Author Topic: DreamWorks, Blue Man Group and 3net Announce Nintendo Video Support  (Read 2617 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report

Everything from baby pandas to Halloween ogres will arrive on the 3DS soon.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28013

Nintendo has announced that they will be teaming up with several companies to provide new content for Nintendo 3DS' Nintendo Video service.

The first of these companies is DreamWorks Animation, who are best known for their hit Shrek franchise, as well as Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon. DreamWorks will be bringing several 3D videos to the system, including a Halloween-themed Monsters vs. Aliens short as well as a another featuring Shrek's three little pigs.

Next is 3net, a joint venture of Discovery Communications, Sony and Imax. The company plans to release nature-themed videos, such as Feeding Time, a video that focuses on baby animals.

Finally, The Blue Man Group has pledged their support once more as their sixth and final video is released later this week.

New videos can be found on the system each week alongside the updates to the eShop.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Tansunn

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: DreamWorks, Blue Man Group and 3net Announce Nintendo Video Support
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 12:52:29 PM »
The first video is available starting today and features characters from the studio's 2009 release Monsters vs. Aliens. Another video featuring the three little German pigs from the Shrek franchise will appear later this month.

They've already got their schedule wrong.  The pigs video appeared on my 3DS yesterday, and I haven't seen the Monsters vs. Aliens clip yet.

Offline Discostew

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 01:14:44 PM »
I had something odd going on with the 3 Little Pigs video. Yesterday, the quality was not only poor, but the 3D mode looked like one angle was delayed behind the other, messing up the effect. Today, however, the quality was much better, and the 3D mode worked.

Offline Ras

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »
I was going to come here and say, "Gah, no more Blue Man Group," but your wording of it--they "pledged their support"--makes me feel bad.  Bring on more Blue Man Group!   ;D

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »
Nintendo Video has served a useful purpose by teaching me that I should never spend money on Blue Man Group because I hate them.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 07:49:29 PM »
Nintendo Video has served a useful purpose by teaching me that I should never spend money on Blue Man Group because I hate them.

Hate is such a strong word. Appropriate in this case though...
NNID: ejamer

Offline Dremmy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »
I had the same problem with the 3 little pigs video. It's definitely much better today. I would also like to see more 3D game trailers appear on the service. I'm not a fan of having to download the trailers only to have to delete them later.

Offline house3136

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 11:45:44 PM »
 I’m completely in accordance with you Jonathan. I understand they can’t speak, but why do the act like catatonic retards? The only reason why I click on their videos now is so I can stop the new video light from flashing. “Oh, there’s a new video, awesome. Wait, Blue Man Group, WTF is this!â€

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 10:43:51 AM »
I like the Three little pig one and it was cool about the helicopter but its obviously not the whole show.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 05:38:33 PM »
Aren't the Blue dudes supposed to be aliens or something?  I caught a piece of a Blue Man Group show on TV once, and it was something of a rock concert with unconventional instruments and performance art.  These videos are pretty low key in comparison.