Author Topic: Wow, Sony is Making Nintendo Look Good (Also a little E3 conjecture that comes from this)  (Read 7687 times)

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
same here, unfortunately i think i picked up my 2nd Black Nintendo memory card a month before the release of that white one, i forget the sizes of each but im sure someone here knows what im talkin about.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
251. 1019.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Freyr

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820211029&ATT=20-211-029&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820211319&ATT=20-211-319&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000B6MLRS/sr=8-1/qid=1141353400/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-4310697-3485734?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

Let see $35 for 64MB with xbox 360 or $65 for 1GB with revolution. I'll go with the revolution on this one.

What I wish nintendo would do is add a ESATA port. Plug in any SATA drive and have it run at full speed unlike USB or Firewire external drives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESATA#External_SATA

I think one of the main reason they want to use flash memory instead of a harddrive is the noise factor. Harddrives can be really really load. Also one of the reasons the orignal XBox was a blackhole of money was because of the harddrive.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
SD cards instead of an internal HDD just makes far more sense.

1. They don't have sectors or heads so they'll fail a hell of a lot less.
2. They don't use electricity like a HDD will.
3. You can carry a handful of them in your pocket and they'll still weigh less than a 20GB HDD and they'd hold more data.
4. The place the option of storage in the hands of the player.

The only downside I can see is that, were I a hacker, I'd figure out a way to dump Rev games to the SD card after not too long (if they're small enough, which in this case is 4GB or less) or copy all of the games I've bought from their online store to it and then give them to my friends on the internet.

The problem is, when you give consumers options, you also inevitably give hackers options. The xbox was notoriously easy to hack and basically equated $500 worth of hardware for $200, and when you know MS loses a pile of money one each one, it's a great reason to pick one up.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

*heh, igonre me.  I stupidly answered a post that was already given an answer.  Thats what I get for not reading the whole thread.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile

"It's not finished" was never a reason for Sony not to release it now.

Isn't that how the Ps1/2 ended up selling more units than there are people in the world?  
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
I thoughtit was because evryone who bought a Playstation had to by at least two or three cuz they aleays break down so much. I remeber I have had liek what five PS1s ever since its relese and I always have tobuy new oens cuz they always break or crap out after a while. I have NEVER had a Nintendo system do that, well ok NEs was a pain in the ass sometimes but if you cleaned it out and repaired to connectors it was easy to fix, playstations arent as easy to fix.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"