Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) Release Date and Info  (Read 2291 times)

Offline perry

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) Release Date and Info
« on: June 13, 2017, 05:13:00 AM »

Maybe it will be released this year after all.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/44813/xenoblade-chronicles-2-switch-release-date-and-info

During Nintendo's E3 spotlight Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was reconfirmed to launch this year, officially slated for Holiday 2017

Nintendo released a brand new trailer showcasing new characters and landscapes. The game appears to feature airships, vehicles and a brand new cast of playable characters.

Of course the Nintendo Switch seems like an ideal platform for this JRPG, and fans of the original Xenoblade Chronicles should be excited for it seems that this sequel is returning to it's roots, unlike the 2015 Wii U installment, Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) Release Date and Info
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 12:50:45 PM »
Soooo hyped, this year as well! Going to have to get myself a switch.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »
His pants though

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »
The October date for Super Mario Odyssey makes it seem more likely to me that Xenoblade 2 will make 2017. Otherwise, what would be the big November/December release?

Sometimes the game feels a bit too anime though. The girl that was nominally dressed in red was interesting. :p I always wonder how the Treehouse crew reacts when they're localizing something that is almost too stereotypically Japanese.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 01:13:39 PM »
Is the "holiday 2017" timeframe just for Japan, or are they actually shooting for a US release then too?

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 06:34:35 PM »
I agree with ShyGuy. The pants look terrible.

The art style is a bit odd - kind of wish the protagonist looked older than 13, and there are some moments when art design felt inconsistent... but that's really just me trying to find reasons to complain so that I don't run out and buy a Switch right now from excitement.

Xenoblade X was kind of a disappointment. Not that it's bad, but it clearly wasn't the Xenoblade follow-up I wanted. This true sequel looks really good and has me more excited about an upcoming game than I've been in a long time.
NNID: ejamer

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 12:56:25 AM »
At first blush, the art style looks somewhat similar to BOTW-- not identical, but similar enough for me to guess that its running on the same engine as BOTW.

With that said, one of the few nitpicks I had with Chronicles X was that its systems were too various and too complicated, and not in a particularly transparent or intuitive way.   In terms of complexity, I think the first Xenoblade was my limit for JRPG systems, and the whole color of arts/topple/etc. thing made much more sense than the expanded version in Chronicles X.

I also hope that they tone down items you find in the overworld, and make the crafting much more understandable.   In BOTW, most of the crafting/cooking made actual sense, and it was far better to actual see a cricket or a radish flower and then to grab it.   No more of these random blue dots in the landscape.

[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline fred13

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 01:34:21 AM »
Xenoblade Chronicles is my all time favorite game.
Xenoblade X is an incredible game.
Breath of the Wild is my 2nd all time favorite game (Monolith helped with BOTW)
How can I be anything but excited about Xenoblade 2 (even though I hate the art style)

I keep hearing people say they are tempted to go out and but a Switch...
Where are you going to go to find this proverbial Switch?
At least where I live they can't be found and Best Buy employees keep telling me that people are lined to at the door every day when they open so that they can ask "are there are any Switches today"
No need to worry about losing control and buying a Switch on a whim

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 11:37:26 AM »
Crap...saw the Treehouse stream...yup, we're still going to have blue dots for collectibles. 
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!