Community Forums > NWR Forums Discord

I'm not making it up, it's in the NEWZ, DEWD.

(1/121) > >>

BlackNMild2k1:
A thread for all those crazy/sad/disturbing/stupid/weird news stories you run across everyday
that might not actually be worthy of a thread all on their own.

PepsiCo iPhone app draws fire for stereotyping

--- Quote ---MILWAUKEE (AP) -- PepsiCo Inc. is facing criticism for an iPhone application that promises to help men "score" with two dozen stereotypes of women by giving users pickup lines and a scoreboard to keep track of their conquests.

An apology by the company - which is using the app "Amp up before you score" to market its Amp energy drink - is igniting more online criticism. But the company is sticking by the app.

[...]

The application lets users select from stereotypes of women, like the "foreign exchange student" or "nerd" or "cougar." Then it offers possible pickup lines like, "Wasn't I in Space Academy with you?" for the nerd.

It also offers other hints, like links to world news for the foreign exchange student. For the "rebound girl" - who has just broken up with her boyfriend - it offers maps of local ice cream shops.

The app then lets users add women - along with name, date of the conquest and comments - to the user's "brag list," which can be shared online on sites like Facebook and Twitter.

[...]

The brouhaha generated new downloads on Wednesday and hundreds of new comments from users of the program, negative, positive and neutral.

"This is a great app for men, horrible app for women," wrote one user, who gave it a top rating of five stars. "Only download this app if you have been around the block a few times with different types of women."
--- End quote ---

Quotes from the app

--- Quote from: Sorority Girl ---Can I tappa your gamma?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Bookworm ---I don't have an insidious bone in my body. Well, that's not true.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Nerd ---Your mouth says, "Shields up!", but your eyes say, 'A hull breach is imminent."
--- End quote ---

Someone please download this app from the app store and post some of the more hilarious pick up lines.

vudu:
Are you determined to create every more threads in the Funhouse than anyone else?  Do we really need thread for random posts?

EasyCure:

--- Quote from: vudu on October 15, 2009, 09:05:36 PM ---Are you determined to create every more threads in the Funhouse than anyone else?  Do we really need thread for random posts?

--- End quote ---

Better than a thread for every stupid news story we come across.. like that lil fat baby that was denied insurance or something i just heard about..

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: vudu on October 15, 2009, 09:05:36 PM ---Are you determined to create every more threads in the Funhouse than anyone else?  Do we really need thread for random posts?

--- End quote ---

No. we need a thread for random NEWS stories that happen to be interesting.

Stogi:
LOL that last pick up line is hilarious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version