Author Topic: 3DS sent to Nintendo for Repair  (Read 4304 times)

3DS sent to Nintendo for Repair
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:11:55 PM »
Hey there so I recently sent in my 3DS to Nintendo for repair. When I check the UPS website it says delivered to the repair factory in Syracuse New York. It was signed by some guy named CROSS. When I check it on the Nintendo website it shows that they haven't received it yet. I'm getting very worried today is the 9th and it was delivered on the 8th to the repair shop in New York. This is the first time I sent something into Nintendo. If I get it replaced will my save data. Still be there and will I have to pay for the replacement if they cant fix my 3DS system. :'(
Nintendo Freak_Master Panda

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS sent to Nintendo for Repair
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:30:37 PM »
Wouldn't worry about it, I'm from Syracuse NY as well and they are pretty good about keeping your save files intact. 

What was wrong with the 3ds?  If it was negelated (dropping it/breaking it) then they won't fix it but if it's an manufacturing defect then it only takes them a week or less to fix.

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:58:24 PM »
I dropped it a couple times so I have to pay for the psychical charges. It won't turn on anymore I played KH 3D on it and it worked like a charm I let my friend play Pokemon it started acting all weird shutting off during sleep mode and not turning back on. When it charged it would light up then flicker right off I believe my KH 3D game killed it someone. The worked fine but the camera in the background was in different colors and all fuzzy looking.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 12:09:24 AM »
Cheer up Paws, you'll get your 3DS back!

My 3DS still hasn't been updated by Nintendo
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »
Okay so I checked my order status on Nintendo and it still says system due in we haven't recievedc your system yet I'm getting really really worried I don't understand it was delivered to the place in new york so why hasn't Nintendo updated their system. If it really is stolen I will be pissed as HELL T :'(

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »
I would recommend calling Nintendo and trying to get this whole thing sorted out. Keep any proof you have that says it was delivered and show this to Nintendo to let them know. I think if it really was stolen if you can show Nintendo this proof they should give you a new one. From everything I've heard, Nintendo seems to have really good customer service so call them and see if they can't get this thing sorted out for you.
is your sanity...

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 11:56:36 AM »
I agree with Chozo.  Give them a call.  Maybe there is something faulty with their online notification system.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 01:40:11 AM »

What was wrong with the 3ds?  If it was negelated (dropping it/breaking it) then they won't fix it but if it's an manufacturing defect then it only takes them a week or less to fix.

Well, that's only if you tell them that you dropped it.   I guess it depends on the type of damage, but I dropped my DSi XL a while ago and it broke the R1 button (when you pressed it, it wouldn't depress after).   I explained this problem to NOA, but I *FORGOT* the part of me dropping it onto a hardwood floor.   3 weeks later, completely fixed, and NOA paid for the shipping to and from.  Nice.

And I wouldn't feel guilty about this sin of omission.  I mean, you're not going to suddenly stop giving Nintendo your disposable income anytime soon, are you?  I sure haven't.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!