Author Topic: Episode 453: Even the Podcast Leaked Early  (Read 3118 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 453: Even the Podcast Leaked Early
« on: November 14, 2015, 11:07:53 AM »

I guess this makes Jon the show's Cloud Strife? I'm not comfortable with this analogy.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/41521/episode-453-even-the-podcast-leaked-early

After over five months of silence and a mountain of leaks, Nintendo jumped back into the Direct game, foiling Radio Free Nintendo's attempts to take a week off. Jon returns to join Greg, Gui, and James in applying their critical lenses on topics as broad as boxed, retail, Virtual Console games to wolf amiibo, to Sakurai's latest Limit Break. And remember, Radio Free Nintendo is always Free to Start. You've seen everyone else try to make sense of Cloud in Smash, but RFN has the world exclusive on what the Wolf Link amiibo really unlocks.

We'll return to our normal format next week; so, drop us an email and maybe we'll use it on the show!

We have a lot of content planned for Radio Free Nintendo between now and the end of the year, however December 5 is the most important date on the RFN calendar - Nintendo World Report will be hosting our sixth annual telethon for Child's Play charity. We'll be posting donation information and the show schedule sometime this week, so keep an eye open for it. Every year we're humbled by how generous our listeners are, so we thank you in advance.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 453: Even the Podcast Leaked Early
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 09:21:35 PM »
Next year for RPGs is going to be a blood bath. Especially in Europe where it's everything North America gets plus everything that slipped from last year like Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Yo-kai Watch, Stella Glow, Legend of Legacy and Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold.

Offline BiteThePillow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 01:59:24 AM »
Guillaume (referring to Linkel): "...the fruit of the forbidden love between Link and Tingle."

Thank you, Guillaume, for making me choke on my beer.
NNID: UltraGoomba
3DS Friend Code: 2208-7006-9833

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 05:22:13 AM »
Good show. Witnessing the reaction to Cloud in Smash was a high light of the week.

Having Nintendo Direct return in such a strong fashion is such a cool thing. Also, it illustrates the distinction between the good Directs and the disappointing ones. The amount of information and surprises (depending on how closely one follows the rumor mill) is great to have and is due to the long time since the Nintendo Digital Event at E3 2015. The previous schedule of having a general Direct every other month or so is perhaps too frequent for Nintendo to put on a satisfying show. I hope in the future that these general Directs happen every quarter or so.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 08:27:03 AM »
To be fair Tantalus owns Straight Right, who handled the excellent Wii U ports of Deus Ex and Mass Effect 3 (and the ZombiU port to PS4XB1). So they'll probably pool resources from them. It won't be all Funky Barns and Ben 10s.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »
To be fair Tantalus owns Straight Right, who handled the excellent Wii U ports of Deus Ex and Mass Effect 3 (and the ZombiU port to PS4XB1). So they'll probably pool resources from them. It won't be all Funky Barns and Ben 10s.

I thought this was what Shibata was referring to in the EU Direct when he said Tantalus "has a great track record with remakes", but sadly the cheap gag was too tempting for me to resist. My personal experience with the Deus Ex port was quite positive, and I really have no major concerns about the technical aspect of this remastering; it's more a question of whether or not Nintendo will prioritise tweaks to the game design that make the experience significantly smoother and more enjoyable than it would be to simply replay one of the existing versions.
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 12:19:38 PM »
This is only tangentally related to this podcast, but Daan Koopman has been an avid fan of Collectable badge center, and posts videos every time new badges comes out for his japanese 3DS. the ammount of yen he has given nintendo is staggering.

He tend uploaded a 41 minute preview of the EU version of Nintendo Badge Arcade.

This was a pretty great episode, and Bill Trinen was indeed my favorite part of Nintendo direct as well. Oh, and I suppose Cloud, but moreso because the Midgar stage looks epic! I think though what I would have enjoyed for this was if we got playable Gilgamesh and multiple Final Fantasy job Mii costumes. Think about it. Gilgamesh is this dimension traveling goofball who's trying to collect legendary swords, and how many friggin' legendary swords are there in Super Smash Bros. 4?!? (Master Sword X 2, Ragnell, Falchion X2, Binding Blade, Galaxia, Palutena Bow's split-apart blades) He'd be frothing at the mouth, and his weapons that he uses for his special attacks could all be some sort of crazy reference to all sorts of different Final Fantasy stuff and reprisent multiple games pretty easily!

Keep up the great work, and enjoy your upcoming weeks off in preperation for the telethon! I should have the 5th available to sit all day and listen in!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:03:45 PM by Pandareus »