Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755407 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #825 on: May 30, 2013, 12:43:25 PM »

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS VC)
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS VC)

Decided to grab both of these games while they are on sale. Love the portable Zelda games, and the Oracle series is quite good. Looking forward to playing through to get the true ending (something I'm not sure I've ever done before).

Wow... You can tell that work is stressful with so many game purchases lately. Outside of video games, I've also grabbed copies of Tales of the Arabian Nights and Battle for China board games in recent weeks. Now to find time over the summer to enjoy all of these great pick-ups instead of just buying vicariously.
 :Q
NNID: ejamer

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 30, 2013, 03:24:18 PM »
I decided to be big spender tonight and have subsequently paid

1$ to Humble Telltale Bundle for bunch of their puzzle and adventure games. They said for two dollars more for The Walking Dead game but nah, it's not worth it.

2$ for Gunman Clive, because reading interview on the site reminded me i still haven't bought it.

Also bought Space Rangers HD a few days ago, but it was for my friend. I do want to play it someday myself, cause that friend is freaking obsessed with it, and i like Elite type games. For some reason he especially enjoy "text quests" in it, i'm not even sure what is it...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:26:40 PM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 30, 2013, 03:44:17 PM »
1$ to Humble Telltale Bundle for bunch of their puzzle and adventure games. They said for two dollars more for The Walking Dead game but nah, it's not worth it.

I also grabbed these games this afternoon, beating the average donation so that I got the Walking Dead game too.  Telltale games have some issues, but that's still a steal of a deal in my opinion.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 31, 2013, 08:46:14 PM »

Aside from the two Zelda games on the 3DS VC, I picked up all this.

I'm a sick, sick man.

The two Skylanders are the newest shipment - only three figures left to go!  $12.99 each.  Paying full price hurt, but, what the heck...

The two packs of Wii U cradles/docks were $6 each on clearance at Target.  Probably would have only bought one if I had put some thought into it before hand and realized that they don't have the charging cable with them.

Do you live near one of the few remaining K-Marts?  If so, I hope you're checking them often for deals.  Goldeneye Bundle - $20, Tetris Axis - $5 each, Cubic Ninja - $3, and Touchmaster 3 - $5.

Finally, did you know that Best Buy stores will now pricematch select online prices?  For example, GameStop.com has America's Test Kitchen for 99 cents, while Best Buy has it in store for $9.50.  Sadly, they'd only let me get five. :D  These should make great cheap prizes for my StreetPass group. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 01, 2013, 01:48:21 AM »
I can sorta understand three copies of Tetris (maybe you have a party of tetris fanatics coming up...), but five copies of "American Recipes: Learn How to Cook and Teach your daughter!" (or whatever this is)?

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #830 on: June 01, 2013, 09:20:38 AM »
Hey, UncleBob can't help it if he's a baby-making machine. Gotta teach those girls to cook!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 01, 2013, 10:30:38 AM »
Hey, Kmart is doing just fine, thanks. :P But yeah, that Goldeneye bundle is fantastic. I bought another one this week.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 01, 2013, 11:12:12 AM »
Wii U Gamepad cradle on clearance isn't a very good sign...though, if you have a black Wii U, you already have one.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 01, 2013, 11:17:02 AM »
... but five copies of "American Recipes: Learn How to Cook and Teach your daughter!" (or whatever this is)?

Believe it or not, that game is actually a very decent digital cookbook.  Whether you need something like that (let alone five copies) is hard to say - but it's totally worth owning for anyone who wants to try some simple recipies, and paying a buck a piece for DS cases alone might be worthwhile for some people.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 02, 2013, 05:40:40 PM »
not so much a purchase but i helped a teacher throwing away some old CDs that came with a textbook we no longer use and offered to 'repurpose' the little binder thing they came in... not too bad, feels a little cheap but its certainly usable...

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #835 on: June 02, 2013, 05:45:49 PM »
Believe it or not, that game is actually a very decent digital cookbook.  Whether you need something like that (let alone five copies) is hard to say - but it's totally worth owning for anyone who wants to try some simple recipies, and paying a buck a piece for DS cases alone might be worthwhile for some people.
Yes, it and Personal Trainer: Cooking have some really delicious recipes that I make very frequently.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 08, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »

Be jealous.

F-Zero GX - $5.99 from used game store (3rd copy, 2nd "complete". just in case someone manages to ever enable LAN play...)

Tetris Axis - $5 from Kmart.  It was open, but everything is in there.  For a prize, that's fine.

Nintendogs - $4 from Goodwill - I now own every version of Nintendogs and Nintendogs + Cats.

Three copies of CrossworDS Plus - $4 each from Goodwill.  New and unopened.  One for me, two for prizes in my StreetPass group.

GBA SP/original DS AC Adapter - $1 from Goodwill.  If you're checking Goodwill stores, they usually have a tote of random cables somewhere.  Might find something useful in there.

Final Fantasy Adventure (Original GB) - $2 from Goodwill.  With plastic case.

10 packs of 5 packs of 5 NSMBWii stickers.  $1.50 each. I have this entire set, minus one.  These didn't get an official release in the states, but these were in a "liquidation" type packaging.  Hopefully, between the 250 stickers, I'll get the one I need.  Extras will make for good, cheap prizes. :D

Now, the bottom half of the screen.

The Orange and two Black official GCN controllers - good, clicky sticks, nice condition (needs a little cleaning).  $3 each from Goodwill.

The Black GameCube, the off-brand Indigo controller, the MC251, the random WaveBird receiver, power cable, A/V cable and Nintendo-specific off-brand RF Modulator - $25.  The Gamecube is pretty close to a launch unit, looks like it was purchased in June of 2002 at... Kay Bee toys. Funny, eh?

Pretty soon, I'm going to build a fort out of GameCubes.  I will call it Fort GameCube.  Yeah, I came up with that name all on my own.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 08, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
Be jealous.

F-Zero GX - $5.99 from used game store (3rd copy, 2nd "complete". just in case someone manages to ever enable LAN play...)
Three copies of CrossworDS Plus - $4 each from Goodwill.  New and unopened.  One for me, two for prizes in my StreetPass group.

Nice finds in general, and I am jealous about these two in particular.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 08, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »

Be jealous.

Pretty soon, I'm going to build a fort out of GameCubes.  I will call it Fort GameCube.  Yeah, I came up with that name all on my own.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 08, 2013, 12:57:30 PM »
10 packs of 5 packs of 5 NSMBWii stickers.  $1.50 each. I have this entire set, minus one.  These didn't get an official release in the states, but these were in a "liquidation" type packaging.  Hopefully, between the 250 stickers, I'll get the one I need.  Extras will make for good, cheap prizes. :D

Well, I just went from being depressed, to really pissed off, to ecstatic in about 2 minutes.

So, I went through and cut the tops off all the plastic baggies, then slid all the packages of stickers out - upside down.  At this point, I noticed that there were two different styles of backs on the packages.  This isn't unusual, as I knew there were multiple styles of package, depending on which country they were released in.  So, I started pulling them apart, because I wanted to check my binder and make sure I had both variations of package before I ripped everything open willy-nilly.

I had a huge stack of one style, not so many of the other style.  So, I flipped them over, with plans to sort out the artwork on the front (there are three different package designs)... and I noticed the huge stack was... Super Mario Galaxy stickers. :(  I completed this set long ago and was frustrated that the majority of the stickers where SMG stickers.

So, I counted the NSMBWii stickers. Ten.  Ten packs.  This means, I got one package of stickers in each package of 5.  Basically, I paid $1.50/pack.  Growl.

Well, nothing to do about it now.  So, I start opening them up.  First pack I open has #007 in it.  Now, this whole time, I'm pretty sure I need a #006, but this one is just soooo close.  So, I go and dig my binder out.  Sure enough, it's #006 I need.

I open another... nothing.

And another... nothing.

and a fourth... JACKPOT!  #006, Yellow Toad!

HOT DAMN, best $15 I spent all weekend. :D

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: June 12, 2013, 07:51:57 AM »
I bought Dust: An Elysian Tail on Steam last week.  I don't have a PS3 or Xbox, so this is the first time I've been able to play the game. 

I've actually enjoyed it much, much more than I originally thought I would.  The combat is fun (though it's way too easy), and the level design gets fairly complex once you reach some of the caverns in the second chapter.  Though it's not on the level of Murumasa or Odin's Sphere, the playstyle, artwork and character animation remind me a little of a Vanillaware game, only with a Nintendo-like element of stage progression that is linked to finding/earning new abilities or macguffins to get you through doors.

I'm still early in the game.  The VA is a little annoying, but that seems to be sort of intentional with at least one character.   The music is soothing, the artwork is  The overall package is great, and I'm happy with my purchase. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:54:51 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 12, 2013, 03:46:20 PM »
Intentional or not I skip every bit of story sequence I can. I hate everyone's voices in that game, and I'm not huge into the character designs.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 14, 2013, 05:57:16 PM »
My copy of The Last of Us arrived today and was waiting for me when I got home from work.  Played the first little section before taking a break to do some laundry.  I can already tell this game is going to consume me for the next little while.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 15, 2013, 08:11:43 PM »
Final Fantasy Adventure (Original GB) - $2 from Goodwill.  With plastic case.
Awesome price for the best Game Boy game around, I hope you enjoy it!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #844 on: June 22, 2013, 01:42:40 AM »
Mega Man 6 (VC)

Not...not very good.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 22, 2013, 02:58:27 AM »

So, this is about two weeks worth of stuff.

There's the physical version of Animal Crossing: New Leaf.  I had originally planned to play two towns, but my digital copy has taken so much of my life.  Also, I purchased the digital version.  Then, I bought the Animal Crossing edition 3DS XL.

Not shown: The Animal Crossing Strategy Guide and the 32 GB SD card I bought for my old 3DS, since I had to take the 32GB card out of it for the new one.

The Gold Mario pin, Wii U pin, Mario and Luigi Mario Kart 8 Flags, DS Lanyards and Foam Luigi hat all came from the Best Buy event I went to.  I was super-sad I didn't get one of the Luigi coins. :(  The rep gave me the extra lanyards to give out as prizes in my StreetPass group.

Under the Luigi hat is a Wii stand that was marked $2.99 at GameStop - but rang up 99 cents.  It'll work perfect for my blue Wii that doesn't come with one.  Additionally, there's a GameCube microphone there.  It was marked 99 cents, but rang up a quarter.  I don't really need it, as I already have two (one of which is the black one that's a little harder to find than the gray one), but for $1, I couldn't just leave the poor thing there.

In the bottom, right are some vending machine finds.  I ran across a vending machine that had Super Mario Galaxy 2 stickers in it. $6 got me the set of 12

Next to that is my set of Pac-Man vending machine toys.  They were 75 cents/vend.  Counting the two-fer, it took ten vends for me to get the complete set.  Totally worth it.  Technically, it only took me 8 vends, but I was able to see that the next two were each Pac-Man figures, so I snatched them. :D

Also not shown, New Super Luigi Bros. U download.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 23, 2013, 01:51:11 AM »

One thing I forgot in that last round of photos - Stuffed Kirby!  Whooo!  $12.50 at Hot Topic. :D

Okay, today's pick-ups.

Polar Whirlwind - $10.99.
Golden Dragonfire Cannon Battlepack - $9.99.
Gill Runt Sidekick - Free.

Teen Titans (GCN - Disc Only) $1.50.

Jade Flashwing - $9.99

Waluigi figure - don't even know, but he was the last one I needed.  And is a freaking Waluigi figure.

Skylanders: SWAP Force pre-order cards - $1 each.  These have RFID chips in them that, apparently, will give me something extra in SWAP Force.  Probably won't pick up the pre-orders.  Sorry, Target.

Baseball and Tetris (GB) - $3 each.

Quest 64 - $4... Cart needs a good cleaning, though.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 23, 2013, 09:11:12 AM »
How do you buy all of this stuff? I know Wal-Mart pays about two and a quarter an hour...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 23, 2013, 11:56:53 AM »
I rob old ladies.

Seriously, Walmart pays a pretty fair wage.  It helps that I'm not expecting to support a family of four on my income or something stupid.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 23, 2013, 12:14:01 PM »
I got Torchlight 1 on GOG for a whopping price of nothing.

A few weeks ago i saw my colleague playing Fate (previous Diablo-clone from the same developers), and i remembered how i much played this game because it was preinstalled on my notebook back in 2008. When this sale came up i got this right away. Though i might have gotten this any way nostalgia or not, since it was free.