Fantasy character in the game. A Dragon Quest character too. Square-Enix seems to love the Wii and Brawl's music is being composed by a man famous for composing for Final Fantasy.

I think if another Konami character appears it's more likely to be Goemon than Belmont.

We can't forget Bomberman either. Bomberman crossed over with the Mario universe when he went bomb-to-bomb with Wario on the Gameboy afterall. I could even see Bonk making an appearance, afterall his game was included in the demo for the virtual console.

I would love to see Megaman more than almost any other third-party character but he's not as likely as one would suspect. Unlike most of the other characters, neither Nintendo nor any of its second parties have ever in any way been involved with a Megaman title.

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 28, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Michael8983
I think if another Konami character appears it's more likely to be Goemon than Belmont.

That would excite me as much as learning of Ness' inclusion in the original.  Sasuke's my favorite, but any Goemon character in SSBB would be awesome.  Goemon games have such a great sense of humor, it's a shame so few of them get localized. ):
GOREGASM!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 29, 2006, 04:46:42 AM »
I think for Megaman up+B should summon Rush, that's what Meggy uses to gain extra height all the time.
The slide should be his dodge move, much more fitting.

As for Bomberman, I wonder. Does Hudson have any big source of income besides Mario Party? They seem to be kinda indebted to Nintendo.

I'd say Belmont is more likely than Goemon, they didn't even bother to put that guy into World Fighters. They did have that Jikkyou baseball dude, Simon Belmont, Twinbee, Snake and Moai in World Fighters but no Goemon.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 29, 2006, 06:54:39 AM »
Chronos?

Frog swordsmans dual special attack?
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 29, 2006, 07:39:01 AM »
As an old-timer I just kind of think of Simon Belmont and Mega Man as the classic third-party Nintendo characters.  Of course, times have changed a lot since then.  One other I'd like to see, but it's also very unlikely, is Ryu Hayabusa.

Bomberman and Pac-Man both make a lot of sense in terms of recent partnerships, that's for sure.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 29, 2006, 09:18:18 AM »
Chronos?

Don't you think a titan that took three high level gods to kill may be a tad too much for a brawler?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #447 on: May 29, 2006, 01:31:13 PM »
Arbok:  Good idea about the Leaf shield.  Also, the Leaf shield has gaps between the shield and could have shots go through the blasts.

The leaf shield would protect you, but to shoot it away you have to press B which means you lose one of your special moves...you could make the person lose all their special moves requiring you to shot the leafs away before you are able to make another special attack.

Another balance is that large explosions from Bob-bombs, and such would easily take out a few leafs at the same time...if not all of them.

I think balance could easily be reached...and still not completely cripple the power.  It would be a good weapon to use to close the gap inbetween you and your opponent, or to retreat away from being eliminated from the match.

KDR:  Your Slide dodge move idea is perfect as well.  It fits exactly what I wanted Mega Man to do with the slide, move past characters and set up an attack.

Everyone is coming up with great ideas for Mega Man, now I wonder if we actually have a chance to see this character in the game.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 29, 2006, 02:23:49 PM »
Anyone else think one of the third party characters might be Banjo or Kazooie or both together in some kind of mind blowing formation called Banjo-Kazooie. After all, Rare is a third party now, owned by Microsoft. Plus, they were pretty big on the 64.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 29, 2006, 07:28:18 PM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
Anyone else think one of the third party characters might be Banjo or Kazooie or both together in some kind of mind blowing formation called Banjo-Kazooie. After all, Rare is a third party now, owned by Microsoft. Plus, they were pretty big on the 64.

You just explained why they won't be in Brawl.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown