Author Topic: Official Assassin's Creed Thread  (Read 1957 times)

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
Official Assassin's Creed Thread
« on: May 12, 2006, 12:05:18 PM »
This game is going to own the next generation of PS3 games including MSG4.  Think Prince of Persia, but on a much grander scale...and a better storyline.  This is one of those contendors for E3 2006 Game of the Show.
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline cmoney

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Official Assassin's Creed Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 05:46:53 PM »
Fairly sure real assassins don't work on a grand scale.  

Offline Griffin

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 11:02:47 PM »
How would you know? If you did... you'd probably be dead already.

And yeah, the game looks cool, and the trailer at E3 rocked. Still not worth $660 with tax.
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 11:23:19 PM »
I heard that the demo version of the PS3 exclusive 'Assassin's Creed' was actually running off of a Xbox 360 using a 3rd party USB PS2 controller.

The story was up at IGN during E3(they supposedly ) but they took it down and replaced it with a story that said it was running off of PC's emulating a PS3.

E3 2006: Xbox 360 Assassinated
Ubisoft Montreal's Prince of Persia influenced action game may come to Xbox 360.
by Douglass C. Perry
May 12, 2006 - Ubisoft Montreal revealed its next incredible project, Assassins: Creed, exclusively for PlayStation 3 at E3 this year, much to the delight of Sony console fans and to the dismay of Microsoft consoles fans.
~
According to sources close to the company, however, there are potential plans for an Xbox 360 version at Assassins: Creed sometime in 2007. Additionally, Microsoft sources who asked not to be mentioned by name, claimed the demo, hidden behind closed doors at E3, was running on an Xbox 360 using a third-party USB PlayStation controller. The game system was hidden in a stand covered by a sheet. Again, Ubisoft officials would not comment.

If Assassins ends up on Xbox 360, believe this to be true, if not, well then forget this rumor ever existed...

UPDATE: As it turns out Assassins Creed is NOT PS3 EXCLUSIVE afterall  <---- credible??

While talking to a Ubi employee who asked not to be named, he accidentally let slip that Assassin's Creed is being developed on 360 as well. When we asked what 'exclusive' meant upon catching him out, he shut up, but we'll assume exclusive means 'timed exclusive'.
Apparenty some Ubisoft employee has a loose tongue  

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 06:17:47 AM »
Well, journalists do their best to loosen them.  Watching Matt C. interview Perrin Kaplan, he spefically asked her, "So which games will be available for the system in October?" but she's got the PR touch (or Jedi touch as the geeks like to say) and quickly put down his attempt to trick her into revealing the release date.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX