Author Topic: FIRST REV SCREENSHOT SCANS!!!!!  (Read 126643 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Red Steel Topic, new details added!
« Reply #450 on: July 19, 2006, 04:47:50 PM »
These are the jokes people come on and laugh.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Red Steel Topic, new details added!
« Reply #451 on: July 19, 2006, 06:30:29 PM »
I openly admit that was terrible, but I think I redeemed myself in the PS3 OR thread.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 20, 2006, 11:55:13 AM »
The more I hear about Red Steel, the more I want the game to succeed.

For starters, Ubi took a gamble when they jumped in with both feet on the Wii: Red Steel is a fully budgeted development project and no doubt is taking up monetary resources which they could have put toward a much safer 360 FPS or Splinter Cell title.

Second, Ubi is noted as being the ONLY 3rd party who has jumped onto the Wii wagon with a brand new untested franchise.

Third, if RS does well, it would remove that stigma behind 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles and the belief that only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo consoles.

Any way you slice it, Ubi was willing to bank a lot on Nintendo's success, something most other 3rd parties were hesitant to do or still haven't done.

Simply put, every bit of success that Ubi experiences will be one more slap in the face to all of the 3rd parties who dismissed Nintendo and their new ideas.

It's a strange way of looking at it, but I guess you might say that Ubi and I bet on the same horse.  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 20, 2006, 12:15:30 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
The more I hear about Red Steel, the more I want the game to succeed.

For starters, Ubi took a gamble when they jumped in with both feet on the Wii: Red Steel is a fully budgeted development project and no doubt is taking up monetary resources which they could have put toward a much safer 360 FPS or Splinter Cell title.

Second, Ubi is noted as being the ONLY 3rd party who has jumped onto the Wii wagon with a brand new untested franchise.

Third, if RS does well, it would remove that stigma behind 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles and the belief that only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo consoles.

Any way you slice it, Ubi was willing to bank a lot on Nintendo's success, something most other 3rd parties were hesitant to do or still haven't done.

Simply put, every bit of success that Ubi experiences will be one more slap in the face to all of the 3rd parties who dismissed Nintendo and their new ideas.

It's a strange way of looking at it, but I guess you might say that Ubi and I bet on the same horse.

I agree 100%, if the game turns out to be good (doesn't even need to be great) then I hope it sells well. In the past couple of generations, companies have relied mainly on multiplatform games for Nintendo systems, and thus they ended up doing poorly. With Ubi's gamble, this could show that Nintendo buyers are indeed interested in 3rd parties, as long as they are good, hopefully exclusive titles. I'll admit I'm one who usually bought Nintendo only games for N64 and GC, but that was mainly because of the lack of many good exclusive titles (Harvest Moon and RE4 are one of the few 3rd parties I have purchased for GC). Anyway I am rooting for Ubisoft all the way, if they can turn out a great product that sells (which I think it will if it is a quality game) it could help solidify Wii as a top contender, maybe even number 1 since other companies will follow.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 20, 2006, 03:13:18 PM »
i think red steel definately has a chance to suceed and sell tons of copies as long as the control "issues" some people have had complaints about can be worked out. even if the game as a whole is mediocre, but the use of the wiimote as a gun is flawlessly executed, it has a chance for suceeding on those terms; ie killing the stigma mentioned before.

if just the controls get people talking it will have suceeded in my opinion, because everyone that isnt a nintendo fan boy would want to check it out. i think this is important because you know all of us nintendo loyalist will end up getting Prime 3, but to have a 'mature' third party game show off the controller can only be a good thing. it will show developers that games other than those made by nintendo could sell on nintendo systems. hell they might even learn that quality is the reason nintendo games sell better than third party andmight just put that type of polish on their own games. i have all faith that if red steel does well it will become a nintendo exclusive.

i bet if it does poorly they would rework the code and release it on ps3/360 just to have a new franchise to whore out on the systems people think all the good fps's are on.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 21, 2006, 11:29:33 AM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure i bet if it does poorly they would rework the code and release it on ps3/360 just to have a new franchise to whore out on the systems people think all the good fps's are on.

I am very much hoping that this is not its fate.

I'm buying RS and so is everyone else I know who is buying a Wii.

I strongly feel that MP3 and RS will offer two VERY different gameplay experiences, mainly because RS will feature an interactive storyline with possible branching paths and the like and lots of action fighting with quick reflexes and ammo conservation. MP3 will be more of a FP Adventure focusing on exploration and puzzle solving instead of outright FPS action.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 27, 2006, 08:52:59 AM »
Juex-France.com has new screens and artwork from Red Steel  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #457 on: July 27, 2006, 08:59:24 AM »
I am beginning to wish Ubisoft would delay the release of the game and actually put online gameplay in.  I think the game will be good, but the first FPS with online play on the Wii is going to sell HUGE.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #458 on: July 27, 2006, 09:16:13 AM »
HOLD IT

Those screens look like concept art IN MOTION rather than your usual bumpy-mapped plastic people gameplay!  Is it possible ubi's taking an artistic approach to graphics instead of "here's the latest gaffix engine, and here's how we textured everything to be like plastic or shiny metal even though there's not enough light in this scene and shadows are far more blackish in-game than in real-life cuz they should be cuz we say so and hey here's our dev kit you can make gaffix just like this too!"  
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 27, 2006, 10:49:49 AM »
Now, more than ever, I want to see how the new graphical style looks in motion.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 27, 2006, 10:55:43 AM »
teh new screenies! http://www.jeux-france.com/news16776_red-steel-se-presente.html

Sexy sexy, it looks like they improved the face on the sword fight opponent

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 27, 2006, 10:58:05 AM »
True, but I wouldn't call him "sexy sexy".

You can actually see the bags under his eyes and he has kind of a gut now.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #462 on: July 27, 2006, 11:32:53 AM »
Those chikus with the weapons -- THAT'S SEK-SEE.

And the soft shadows are a nice touch.  I never liked the hard, flat shadows "borrowed" from the PC game styles.  Even Kameo's shadows show up pixelated in close-range despite HD's infinite wisdom/resolution.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 27, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »
Really detailed face.  Not so detailed everywhere else.  Maybe they should spread the Detail around a little.  The face now looks out of place.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 27, 2006, 12:48:34 PM »
These screens are probably higher-def than I'll see on my 10+ year old TV, but the art style makes me drool. Go go ubisoft! I shall sign your praises!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 27, 2006, 06:30:10 PM »
The game is looking more and more generic as they take more "fan advice" and polish it up for the stupid media, why am I not surprised.

Offline cmoney

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 27, 2006, 06:44:54 PM »
Agreed. Just stick with the interface modifications, Ubi

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 27, 2006, 06:50:45 PM »
I can't wait to use my Wii on those geishas...Oh wait that's a different subject.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 27, 2006, 08:19:11 PM »

Originally posted by: cmoney
Agreed. Just stick with the interface modifications, Ubi

You realize Mario was being sarcastic right?

Oh wait, of course not. You wouldn't have agreed had you known.....

unless you were being sarcastic as well! *gasps*
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 27, 2006, 08:42:28 PM »
... hey mate, Red Steel has nothing to do with DS's failure to capture the Japanese market! I wasn't being sarcastic. I was one of the few really impressed with what I saw at E3, and it looks to be going in a different direction since then.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #470 on: July 27, 2006, 09:13:30 PM »
Yeah, downhill.

Faster than Tony Hawk.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 28, 2006, 12:05:10 AM »
Ok you Ian/Nemo type poster persons.  As soon as they announce the emo soundtrack by bands you've never heard of, this game will be GOLD.

Offline cmoney

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 28, 2006, 12:08:09 AM »
*chortle*

I know all about the sales sarcasm that IS mario. Long time lurker, people. Long time long time.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 28, 2006, 12:24:51 AM »
Now i'm totally lost. An emo soundtrack would probably be the only thing to totally kill my hype for this game.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #474 on: July 28, 2006, 02:26:18 AM »
A high-profile soundtrack provided by Nickelback.  And it'll get a lot of airtime on MTV and radio.