Author Topic: Mr. Driller DS and Pac Pix Official Sites Open  (Read 4360 times)

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mr. Driller DS and Pac Pix Official Sites Open
« on: October 01, 2004, 09:04:30 AM »
Mr. Driller DS and Pac Pix Official Sites Open.  Both are the Japanese sites, but this shows the games will probably be launch titles in Japan and quite possibly NA as well.  Pac Pix  Mr. Driller DS

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Mr. Driller DS and Pac Pix Official Sites Open
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 12:10:23 PM »
Wagga wagga!

I didn't expect to see Pac Pix as a standalone game. I don't know how this will hold up over any significant play time when you're just running around a piece of paper. Maybe I'll pick up Pac Pix Vs. :¬]

Genre: The hand drawing action

Those are always funny.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 12:20:09 PM »
Pac Pix looks cool but like Renny said it doesn't look like it has enough lasting power to be it's own standalone product.  They should include the original Pac-Man (and hopefully Ms. Pac-Man as well) to add more to it.  There's no Pac-Man comp on the DS so they might as well tie the titles in together.  They could include Pac-Man Vs as well which would translate to the DS pretty well.

Offline Kirby_PopStar

• Touches Nintendo DS at night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 05:57:38 PM »
Pac Pix looks so different than when I played it at E3... I liked the old look of the ghosts better, I think. I wonder how they managed to make it a full game, I really do... x_x;
Famicom Commemorate -- Coming Soon!

Offline Kunoichi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 06:52:38 PM »
I think the two pac Man games being made, the picture one, and the 3-d one should be put in the same game. I think I'm gonna get Mr. Diller at launch, seems pretty cool.  

Offline Kirby_PopStar

• Touches Nintendo DS at night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 02:23:06 PM »
You mean Pac'n'Roll, and Pac-Pix? Yeah, the ideal game would be Pac-Man DS! It could have Pac-Pix, Pac'n'Rollm and a Nintendo DS adaptation of Pac-Man VS. *beam*

But, depending on the price point of Nintendo DS game right now, having Pac-Pix by itself could be just fine. If the prices of Nintendo DS games are low (which they should be), gamers will buy more games. Imagine going to your local game store and leaving with 3 or 4 Nintendo DS games in one shot. Also, Nintendo Power magazine can include demos, since the new media (the game cards) are cheap enough to produce. They can keep the price low and still proft, yet, they can also not worry about giving demos away in promotion.
Famicom Commemorate -- Coming Soon!

Offline Kunoichi

• View Profile
RE:Mr. Driller DS and Pac Pix Official Sites Open
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 09:42:10 PM »
   I plan on leaving EB Gmaes with 6 DS games, lol, thats if they aren't expenisve.  

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 05:20:41 AM »
GCN discs are cheap, but we don't see many demos. I guess it would be easier to create demos for these types of games, but Nintendo doesn't seem too motivated. Maybe things will be different this time.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 02:16:59 PM »
We will find out tomorrow the price of games right?  Or would it be very late tonight since it's like already tomorrow in Japan?  Anyways I've heard for months now that DS games will cost $35 so if your planning on walking out the store with 3-4, you're gonna need alotta moola.  

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 03:25:12 PM »
We'll find out on thursday october 7th.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 04:28:57 PM »
okay hehehe I got it confused with another date I needed to remember, when my homework assignment is due, good thing I already did it.