Author Topic: Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising Launching Tomorrow On North American Virtual Console  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

"Hardcore August" continues with some Intelligent Systems strategy

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40981/advance-wars-2-black-hole-rising-launching-tomorrow-on-north-american-virtual-console

Nintendo's game list has updated to announce Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising will be tomorrow's Wii U Virtual Console release.

The sequel to the GBA launch title released in 2003 originally, and came out in Europe on July 2. The main additions were a group of additional commanding officers and the storyline follows on from the original's.

The North American price has been set at $7.99.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
This is the only game in the series (of those released in the west) that I haven't played, so I'm somewhat interested, although this is a series I'd much rather have on a handheld.

Also, still no Zero Mission?! This is getting more and more ridiculous.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline jarodea

• A man of the world, so suave and discrete, he trips over the women piled up at his feet
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
I've owned all the Advanced Wars and regrettably sold all of them (I even had the compilation GBA cart).  I really want this but $8 for a single SNES/GBA game is getting harder and harder to justify, especially after Retro Replay.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
This is still my fave in the series, before it got a little too crazy with CO powers and abilities.

Offline fred13

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
This is a GREAT game. I played this a TON as a kid, unfortunately about 4 years ago I lost the cartridge on a trip and haven't been able to play it again since. YES I'll buy it again.

I see the price a little differently. It's $8 and I'll get 50+ hours of fun out of it plus my son is getting old enough to enjoy it so I'll teach him and if he likes it then he'll also get fun out of it. For me $8 is super easy to justify.

I bought Advance Wars 1 when it came to VC and throughly enjoyed conquering it again. This time I played it mostly when the baby was up at night crying. It was a great distraction so that the crying didn't get to me as much.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
The final level in campaign is ridiculously hard. I bought it at launch, but had to sit it down and walk away, and came back 12 years later to try again and somehow managed to beat it
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Damn, I thought this was about a new Advanced Wars game. Still got my cart somewhere...
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline RPG_FAN128

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • RPG_FAN128 Programming
Nice!  I just played through the campaign about 2-3 weeks ago during my retro summer run.  I've actually never beaten the hard campaign, but I really enjoy the normal campaign...other than the first few stages which are essentially tutorials.  The AI was slightly improved and many AI-exploits that I used in the first game no longer worked.  I agree, however, that AW:DS got really crazy with the attitude of "hey let's add a million playable CO's some of whom are OP and let them both have a turn during super CO power" which I feel made the game unbalanced.

Dear Intelligent Systems:  With a franchise like THIS, permanent death makes sense and is fun.  One could lose dozens of units and not feel the need to replay the stage.  Please make more games from this franchise.