Author Topic: Dear PartyBear and Yawnz (don't know your forum name)  (Read 6203 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Dear PartyBear and Yawnz (don't know your forum name)
« on: March 26, 2008, 10:02:06 PM »
Thank you for giving me my first friends match! I had a great time, despite the lagtastic servers, and wanted to say good match.

Also, I wanted to say I'm sorry if I came off as a douche. I set my taunt messages up a long time ago, and forgot what they all were. Then, when I used them, at the wrong times I might add, they came out as "totally arrogant w/ a hint of lousy jerk" (at least to horrified me). Let me restate what they're supposed to mean, if you will...

"Another?!" This one doesn't refer to me getting "Another KO?!". It was meant to say, "Another match?!" I'm supposed to use this at the end of the match, not when I've just KO'd someone.

"Nice, but you suck." Again, I used this right after I KO'd someone, and that changed the tone quite a bit, understandably. It was meant to be used after someone else KO'd me and I had just respawned. :-[

Also, Pikachu is my main, and I chose him again after I won the first match to follow the "if you win, choose the same character again so the other players can have a chance at revenge" rule. The next game, I chose Pit, but then you both dropped out. And I can't blame you. Not only was it laggy as frick, but I, for all intents and purposes, appeared to be a total douche. For my games after that with Stevey and Caliban and Traag (btw, good games to you guys!), I went totally random.

So, hopefully you'll play with me again sometime. I promise to adjust my taunts so they can't be misconstrued anymore!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Dear PartyBear and Yawnz (don't know your forum name)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 08:07:22 AM »
Disclaimer (I am not PartyBear or Yawnz)

I disagree.  I would think nothing of you if you picked the same character for two matches in a row.  Now lag on the other hand is a different story.  I'm guessing (once again don't have the hardware to sniff wireless) that friend matches are actually hosted by one person.  So the host will see less lag than the rest.  Basically what I'm trying to say is that if you were hosting and saw lag, chances are high it was even worse for the other players.

As an example.  A friend and I were playing a match without much lag, and GP joined in.  We both noticed it become more choppy and figured it was even worse for GP.  He dropped two matches later.  Their meter when I exited to the lobby was red, further reinforcing the fact that lag was likely the culprit.

Of course they may only have time for a few matches as well :)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »
Actually, I was going to come on here today and congratulate you on your skill at playing with 3 second lag, and try to work that into a Yo Mama dig somehow.  Not because you came across as a jerk, but because I'm a jerk.   :)  Yawnz is a friend of mine in Real LifeTM, but I'll send him your message.

We were experimenting to see how bad our connection would be across town, and let me tell you, it didn't get any worse when you joined.  Sorry to drop out on you, but we were on the phone together and decided it would be better if he came over instead.  A little later it finally occurred to me that I have DSL, and being on the phone cuts my connection speed in half, so we played some more with very little lag.  Nobody else was online at that point, unfortunately.  It was fun, but not being able to talk to each other was a bit of a downer.  The convenience is certainly nice, though.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to doing it again when the lag isn't so bad I simply drive the landmaster right off the stage.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 11:46:55 AM »
Anyway, I'm looking forward to doing it again when the lag isn't so bad I simply drive the landmaster right off the stage.

^^This was awesome.^^ :D

(In your defense, that stage isn't well suited to that Final Smash :P )
Twitter

• Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 12:57:27 PM »
Considering that later on that night I was able to fly the landmaster underneath Pokemon Stadium and back up onto the stage again, it's amazing I was able to even stand still successfully with that much lag.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 02:03:37 PM »
I think this was the game I was rejected from (the irony...).

But if the lag was as bad as you say, I'm sure I would've turned the game into a slideshow anyhow.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

• Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 02:19:48 PM »
I didn't reject anyone, if that's the irony you're talking about.  Maybe you tried to join at the same time we quit or something.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 03:31:54 PM »
I didn't reject anyone, if that's the irony you're talking about.  Maybe you tried to join at the same time we quit or something.

The irony is that he has been rejecting people because he is either tourney training or brawling with old friends.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

• Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 03:54:05 PM »
Decoyman, my friend said to thank you for taking the time to clear things up, and he appreciated it.  Personally, I didn't think anything of your taunts, but I get the feeling he was a little bit miffed by it at the time since he didn't know you at all.

Also, he was using just the Wii remote.  It really was spur of the moment.  We were on the phone and decided to exchange friend codes, then decided to test the connection while we were already there.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 05:00:39 PM »
I hear that. I thought I was appearing douche-like with my taunt-timing and their ambiguous natures.

The first time, I was like, "Ah, man, these guys are gonna think I'm a total jerk." Then the second time I tried a different taunt, and I was like, "Oh, crap, that's even worse!" so I decided not to use anymore taunts. I like to use them because it's our only way to communicate, but, you know, they didn't really work out how I meant:P
Twitter

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 11:51:49 PM »
I hope people don't think anything of my taunts.  I forget which is which half the time.  I once triggered "Last match for me" in the first match I was playing and then "Heh" instead of "Good Game" at the end of another match.  Clearly those send different message :)

• Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »
I have the same problem.  That's why two of my taunts are just silly smilies and one is blank.  Unfortunately, I made one say "Gotta go" to let people know when I can't play anymore, and then I hit it on accident every other match.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 11:06:13 AM »
THANK YOU NINTENDO FOR SCREWING UP ALL OUR FRIENDSHIPS. NOW WE'RE ALL JERKS OR LIARS BECAUSE WE CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH TAUNT IS WHICH.
Twitter

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 03:28:25 PM »
Why were both PartyBear and Dasmos viewing this thread today?  Maybe PartyBear is just a bit egotistical.  But why Dasmos?  Is he stalking PartyBear?  Is he Yawnz?  The world may never know.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 03:35:23 PM »
As I alluded to here, it was a matter of me playing around with Who's Online, seeing decoyman in here, and being egotistical enough to wonder why.  Then I went back to Who's Online and saw that my curiosity had made you curious, and then I laughed.  The end.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 03:40:47 PM by UltimatePartyBear »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 03:38:01 PM »
But what about DASMOS?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 03:41:30 PM »
I never saw Dasmos.  Maybe he really is a stalker.  Or maybe you really saw decoyman and just got a little confused.

Edit:  Uh oh.  Now Pro's reading this.  The conspiracies just keep spiraling out of control.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 03:43:43 PM by UltimatePartyBear »

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 04:47:13 PM »
Ahaha, oh man.

Actually, it's appropriate that you're wondering, because this is your fault, vudu. I read in your post in the "fix the dang site" thread, and decided to try the Threads button that you said was borked and Pale said was fine, and wound up looking through my old topics I'd created (not many). Popped in here because the thread title confused me, then was re-amused with the SSBB antics.
Twitter

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 05:56:40 PM »
LOL, I thought this thread just appeared and was new until I looked at the post dates and now you drug me into it as well.

It also makes me want to play Brawl again. (*SNIFF* I miss my internet...)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast