Author Topic: Episode 686: Apocalypse BOGO  (Read 1515 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 686: Apocalypse BOGO
« on: August 16, 2020, 01:26:00 PM »

You want locust? We got 'em! Drought? Famine? How about fire tornadoes and hostile winds? In stock. Today.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/54617/episode-686-apocalypse-bogo

Guillaume is playing ancient stuff, with Planescape: Torment. It's like a visual novel but less user friendly. He still likes it. Greg is still ranking fighters to Elite Smash but he's also taking a look at the Switch port of Doom 64. Jon is still playing Mega Man X, and he's stuck. So instead, he's diving into Darksiders Genesis, and Metro 2033 Redux. James is kind of playing Murder By Numbers. It's too much like work and all the characters blow.

After the break we have an actual Lords of Thunder round. This week we: find non-anime RPGs on Switch, search for clues about Ace Attorney, answer a question in Esperanto or something about Fire Emblem, field some Wario Land HOT TAKES, and pick our favorite "twists" in gaming.

You can send your questions here, but it's probably broken anyway.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 686: Apocalypse BOGO
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 10:55:48 AM »
Disco Elysium is considered a modern equivalent to Torment. No idea when those console ports are coming tho.

I remember the fool's errand of trying to bind every one of Turok 2's 30-ish weapons to a different key back in the day just because I was used to directly selecting guns in other PC shooters. I think you need three rows of keys to make that work.

BTW, you can use the money bullets in Metro if your gun accepts the right kind of ammo. IIRC you have to hold the reload button to load those. They're supposedly more powerful.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 11:19:39 AM by KDR_11k »

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 04:28:48 PM »
Im glad my email was able to spark some interesting Ace Attorney discussion.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 09:44:57 PM »
BTW, you can use the money bullets in Metro if your gun accepts the right kind of ammo. IIRC you have to hold the reload button to load those. They're supposedly more powerful.

Cool. They sorta allude to that early, but never really tell you that outright (at least where I'm at).
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog