Author Topic: Is Open World Enough for Zelda?  (Read 9815 times)

Offline Black Jackal

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Is Open World Enough for Zelda?
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 03:56:07 AM »
Id like to see them handle combat in the way dark souls does where beating the enemy is a matter of understanding it and not just running up to it and slashing away.
Bring back paper mario!

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2014, 08:35:29 AM »
Id like to see them handle combat in the way dark souls does where beating the enemy is a matter of understanding it and not just running up to it and slashing away.
Some of the bosses are like that, but not all.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 10:01:25 AM »
There was some of that in the Original Zelda.  I just don't want to make the Trash to difficult.  I personally hate when there is trash that is much more difficult than the actual boss.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2014, 10:48:10 AM »
Isn't that what Skyward Sword did?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2014, 10:52:19 AM »
Speaking of which, Nintendo is at a crossroads. They can either use the WIipad or the Wiimote for control, but they can't do both. No matter what you think of Skyward Sword as a game, you must admit that the controls were spectacular. And they can either continue perfecting them or simply forgo them.

Unless there is something so amazing about controlling Link with the Wiipad, I would hate for them to end what SS started.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Eiksirf

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2014, 01:32:53 PM »
I didn't play Skyward Sword, but I'm about half way through the 3DS Link Between Worlds game, and the handheld team is halfway towards this open world design already.

Right from the start, you can roam to most parts of the map (although you have to go around a wall of trees to an entry point instead of going being able to enter through the outer forest, I suppose) and there is a decent amount of side quests to take up between dungeons including fetch quests and collect-a-thons. You can just explore the area looking for secrets, too, and these are all things that I normally associate with open world games.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2014, 02:07:05 PM »
Speaking of which, Nintendo is at a crossroads. They can either use the WIipad or the Wiimote for control, but they can't do both. No matter what you think of Skyward Sword as a game, you must admit that the controls were spectacular. And they can either continue perfecting them or simply forgo them.

Unless there is something so amazing about controlling Link with the Wiipad, I would hate for them to end what SS started.
Personally, I also loved the control scheme on skyward sword I'd love to see that as at least an option on the new one.

Offline Black Jackal

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 12:01:45 AM »
I dont want it to be super difficult either, I just think that if you dont have a chance to die to enemies then the combat is window dressing. As for skyward sword making the combat understanding based I highly disagree. You can waggle quickly and overwhelm most enemies. The only enemies I remember posing a challenge were  the stalfos and lizafos and even then how many of us actually get killed by them the second or third time we see them? The wii remote plus isnt able to track the movement fast enough. Im sure they would make it more difficult if the hardware supported it.
Bring back paper mario!