Author Topic: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness  (Read 104292 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2020, 05:01:54 AM »
Question. How many days after donating 5 different creatures to Nook will it take to open the museum? 

Once you've set up a place for the museum it takes two days for it to be completed.

As for me, my big project recently has been my soccer field, which took 36 unique texture patterns to get right. Next I want to organize my flowers better, as they're kind of all over the place right now.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2020, 05:35:58 AM »
Question. How many days after donating 5 different creatures to Nook will it take to open the museum? 

Once you've set up a place for the museum it takes two days for it to be completed.

As for me, my big project recently has been my soccer field, which took 36 unique texture patterns to get right. Next I want to organize my flowers better, as they're kind of all over the place right now.

Good to know. I guess I can work on my house today since it only takes one day to appear.   

That should be an exciting project to look at once you finish.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2020, 01:45:31 PM »
I am loving New Horizons!  It is such a joy to go back into the Animal Crossing series. Last one was City Folk. Over the past two days I...

Upgraded my tent to a small house, I have set up where the museum is going to be,  Did the May Day maze and got Rover's item, Cleared my island of weeds.  Got a nice selection of fauna donated to the museum for when it opens tomorrow, Set up the place where Nook's Cranny is going to be, I also used the Nook miles ticket to go to a random island and get lots of flora, fauna, and a friendly villager to live on the island. I am also nearing the total of paying of the house so I can expand my house even further.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2020, 04:34:55 PM »
I found someone on Twitter to help me offload my turnips last night.  This morning, I temporarily achieved millionaire status!  I'm on the fence about trying to do the same thing this week, since it feels like I got out of this week's market by the skin of my teeth.

I've added the second room and depending on my decision tomorrow, I'll be upgrading the house again soon.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2020, 04:40:38 PM »
For those that play the turnip market is there a second best method of getting bells?

I mean are money trees still a thing?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 04:49:39 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2020, 06:52:40 PM »
For those that play the turnip market is there a second best method of getting bells?

Yes, you can still plant money trees. Every day there will be one glowing spot on your island, and if you dig that up you'll get 1,000 bells and can plant a bag of bells that will grow into a money tree. If you plant up to 10,000 you get three bags of that amount, and if you plant more than that you get a chance of getting three of that amount or else you get three of 10,000.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2020, 08:53:26 PM »

Nintendo seems to enjoy nerfing money making methods so they're fairly distant but Tarantula/Scorpion islands seem to be the second best.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2020, 08:54:54 PM »
Do the money tress only sprout Money once?

and if so, do they just become hardwood trees after that?
and.... if I bury something else in the glowing hole, do I get something special when I return to dig it up later?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2020, 09:00:34 PM »
Yes, yes, and no.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2020, 09:48:20 PM »
Okay I assume this is correct since I still have the money tree but if you bury money in a shiny spot and then you dig up the tree and move it to someplace else is it still a money tree?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2020, 10:48:48 PM »
Yes.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2020, 11:29:21 PM »
that's good to know.

I just finished fencing off my yard and closing it in with gates. LOL
The other day my daughter had her sister (at her mom's house) come into the game when I wasn't in the room. Her sister went in my yard, where I've collected almost all variety of flowers, and stole my Red, White, Yellow, and Orange Roses (I bred that Orange one myself ;_;) she also stole a bamboo tree and dug up more rose bushes that I had tucked away.
My daughter got mad at her, unbestfriended her and then shut the gate to the airport so she was kicked out.

I came back in the room and she was upset and told me all about it. I told her not to trip, don't say anything about it, and just invite me to your island at your moms house so I can get my stuff back (I only cared about the Orange Rose and the Bamboo Tree <we only have two.....>).

I log on today and I have been removed as a friend to her (her account is logged on this switch as well due to her sisters.... long story, there's a thread on it somewhere) so I add myself back to her account. and send her a message. 10 minutes later, I'm unfriended again and my daughters account is logged off....

Guess I'll just have to keep breeding more roses and hope my last bamboo sprouts more seeds at some point.

But like I was saying, I fenced in my hard, and since I'm right next to the water, I had to make a fenced section across the river as well, just to make sure you can't get in my yard unless you are either a resident or best friend and have the ability to pick up the fencing/gates. All as a precaution to my daughter playing with her sisters again.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2020, 09:35:36 AM »
Well Daisy Mae is on my island and selling turnips to day for 108 bells.  I have about 10,000 bells on hand so I am thinking of using up 2,000 on them to see if I can sell them somewhere. 

On another note my museum should open up tomorrow and I have Nook's Cranny opening at 8am. 

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2020, 01:14:26 PM »
Took a little time today to make some orchards with my oranges(native fruit) and pears(fruit from mom).  I have behind my house about 25 orange trees which are just coming into their own and will grow over the next few days. 

Across the river I have a 5 by 5 area for the rest of the fruit. Oranges,Pears, Apples, Cherries and Peaches.  In need of the latter 3 if folks have some.

I have my gates open via DODO code 6DXS3.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 05:09:01 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2020, 05:52:22 PM »
While I have been waiting for folks to arrive I did a few projects. 

First one was set up three Simple DIY workbenches around the island. One on the western part of my island near the dock. Just in case I break any of my fishing rods while fishing.   I have one by Resident Services just by the billboard so I can have one for folks who come and visit me and they need something to craft for Tom Nook.  Last one is on the upper eastern side of the map by the upper levels so that I can go down a level and craft things needed for the upper areas of the map. 

I also am expanding my house. It is going to be nice to have more storage. Right now a good majority of it is with all sorts of fauna for the museum. Speaking of which is is slated to open tomorrow and that is going to be fun to see what has changed since City Folk.   Oh I also built a bridge which should be ready tomorrow to the western area of my island for 3 new houses.   Tomorrow is going to be fun. I can't wait!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2020, 06:55:15 PM »
I bought big on the stalk market today.  According to https://turnipprophet.io/ I should get a spike some time this week, which would be great.  I sold some buckets today, since that was my hot item.  I think I'll focus on paying off the loan for my first addition for the rest of the week.  I think I need to do whatever celebrations Tom Nook has had for me also.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2020, 07:02:36 PM »
I bought big on the stalk market today.  According to https://turnipprophet.io/ I should get a spike some time this week, which would be great.  I sold some buckets today, since that was my hot item.  I think I'll focus on paying off the loan for my first addition for the rest of the week.  I think I need to do whatever celebrations Tom Nook has had for me also.

Yeah my hot item was the old fashion washtub and I just kept crafting them again and again and I got 790 each. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2020, 09:43:28 PM »
I had my first visitor today in Golden Phoenix and she gave me the rest of the fruits I needed. Now I wait while I let my orchid grows over the next few days.  I also have to say Golden Phoenix's town is amazing.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2020, 10:12:01 PM »

Yeah my hot item was the old fashion washtub and I just kept crafting them again and again and I got 790 each. 

I've recently been finding that if I don't have any other goals in the game, I'll generally gather resources and make as many of the hot item as I can.  I used some excess funds to buy a bunch of flowers in case I get inspired to do some more planting.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2020, 02:10:18 PM »
I’ve been doing a lot of terraforming lately. I managed to get all the house extensions and enough bells to restructure the buildings into more of a neighborhood. I’m trying out a city type design with multiple levels. It’s slow going, but I like what I have built up so far.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2020, 04:27:52 PM »
I've downshifted into playing the game maybe every other day now. I'm pretty happy with it to be honest, this is a healthy rate of play if I don't want to burn out. I've got some long-term goals I'll probably tinker with, but I'm not big into terraforming so now that I've rolled credits I feel no burning desire to obsess over anything in particular.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2020, 04:40:27 PM »
Well I completed the 3 new villagers quest and they should be arriving come tomorrow and the past few days have been good for fishing in the sea in the rain.  I got a Oarfish, Coelacanth and a Sturgeon.  All nice catches with more to come. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2020, 02:54:44 PM »
Well I completed the 3 new villagers quest and they should be arriving come tomorrow and the past few days have been good for fishing in the sea in the rain.  I got a Oarfish, Coelacanth and a Sturgeon.  All nice catches with more to come. 

One thing I can’t get enough of is fishing so I really like the variety of places you can go fishing. I caught a frog this morning and I’ve been trying to rare fish off my pier, but no luck yet. Also it took a while for shooting stars to occur on my island- it rained a lot in my first weeks, but I’ve managed to catch a few nights with them recently. I made a Golden Slingshot today.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2020, 08:47:44 PM »
Well today has been fun.  Spend most of it organizing my fruit trees so they are two spaces apart in every direction so they can grow. Then once they are fully grown I can transplant them to an area so they are only 1 space apart. 3 days till Fruit Basket of Money!!

For BnM- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TfzCsIk2Gk

For BnM- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQVG54689aQ
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 09:29:49 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2020, 10:50:48 PM »
Hello, old friends! How are your islands going? So this new AC game is good.

I’ve been hoarding items for people to catalogue, but it’s time to clean up my island. It’s such a mess and I want to unlock terraforming. I skimmed the thread and saw cataloging mentioned a bit. I’ve got furniture, songs, and clothes.

I’m going to open the gates soon if anyone wants to stop by to catalog. It would be nice to reconnect with all the nice NWR peeps! I’ll wait until the weekend to clean up the place. You don’t have to worry about putting items back down exactly where they were.

4449-4572-7014
Villager: Deet
Island: Thra
Dodo code: 8YJ6R